Blackjack69
Blackjack69
  • Threads: 1
January 14th, 2015 at 10:59:35 AM permalink
I have built this Blackjack simulator and wanted to know your opinion on the "correctness" of the game-play.
Do you find any thing that should be different?

You will need an iPhone or an iPad to run the app.

Game rules
--------------------
One deck game, shuffling every hand.

Blackjack pays: 3 to 2
Winning Hand: 1 to 1
Late surrender: Yes
Early surrender: No
Double Down: Yes, on any two cards
Double Down after split: No
Insurance bet: 50%
Insurance pays: 2 to 1
Split Aces: Yes, only one card per hand
Dealer stands on: Soft 17
studmuffn
studmuffn
  • Threads: 3
January 14th, 2015 at 2:36:31 PM permalink
Not sure if you wanted a critique on the interface. The game looks fabulous, and I had few issues at all with the game-play or payouts in 50 hands. I split 8s against a 6, got 3 and Q on first one, then 9 on second and my cards were cleared without any decision entered for the second hand.

I got shellacked though, flat betting with WoV basic strategy (minus one mis-entry) and came out -$280, or down 14 units in 50 hands, but I just know I'll do better next time. Pace of play is somewhat slow with the screen going dark for those messages multiple times per hand. All the same, huge props for building your own simulator AND making it look good. I am almost finished with my simulator, but it's still just code (Matlab), so I can't imagine the time you've put into this.
Blackjack69
Blackjack69
  • Threads: 1
January 16th, 2015 at 5:28:53 AM permalink
Thanks for the review. About the split hand, i think that you missed the second hand message, they are presented one after another. About the pace of the game, I know that after a while the messages present some overhead, but there is no other option, as I must present the messages after all.
  • Jump to: