Hcer
  • Threads: 2
June 12th, 2010 at 3:34:06 AM permalink
If so.. At which properties?
silversonic2006
silversonic2006
  • Threads: 33
June 12th, 2010 at 5:03:56 AM permalink
Other than horrible 6:5 single deck games, the only one that I know of is at the Hilton, and that has some pretty terrible odds too. It pays 3:2, but 10/11 double restrictions, no double after split, and you can only split once (that obviously precludes resplitting aces).
Hcer
Hcer
June 12th, 2010 at 9:19:54 AM permalink
I heard even single deck games are dealt out of a shoe

I don't care about odds. The edge is easily beatable with hole card knowledge. Blackjack can pay 1:1 for all I care. If it's pitch dealt it's worth at least checking out
OneAngryDwarf
OneAngryDwarf
  • Threads: 44
June 12th, 2010 at 12:57:41 PM permalink
I know almost nothing about hole-carding, but for a change of pace, try checking out Ultimate Texas Hold'em and Texas Hold'em Bonus. Both are dealt by hand, at least in AC. I'm not sure how much of an edge knowing the dealer's cards would give you, though.
"I believe I've passed the age/of consciousness and righteous rage/I've found that just surviving was a noble fight... I once believed in causes too/I had my pointless point of view/And life went on no matter who was wrong or right..." --Billy Joel
Hcer
Hcer
June 12th, 2010 at 4:50:14 PM permalink
Quote: OneAngryDwarf

I know almost nothing about hole-carding, but for a change of pace, try checking out Ultimate Texas Hold'em and Texas Hold'em Bonus. Both are dealt by hand, at least in AC. I'm not sure how much of an edge knowing the dealer's cards would give you, though.

I looked at the stats on those games. It seems like I need full information to beat those games. Being able to say the dealer has 2 small cards isn't sufficient. Plus the Ac rules on holdem bonus make optimal play have a whopping 5% house edge and I don't even know what that strategy is. I'm not good enough to be able to definitively tell if a card is say a 7 8 9 or 10. I can determine that it's one of those cards. In blackjack that's invaluable since there's numerous situations where u can safely say the dealer has a stiff hand. In the holdem novelty games it doesn't make enough of a difference enough of the time to overcome the huge edge IMO
  • Jump to: