Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 134
April 7th, 2014 at 10:40:25 AM permalink
In the Blackjack Survey located on this site it states that the house edge for the 2D game is -.40 and I come up with -.31 If you use the starting point of the El Cortez SD game of -.19 you would calculate + .06 for RSA + .14 DAS -.32 for DD = -. 31

Am I making a mistake or omitting something in my calculations?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
April 7th, 2014 at 12:06:32 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

In the Blackjack Survey located on this site it states that the house edge for the 2D game is -.40 and I come up with -.31 If you use the starting point of the El Cortez SD game of -.19 you would calculate + .06 for RSA + .14 DAS -.32 for DD = -. 31

Try running it through the calculator on Wizard of Odds. I got 0.40374%.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
April 7th, 2014 at 12:27:27 PM permalink

Does the game use a cut card? The cut card effect will add to the house edge.

Also, adding up the values of the rules will give you something that is close, but not exact. The rules do interact with each other.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
April 7th, 2014 at 4:16:11 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Try running it through the calculator on Wizard of Odds. I got 0.40374%.

Right, I got that too. I didn't even know there was a calculator. I noticed that the _.40374 is the "Realistic Result" and that -.3267 is the "Optimal Result".
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
April 7th, 2014 at 4:17:59 PM permalink

Right, I got that too. I didn't even know there was a calculator. I noticed that the _.40374 is the "Realistic Result" and that -.3267 is the "Optimal Result".

As I said, cut card effect. The effect is significant at double deck.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
April 7th, 2014 at 4:28:50 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Does the game use a cut card? The cut card effect will add to the house edge.

Also, adding up the values of the rules will give you something that is close, but not exact. The rules do interact with each other.

Yes, a cut card would have an effect on the EV. Silverton places the CC about 51 to 52% through the two decks. Of course the pen might be 20 or so cards past the cut card if the cut card comes out early in a round that would continue to be played through.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
April 7th, 2014 at 4:39:28 PM permalink

Yes, a cut card would have an effect on the EV. Silverton places the CC about 51 to 52% through the two decks. Of course the pen might be 20 or so cards past the cut card if the cut card comes out early in a round that would continue to be played through.

50% pen? That is crap. There are better DD games with deeper penetration.

I believe that the cut card effect is stronger (worse for the player) with shallower penetration (but this is just from logical reasoning, not from simulations, so I may have made an error). I have no idea what penetration the Wizard uses when calculating his "realistic" results.

Once we are talking about hundredths of a percent, though, you have to ask yourself how precise you really need to be. A few hundredths of a percent edge will not show up in 10s of millions of hands.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
April 7th, 2014 at 4:52:16 PM permalink

We're talking about the cut card effect, not where the cut card is placed. Go back to the house edge calculator to find a short explanation at the bottom of the page.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
April 7th, 2014 at 8:39:34 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

50% pen? That is crap. There are better DD games with deeper penetration.

I believe that the cut card effect is stronger (worse for the player) with shallower penetration (but this is just from logical reasoning, not from simulations, so I may have made an error). I have no idea what penetration the Wizard uses when calculating his "realistic" results.

Once we are talking about hundredths of a percent, though, you have to ask yourself how precise you really need to be. A few hundredths of a percent edge will not show up in 10s of millions of hands.

I know it's not good. And I know you can't make any money at this game. But $50 added incentive and easy room comps and discretionary comps have to be added into the equation. I know where to find 80 to 85% pen;)
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
April 7th, 2014 at 9:00:09 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

We're talking about the cut card effect, not where the cut card is placed. Go back to the house edge calculator to find a short explanation at the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure I understand. I'm a counter, so I would assume that my EV is better than the Optimal Result which uses basic strategy. The deeper the deal the greater my advantage, on average.

• Jump to: