Thread Rating:

Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
June 13th, 2013 at 9:21:34 PM permalink
OK, so, two days in AC. First day was awful. Cards were terrible. Played UTH at Caesars, every single 4X hand was Q-8 or K-6, so it seemed. I dropped through $300 in about 45 minutes, betting 10. Blackjack stunk. I played the $5 WoF at Borgata (payed back almost 95% over the last year) and hit a couple smallies, but nothing worth considering ATM territory, and wound up losing about another $400 there, and another couple hundred at the 3 Card table at Borgata.

Today we dropped the kids (daughter and her boyfriend) off at the outlet malls and went to Revel. (Half of Revel is now smoking, but you wouldn't know it; there was no one there.) Mrs was playing some penny slot, and I sat down next to her and lost a quick $100, and I was PISSED. So I went to the $1 WoF, the one where you play 5 lines, and after about 20 minuts, hit this:

BOOM.

That changed my mood real quick, yes it did.

Mrs hit for a couple hundred, too, and then she wanted to play the Wizard machines (I hate those) and on the way over there was the Double Dinosaur machine that I really like. I stuck a hundred in, but because I didn't want to lose too much of what I'd won, I was only playing the middle sized bet. On the third spin,

So, that was cool, too. I actually won a couple more middling jackpots, and cashed out at $700.

We went back to Caesars, where I lost again while playing the games that were supposed to be good. I dropped another $200 at UTH. Then we headed over to Harrah's for dinner, back to Borgata for the burlesque show (75 minutes, pretty good for a comped event). I wanted to get a little more gaming in, so I ran another hundred through the $5 WoF and cashed out $295... sat at Let it Ride for an hour and hit a 3 card straight flush on the top with a 5 card flush on the bottom, bought in for $300, cashed out $900 (didn't want to chase that last $100, that's never worked out well for me)... and sat at a 50 cent WoF and hit another $100.

I dunno. I know what happens with everything in the long run, but I still like that short run!
A falling knife has no handle.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
June 13th, 2013 at 9:42:29 PM permalink
Nice hits!! But wtf is up with the $2.67 wager...haha
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 13th, 2013 at 9:50:35 PM permalink
Seriously, $2.67? 2/3 of a $4 max, maybe?

Great hits! I hope you left some luck behind - I'm in AC until Sunday.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 14th, 2013 at 2:36:55 AM permalink
THOMAS, your session is active. Lol!
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Mosca
Mosca
June 14th, 2013 at 4:06:51 AM permalink
Yeah, I don't get that, either. Top bet is 455. They're not even multiples. I don't know the other three. That machine is streaky. Sometimes it's a thief, sometimes it's an ATM.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
June 14th, 2013 at 11:38:54 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Yeah, I don't get that, either. Top bet is 455. They're not even multiples. I don't know the other three. That machine is streaky. Sometimes it's a thief, sometimes it's an ATM.

Sounds like the typical modern slot to me. But it's a bit funny you say it's streaky, because the media sheet says "Volatility: Low". I have played this game a couple of times in Vegas; never got anywhere, but I barely have played the game for 10 minutes total. I don't remember having to bet some dumb number of lines though. :D

Also: "Target Player
• Low-denomination male players who prefer
video slots, like to try new games, and are
looking for an entertaining experience"

http://media.igt.com/marketing/PromotionalLiterature/GamePromoLit_1B072-20020.pdf
Mosca
Mosca
June 14th, 2013 at 12:20:01 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Sounds like the typical modern slot to me. But it's a bit funny you say it's streaky, because the media sheet says "Volatility: Low". I have played this game a couple of times in Vegas; never got anywhere, but I barely have played the game for 10 minutes total. I don't remember having to bet some dumb number of lines though. :D

Also: "Target Player
• Low-denomination male players who prefer
video slots, like to try new games, and are
looking for an entertaining experience"

http://media.igt.com/marketing/PromotionalLiterature/GamePromoLit_1B072-20020.pdf

That is very interesting. I've played it four times. Twice I've hit it huge, and twice I've lost all my money without hitting hardly anything! Considering I have no doubt about the information you've provided, that makes my results all the more fascinating, I think.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
June 14th, 2013 at 12:48:04 PM permalink
Did Revel offer you anything for your play?
Mosca
Mosca
June 14th, 2013 at 2:14:29 PM permalink
We were offered one free weeknight room each in June, and two rooms each in July. We get two rooms each every month at Borgata, we had about $160 in meal comps, and they gave us 4 free tickets to the burlesque show, which was a pretty decent show for the price. Being on the boardwalk side of town is nice, but in AC, Borgata is our favorite, location being outweighed by all the other positives.
  • Jump to: