AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19845
December 17th, 2013 at 12:10:24 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Haha...I meant telling her at the casino & then going to a restaurant for a bite. I like your take better though. ;)

I tell my GF them jokes all the time, she laughs. since she dose do the dishes by hand. Every few 6 months I'll mix the wording up a bit and casually say, I think, I need to get a new dishwasher, She looks at me and basically says Why, you don't do the dishes? or something like that. I smirk and say, I know, you're just not working out. She will say, Go for it. She can do our laundry to or something smart ass. She especially liked that: What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes..............Nothing you already told her twice.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2172
December 17th, 2013 at 12:23:22 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Ahh.. your correct. I guess I was confused since your story changed.

Let me rephrase my question: WHY all the signaling when to hit or stand? Why not just sit next to her and tell her what to do?

I would love to know what signals you could possibly use that were undetectable by the casino, yet a seemingly a un-experienced or even an expert Black Jack player would not get confused with often. It would seem more complicated to properly learn how to read casino undetectable signals over just learning counting and strategy changes for ones self.



No card counter would verbally tell his girlfriend when and how to deviate from basic strategy. The correlation between the deviation and the count would be obvious. But I could not teach her the indices and tables; it's many times harder to teach someone that than it is to learn basic strategy. And few people are willing to put in all the work to gain an approximately 1 percent or so advantage. Regarding signals, you only have to learn two. Before she bets you signal to raise or lower the bet (two signals). Then, before she makes her decision there's NO signal if she's to play basic strategy, and a signal (any of the two signals she already knows would do) if she's to deviate from basic strategy ( ie., hit if you would normally stand, stand when you would normally hit, double if you would normally hit, hit if you would normally double, split if you would normally not split, don't split when you would normally split, insure when you normally wouldn't). This is not as hard as it seems after you try it for a while. As far as my signals go I'd prefer no to be specific, but there are endless possibilities. You could start a sentence with a vowel just before one makes their decision ( if they're to deviate). "I'd like to get a drink." "Are you hungry yet?" Or my hand might be closer to my chips than 5 inches. That's pretty easy to not confuse. None of the touch your nose, stroke your hair hold your cigarette in your left hand stuff.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4299
December 17th, 2013 at 12:42:34 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Ahh.. your correct. I guess I was confused since your story changed.

Let me rephrase my question: WHY all the signaling when to hit or stand? Why not just sit next to her and tell her what to do?

I would love to know what signals you could possibly use that were undetectable by the casino, yet a seemingly a un-experienced or even an expert Black Jack player would not get confused with often. It would seem more complicated to properly learn how to read casino undetectable signals over just learning counting and strategy changes for ones self.


It was part of his act. He wanted her to make the correct index play but not indicate that he was instructing her. Hence the "NO!" as she's hitting, even though he told her to.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
December 17th, 2013 at 1:11:25 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

It was part of his act. He wanted her to make the correct index play but not indicate that he was instructing her. Hence the "NO!" as she's hitting, even though he told her to.



I still don't understand why you are still playing at -6TC. You could go over to the 6:5 sucker table and do better off the top.

Bathroom break? Phone call? Asthma attack? The possibilities are endless.
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
Joined: Jul 14, 2013
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 413
December 17th, 2013 at 1:23:50 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I still don't understand why you are still playing at -6TC. You could go over to the 6:5 sucker table and do better off the top.

Bathroom break? Phone call? Asthma attack? The possibilities are endless.



Bathroom break- check.

Phone call- check.

Asthma attack- will soon add this one to my tool box. Thanks.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
December 17th, 2013 at 1:27:18 PM permalink
To quote Bart Simpson:

Ohhhh! My ovaries!
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
December 17th, 2013 at 1:31:31 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Dont know why, but that reminded me of that joke: What do you do if your dishwasher stops working?.................................. Punch her.



Ouch! How do you know your wife is dead? The sex is the same but the dishes start piling up.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
Joined: Jul 14, 2013
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 413
December 17th, 2013 at 1:41:04 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Ouch! How do you know your wife is dead? The sex is the same but the dishes start piling up.



I haven't spoke to my wife in years. I don't want to interrupt her.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2172
December 17th, 2013 at 1:54:38 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I still don't understand why you are still playing at -6TC. You could go over to the 6:5 sucker table and do better off the top.

Bathroom break? Phone call? Asthma attack? The possibilities are endless.



I have occasionally stood up and backed away from the table to take a phantom cell phone call, but in SD and DD I usually don't do that, the negative stretches don't last nearly as long as they might in a shoe game. I also don't Wong. I woudn't play the game if I had to Wong-In if the TC is plus one or so, and besides, very few places will let you Wong-In in a DD or SD game. Plus, Wonging-Out or -in would stick out. Also, in SD the count can change a lot in just a few moments. You could be sitting in fourth position, start the hand at 0, and it could go to -6TC before you make your decision.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
December 17th, 2013 at 2:06:28 PM permalink
I understand not Wonging-in (if they don't let you, or if you don't think you can back-count non-obviously) but I think that not leaving at a -6 TC is a big mistake. Sure, it MIGHT turn around, but it also might not. Note that the TC does not tend to revert to 0 as you deal more cards (the RC does but not the TC -- re-read BJ Attack if you don't believe me!) so if you start a hand at -6TC, the expected starting TC for the next hand (and every subsequent hand until the shuffle) is also -6. Therefore, no reason to stay -- you are playing the rest of the shoe/deck at an expected 3% disadvantage (over and above the house edge off-the-top). You are (literally) better off sitting at a 6:5 table, reasoning that, well, the count might go up to +6 before the next hand.

Remember that everyone (ploppie or AP) needs to use the bathroom sometimes. I think that cutting your bet way back is actually MORE suspicious-looking than going to the bathroom.

  • Jump to: