TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
May 20th, 2015 at 9:19:28 AM permalink
3,3 vs dealer 3, that's not particularly unusual. Basic strategy only, not composition dependent. H17/3:2 6 deck shoe game.
Wound up split to 4 hands, could have split to 6 but table max is 4.

3,Q

Dealer : 3,2,A,6,7 for 19

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the RC and TC just headed the other way. I would not want to bet on any 3's in the next hand, but guess what?
I didn't bet against 3's in next hand, no 3's. Lost the next hand too.

Course I lost all four, (5) but both bets were table min ( not table max ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 20th, 2015 at 9:53:45 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

3,3 vs dealer 3, that's not particularly unusual. Basic strategy only, not composition dependent. H17/3:2 6 deck shoe game.

3,Q

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the RC and TC just headed the other way. I would not want to bet on any 3's in the next hand, but guess what?

Stop copying my type of losses and get out there and win :-)
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
May 20th, 2015 at 10:14:29 AM permalink

3,3 vs dealer 3, that's not particularly unusual.

They are not. Most splits and even soft double downs are not that useful, with a minimal gain in EV but a larger increase in variance.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the RC and TC just headed the other way.

Yep....that's the basis of card counting.

I would not want to bet on any 3's in the next hand, but guess what?

Here, you have completely lost me. What are you saying?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 20th, 2015 at 12:09:48 PM permalink

3,Q

It's all your fault! You should have stayed on the 3,5 and the dealer would have broken. That didn't take the sting out of it did it? :-)
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
May 20th, 2015 at 12:19:05 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Here, you have completely lost me. What are you saying?

Was just fluff really. There wasn't a bet I could make against '3's' in the next hand. Now someone is going to pop up and tell me, once again, that if I were smarter, was playing composition dependent, and knew all 74 index plays, and was counting, that, depending on the count, and my next two cards against the dealer's up card, there was a possibility of a truly beautiful AP play. Perhaps he/she would add, "they'd never see it coming, couldn't track it, or confront you with it". All that is way above my pay grade, sadly.

Anyway, was an interesting hand, lost all 4 of the splits, but if I'm at table min, I'm hoping to lose this hand. Does that sound weird? Is it weirder to say I'm hoping to lose the next 3 in a row, at least 2 in a row?
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
May 20th, 2015 at 3:28:23 PM permalink
...that why freebet is so popular! I agree it is really annoying to have multiple splits (usually opposite a 5 or 6), probably a few doubles in there, perhaps have one point and get wiped out. It's strange how you seem to lose more often than get a wonderful win.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
May 20th, 2015 at 4:22:57 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

It's all your fault! You should have stayed on the 3,5 and the dealer would have broken. That didn't take the sting out of it did it? :-)

Durn, I didn't even see that! I should stand on hard 8 vs Dealer 3? Perhaps only you 1BB, just you ;-)
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
May 20th, 2015 at 4:49:48 PM permalink

Durn, I didn't even see that! I should stand on hard 8 vs Dealer 3? Perhaps only you 1BB, just you ;-)

Now this is jumping around a little, that happens. I responded to KewlJ before I saw 1BB post. Either way, the 'plan' was to lose the hand. Course would be best not to split 4 ways and hope for a loss? At least there weren't any doubles lost. Of course, had there been doubling opportunities, well that would have been another ( wholly different )'hand!!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
July 5th, 2016 at 6:41:27 AM permalink
Another unusual hand, not really rare or anything, just a reminder that you will see it all if you play enough hands. A,3 vs dealer A.

A,3,10,2,5 for 21 yippee!

Dealer: A,2,A,2,K,5 for 21, Durn!

Just practice game, just now, min bet.

I'm serious now, I promise......
It's purely accident that AOS, 1BB, and KewlJ responded in this short thread previously.
  • Jump to: