hammer38
hammer38
Joined: Aug 14, 2015
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 5
August 20th, 2015 at 5:36:06 PM permalink
Does anybody have any knowledge on Frits Dunki-Jacobs book: Betting on blackjack, a non counters breakthrough guide to making profits.
I keep switching back and forth from counting to these books on betting system. What are you opinions and advise.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
August 20th, 2015 at 5:53:06 PM permalink
Betting systems don't work. Counting does.
Donuts
Donuts
Joined: Oct 17, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 149
August 20th, 2015 at 9:00:37 PM permalink
Are you really going to trust a guy named "Frits Dunki-Jacobs"?
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
August 21st, 2015 at 4:10:32 AM permalink
Quote: hammer38

Does anybody have any knowledge on Frits Dunki-Jacobs book: Betting on blackjack, a non counters breakthrough guide to making profits.
I keep switching back and forth from counting to these books on betting system. What are you opinions and advise.



That book was mentioned here a few years ago. I didn't read it then and have no plans to now. Anything that touts non counting or progression betting should be avoided.

May I give the names of some legitimate and respected blackjack authors? You must have run across some of them in your searches. Most have multiple works so I'll just give their names for now. In no particular order and with apologies to anyone left out of this partial list:

Stanford Wong, Don Schlesinger, Ken Uston, Arnold Snyder, Rick Blaine, Fred Renzey, Kevin Blackwood, Lawrence Revere, Ian Anderson, Olaf Vancura and Norm Wattenberger.

Some of the information may be dated because of being written before shoe games became prevalent and before today's surveillance techniques.

Web sites: qfit, Blackjack:TheForum and Blackjackinfo.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
August 21st, 2015 at 4:41:14 AM permalink
Blackjacktheforum*

By the way, although many books are dated, it does not mean they are useless. As with many things in life, when you are trying to learn a new subject, it is very important to learn the relevant history behind it.

In computer classes you'll learn how computers used to be built. You don't learn that because it's something you directly need to know, but because it forms a basis of understanding how they started off working. From there, you learn the different steps going forward in how improvements were made.


Also, some things in the dated books no longer apply to many situations today. However, sometimes you'll find yourself in a situation where the casino hasn't updated a certain part of how they handle something. Some things you read about no longer apply and cannot be used in 99% of today's casino environment. But occasionally you'll be in the 1% where you can still get away with or pull off something that is "dated" and not going to work at the other 99%.

The more knowledge you have, the better equipped you are to make an informed decision when an oddity presents itself.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
August 21st, 2015 at 5:21:26 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Blackjacktheforum*

By the way, although many books are dated, it does not mean they are useless. As with many things in life, when you are trying to learn a new subject, it is very important to learn the relevant history behind it.

In computer classes you'll learn how computers used to be built. You don't learn that because it's something you directly need to know, but because it forms a basis of understanding how they started off working. From there, you learn the different steps going forward in how improvements were made.


Also, some things in the dated books no longer apply to many situations today. However, sometimes you'll find yourself in a situation where the casino hasn't updated a certain part of how they handle something. Some things you read about no longer apply and cannot be used in 99% of today's casino environment. But occasionally you'll be in the 1% where you can still get away with or pull off something that is "dated" and not going to work at the other 99%.

The more knowledge you have, the better equipped you are to make an informed decision when an oddity presents itself.



Not just that, but generally, opportunities can be had on a generational/generic basis sometimes. Surveillance and other changes have been evolutionary over the last 50 years or so (in this case), and yet the basic game and how it's played have stayed the same. Who's to say that the folks now watching/dealing/supervising games know all the tricks from back a few decades? Assumptions can be deadly....

JMHO; not suggesting I have any great secrets, but this is true for a lot of things. Might be time for a second go-round on stuff not seen lately...
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2169
January 3rd, 2017 at 7:42:12 PM permalink
I just had dinner tonight with a friend whose mother was a very good friend of the author's mother. It just came up in conversation. I've never heard of the guy myself.

  • Jump to: