Wino
Wino
  • Threads: 45
July 18th, 2015 at 7:27:42 AM permalink
Dear members,

I had come across the term "paired down unbalanced running count system." What is this "paired down" referring to? Is it comparing Red 7 vs. KO?
Wanda Wilcox: “I can’t stand people. I hate them.” Chinaski: “Oh, yeah?” Wanda: “You hate them?” Chinaski: “No, but I seem to feel better when they’re not around.” Barfly, starring Mickey Rourke
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
July 18th, 2015 at 9:52:33 AM permalink
Quote: Wino

Dear members,

I had come across the term "paired down unbalanced running count system." What is this "paired down" referring to? Is it comparing Red 7 vs. KO?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I still want to comment. lol.

I have been involved in many count 'debates or discussions', where I am a proponent of simplicity. I play Hi-lo (after trying a level 2 count for 18 months earlier in my career). But even as a proponent of simplicity, hi-lo or maybe KO or red seven is about as simple as you should go, while still maintaining enough strength for decent performance and results. Some of these counts that attempt to simplify even further (speed count as one example) really begin to compromise strength and performance.

So, while I am a proponent of simplicity, there really is a bare minimum in my mind. You have to put in SOME effort.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
July 19th, 2015 at 12:33:03 PM permalink
Quote: Wino

Pardon me for being pedantic, but I think it's "pared down", not "paired down." I only correct this because I have a feeling somebody is going to get confused by having "pairs" involved somehow.

It might have something to do with how you bet based on the current count - a pared-down system might refer to the "rookie" versus the "preferred" KO system in the book Knock-Out Blackjack.
  • Jump to: