Thread Rating:

Wino
Wino
  • Threads: 45
May 7th, 2015 at 4:43:49 PM permalink
I initially thought the difference in EV of the simple unbalanced Red 7 count be noticeably less than the HiLo with True Count Conversion and more index plays. I have also been confused about the comparison chart of the two systems at http://www.qfit.com/card-counting.htm which seems counter-intuitive regarding performance in more than one area of the two systems because Red 7 being an unbalanced system. I thought unbalanced systems would lead the counter to regularly over-bet and under-bet. Then I ran a simulation for the game I currently play DD, 55% pen, H17, DAS, NS, No-RSA for the two counts and the EV was pennies apart. Lower SD for HiLo by 2% in this sim and lower N0 by 1684 rounds for HiLo. Ran one for a pretty standard 6-deck shoe game 75% pen, H17 , DAS, Surrender, No RSA, Heads-up game, same big spread. I'm confused as to why the EV is lower for HiLo unless I'm doing the sim wrong.
Wanda Wilcox: “I can’t stand people. I hate them.” Chinaski: “Oh, yeah?” Wanda: “You hate them?” Chinaski: “No, but I seem to feel better when they’re not around.” Barfly, starring Mickey Rourke
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
May 11th, 2015 at 10:12:12 AM permalink
Quote: Wino

I initially thought the difference in EV of the simple unbalanced Red 7 count be noticeably less than the HiLo with True Count Conversion and more index plays. I have also been confused about the comparison chart of the two systems at http://www.qfit.com/card-counting.htm which seems counter-intuitive regarding performance in more than one area of the two systems because Red 7 being an unbalanced system. I thought unbalanced systems would lead the counter to regularly over-bet and under-bet. Then I ran a simulation for the game I currently play DD, 55% pen, H17, DAS, NS, No-RSA for the two counts and the EV was pennies apart. Lower SD for HiLo by 2% in this sim and lower N0 by 1684 rounds for HiLo. Ran one for a pretty standard 6-deck shoe game 75% pen, H17 , DAS, Surrender, No RSA, Heads-up game, same big spread. I'm confused as to why the EV is lower for HiLo unless I'm doing the sim wrong.

Look at the page you in fact posted, then look at the "strategy." They're essentially the exact same count with the 0/1 in the 7's column of Red 7. So, basically, it IS hi/low, but with baaaaarely slightly more information. Thus, I would expect it to perform almost exactly the same as Hi/Low, or pennies better. When you said they were pennies apart, was it in favor of Red 7? That would be my bet. Even so, for the pennies apart, I'd take the balanced, easier, count =).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: