rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
February 15th, 2021 at 2:18:03 PM permalink
Any reason not to use a phone app for Win/loss? I remember advice on the IRS liking contemporaneous records handwritten. Is such advice outdated? (hopefully)

Hadn't done enough gambling since I left Vegas for years now so wasn't a consideration until recently.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 15th, 2021 at 3:31:49 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Any reason not to use a phone app for Win/loss? I remember advice on the IRS liking contemporaneous records handwritten. Is such advice outdated? (hopefully)

Hadn't done enough gambling since I left Vegas for years now so wasn't a consideration until recently.

The key with contemporaneous is proving that it was recorded on the date of play. What I used to do was keep it on my notepad on my phone and then email it to myself every day that it changed. The email will provide a date stamp and then you can flood the IRS with all of the emails if audited.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
February 15th, 2021 at 5:56:47 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

The key with contemporaneous is proving that it was recorded on the date of play. What I used to do was keep it on my notepad on my phone and then email it to myself every day that it changed. The email will provide a date stamp and then you can flood the IRS with all of the emails if audited.

Oh, excellent!
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: