MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 10:02:21 AM permalink
Hi there!

New here.. just registered as you can see. Straight to the point.. any one has experience of meeting psychics able to predict coming number at the roulette table?

What would you say if someone would claim to be able to do that?
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11554
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
May 7th, 2020 at 10:09:21 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

Hi there!

New here.. just registered as you can see. Straight to the point.. any one has experience of meeting psychics able to predict coming number at the roulette table?

What would you say if someone would claim to be able to do that?



I forget which famous person said it (Einstein maybe?) That proof there is no psychics in the world is Roulette. The game would have been beaten a long time ago if otherwise
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 10:14:07 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I forget which famous person said it (Einstein maybe?) That proof there is no psychics in the world is Roulette. The game would have been beaten a long time ago if otherwise



I ve heard that but still any one has any experience "face to face", maybe someone whitnesed something like that while playing?

Also casino would not be beaten, but would simply black listed person from entering.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 1797
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
May 7th, 2020 at 10:22:20 AM permalink
I have never met anyone in real life who could do that or claimed to.

Are you trying to say psychic or physicist? (Meaning one claims to predict based on the supernatural, one claims to predict by some methodology).
I saw a documentary some years ago physics students developing some wearable computer that can somehow measure the ball in real time and calculate the approximate location of where it can land. I think it happened in the 70s. I think they got arrested for using a device to assist with betting. I am sure there are others who we do not know of.

If a psychic can predict the outcome every time, they should be a millionaire and there is no way they would tell you (anyone who claims to be able to predict is usually trying to sell you something)....


This episode by Derren Brown where he trains to predict the exact number the roulette ball will land on and bets 5k of a viewers money on a single number. The episode goes through his weeks of training to get the skill right and what he used to practice. :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNzvpFcJXU4



He loses, off by one number and has to reimburse the man his 5k


Derren Brown is a showman and magician who often uses a science spin on his shows, take every episode take with a grain of salt, because he uses theatrics. But, this episode I still found interesting. Not sure I fully believe it, he self-inflates his own skillset a lot.
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 10:35:45 AM permalink
Hi Gandler,

thank you for reply!

I am referring to psychic as in supernatural ability. And someone who could do it every time would definitely be billionaire.. but someone who would be able to do it only say once a day? few times a month? being reasonable with claims lol
Some books about technics for remote viewing, or lucid dreaming, astral projection.. and other of a "kind" offering ways to look for information "out there".


As to "machines", there was case few years back some Eastern european guys won loads at Londons casino using some laser device of sort. All of them got arrested, but then released and court actually allowed them to keep money as casinos policy did not mention not to use any lasers to win lol
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2428
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
May 7th, 2020 at 10:44:56 AM permalink
One major misconception about psychics who play roulette is that we can predict every number correctly. We can't. Usually not even half of them. In trials of 10,000 spins on the roulette wheel I am usually able to correctly predict 270 or more numbers correctly, with each one paying 36-for-1. That means betting $100 on each of those correct picks would result in winning $945,000. Unlike the scammers, my results are repeatable and I offer money back guarantees on my predictions.
Last edited by: TomG on May 7, 2020
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 10:51:23 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

On major misconception about psychics who play roulette is that we can predict every number correctly. We can't. Usually not even half of them. In trials of 10,000 spins on the roulette wheel I am usually able to correctly predict 270 or more numbers correctly, with each one paying 36-for-1. That means betting $100 on each of those correct picks would result in winning $945,000. Unlike the scammers, my results are repeatable and I offer money back guarantees on my predictions.



Sounds like something.. a like most I am reasonable with expectations.

But how do know its the number to bet on 100? if you play every spin 100 you need million dollars bank.. :) and if you have a million. why gamble ..:)

I assume you are a psychic person? If I may ask, how do you do it? predics through visions? dreams? hear voices? etc?
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 7484
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
May 7th, 2020 at 10:56:50 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

Hi there!

New here.. just registered as you can see. Straight to the point.. any one has experience of meeting psychics able to predict coming number at the roulette table?

Hi and welcome to the forum. You won't find many members here that will give credence to psychics.
Quote:

What would you say if someone would claim to be able to do that?

I'd tell them to talk to the hand....
No Actually, I'd recommend they sell and mortgage all their possessions and invest the proceeds in the psychic's predictions. It might prove a valuable, if expensive, life lesson.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 1797
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
Thanked by
MRX
May 7th, 2020 at 10:58:51 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

Hi Gandler,

thank you for reply!

I am referring to psychic as in supernatural ability. And someone who could do it every time would definitely be billionaire.. but someone who would be able to do it only say once a day? few times a month? being reasonable with claims lol
Some books about technics for remote viewing, or lucid dreaming, astral projection.. and other of a "kind" offering ways to look for information "out there".



I don't want to tread into the grounds of politics or religion (which is where this is going)..
So I will just say this : I went through a brief stint where I was into new age mysticism and read many of those books. Total nonsense.

I have a cousin who is a professional astrologer. Very good apparently, gets hired by lots of events, lots of very wealthy individuals (and even governments). He actually believes (not a scammer, I think he is wrong, but he believes in his abilities). He also is into lucid dreaming and astral projection. I have been to the casino several times with him. He plays roulette. I have never seen him profit on roulette (regardless of his "luck transits" that night). (to be fair to him he does not give gambling advice or claim to, he just likes to play occasionally). I think he is wrong in his beliefs, but as far as mysticism goes he is by far the best educated and successful person I personally know in that sort of field, and if he can't do it, well....
Again, total nonsense in my view, if you believe it I am not trying to insult you, but don't risk money on it, because you will lose money.

If anyone is trying to sell you a betting system based on those principles, run from them.
Don't waste your money on remote viewing books. Take that 45 dollars the book would cost, and put in on any random number, the result will be the same......
That is just my view, again if you are a true believer I do not mean to offend you....
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2428
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
May 7th, 2020 at 11:01:34 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

But how do know its the number to bet on 100?



It's psychic.

Quote: MRX

if you play every spin 100 you need million dollars bank.. :) and if you have a million. why gamble ..:)



I gamble, because that's how I got that million dollars. Now it's on to $2 million.

Quote: MRX

I assume you are a psychic person? If I may ask, how do you do it? predics through visions? dreams? hear voices? etc?



Like most any skill, it is a lot of practice.
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 11:04:46 AM permalink
interesting, I dont really believe in books offering to teach you those ways so to say, as non of authors can perform what they teach..

As to your cousin, if he is good at Astrology, that his field but its different from clairvoyance, predicting future events he is probably estimated best time for something according to planets positions, but he cant see numbers by the position of Mars :)

I dont believe in people who claim they can do it all, predict and heal and remote view and what not.
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 11:06:59 AM permalink
"Like most any skill, it is a lot of practice." but what ur way? if I may ask..? as ther are diferent ways to predict, from Tarot spreads to dreaming things or gasing in to water/crystal ball etc
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 7484
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
May 7th, 2020 at 11:11:32 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

I assume you are a psychic person? If I may ask, how do you do it? predics through visions? dreams? hear voices? etc?

You presume too much. More reasonable to assume he was pulling your leg. Do the maths: He was indeed telling you that his skill would, on average 'predict' correctly one time in 37.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 1797
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
May 7th, 2020 at 11:17:43 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

interesting, I dont really believe in books offering to teach you those ways so to say, as non of authors can perform what they teach..

As to your cousin, if he is good at Astrology, that his field but its different from clairvoyance, predicting future events he is probably estimated best time for something according to planets positions, but he cant see numbers by the position of Mars :)

I dont believe in people who claim they can do it all, predict and heal and remote view and what not.



I don't know enough about astrology to say. I know there are different transits (levels of luck in various activities ) that allegedly influence how well you will do at something. Again I don't believe it. But, if you have very high luck transits and there are other indicators like likelihood of gain you would think you would do well gambling in those conditions. But, no, like I said, he makes no claims to predicting the outcome of any spin or even how well you will do gambling. I just used that example because he is the person I most closely know who I know is a genuine believer (thinks he is doing good, not out to scam people), in that type of field.

I don't know anyone who claims clairvoyancey or can predict the future through visions. If they could, hopefully they have bigger issues to work on for society than helping people win at roulette......
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
May 7th, 2020 at 11:20:09 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

Hi there!

New here.. just registered as you can see. Straight to the point.. any one has experience of meeting psychics able to predict coming number at the roulette table?

What would you say if someone would claim to be able to do that?

What is your cut for sharing your magnificient power with me? Do you think maybe you should get very little since using your power for personal gain might backfire?
I am a robot.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2428
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
Thanked by
MRX
May 7th, 2020 at 11:28:54 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

"Like most any skill, it is a lot of practice." but what ur way? if I may ask..? as ther are diferent ways to predict, from Tarot spreads to dreaming things or gasing in to water/crystal ball etc



I try everything and whenever I gather sufficient evidence that a psychic strategy works I keep it and modify it and combine it with other successful psychic strategies. If it doesn't work, I don't use it.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
MRX
May 7th, 2020 at 11:35:40 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

What is your cut for sharing your magnificient power with me? Do you think maybe you should get very little since using your power for personal gain might backfire?



I've never understood that school of thought. Pro athletes use their power for personal gain, opera singers do, Mr. Wizard uses his abilities for personal gain. Why shouldn't anyone use a gift just because not everyone received it?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 11:51:55 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

You presume too much. More reasonable to assume he was pulling your leg. Do the maths: He was indeed telling you that his skill would, on average 'predict' correctly one time in 37.


didnt think of it :) I am bad with math I guess :)
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 11:53:14 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

I don't know enough about astrology to say. I know there are different transits (levels of luck in various activities ) that allegedly influence how well you will do at something. Again I don't believe it. But, if you have very high luck transits and there are other indicators like likelihood of gain you would think you would do well gambling in those conditions. But, no, like I said, he makes no claims to predicting the outcome of any spin or even how well you will do gambling. I just used that example because he is the person I most closely know who I know is a genuine believer (thinks he is doing good, not out to scam people), in that type of field.

I don't know anyone who claims clairvoyancey or can predict the future through visions. If they could, hopefully they have bigger issues to work on for society than helping people win at roulette......



Thank u for reply and input! Appreciated (to be taken seriously)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28883
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
Thanked by
onenickelmiracleMRX
May 7th, 2020 at 12:05:41 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I forget which famous person said it (Einstein maybe?) That proof there is no psychics in the world is Roulette. The game would have been beaten a long time ago if otherwise



The opening scene in Next, a movie
about time travel, has Nic Cage
beating BJ because he can
see 2 min into the future. It's a
very entertaining first 10 min in
the movie. I bet I've seen that
movie 5 times.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 12:06:33 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

What is your cut for sharing your magnificent power with me? Do you think maybe you should get very little since using your power for personal gain might backfire?



I agree and disagree on it. Taking money from casino who rips off millions of people a year I dont think there is any good verses bad dilema of ethics

I've heard it many times, not to use for personal gain thing... If you given gift why not to use it to have a good life and to help others financially cause you can? Ok lets drop casino, say you psychic so you have to work 8-5 all day and then for free help others? I believe its better you charge for your service and do it good professionally. Before psychic in vilages would get paid by whats offered, like sack of potatos or grains or eggs.. I find it hard to believe this days psychic would be able to live same way, you cant pay your bills by eggs or potatos..

Its a lose lose way of thinking I guess. You work for free people will say, if you good why not to make living of it ( charge people or win in casino :)), and if you gain money you will be accused of personal gain. You cant live on thank you and on whats offered this days, doesnt matter how good you are at what you do. Unless you charge/have price, no one will offer you to pay, people will assume you dont need money if you dont ask for it.

Its a tricky thing really.
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 7th, 2020 at 12:09:07 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've never understood that school of thought. Pro athletes use their power for personal gain, opera singers do, Mr. Wizard uses his abilities for personal gain. Why shouldn't anyone use a gift just because not everyone received it?



My thoughts exactly, why not? To do what you can do best, make money of it, have good life and help others when you can. Gifts given to use them otherwise "you would not get it"
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 767
Joined: Jun 5, 2019
May 7th, 2020 at 4:54:08 PM permalink
I suggest anyone who thinks this is remotely possible ("remotely" -- that's a joke, get it, as in "remote viewing?") read James Randi's FlimFlam and go from there.

Debunking paranormal is a hobby of mine, but I sure wouldn't waste time on a roulette dude. If anybody wants to bet him, dig up your own roulette wheel, make him a bet he can't do a couple standard deviations above chance, and have at it.

Now the problem (I'm a stickler for details) is whether the dude is displaying precognition or telekinesis. So you've gotta discern if he is picking the numbers well in advance without being on site with the wheel (precognition) or whether he is telekinetically affecting the spins while on site, or both. Now both would be tricky to test.

I'm sure the mods are impressed by my sophistication, eh?

Of course, you have to also make sure he isn't using telekinesis to affect the neurons in your brain to influence what you think that you see as opposed to the roulette ball itself. One would think affecting neurons would require less telekinetic brute force, but maybe it's so delicate, it's easier to affect the wheel.

I'm just getting started, but you get the picture, eh?

Good luck with that.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
Thanked by
MRX
May 7th, 2020 at 5:17:54 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

I suggest anyone who thinks this is remotely possible ("remotely" -- that's a joke, get it, as in "remote viewing?") read James Randi's FlimFlam and go from there.

Debunking paranormal is a hobby of mine, but I sure wouldn't waste time on a roulette dude. If anybody wants to bet him, dig up your own roulette wheel, make him a bet he can't do a couple standard deviations above chance, and have at it.

Now the problem (I'm a stickler for details) is whether the dude is displaying precognition or telekinesis. So you've gotta discern if he is picking the numbers well in advance without being on site with the wheel (precognition) or whether he is telekinetically affecting the spins while on site, or both. Now both would be tricky to test.

I'm sure the mods are impressed by my sophistication, eh?

Of course, you have to also make sure he isn't using telekinesis to affect the neurons in your brain to influence what you think that you see as opposed to the roulette ball itself. One would think affecting neurons would require less telekinetic brute force, but maybe it's so delicate, it's easier to affect the wheel.

I'm just getting started, but you get the picture, eh?

Good luck with that.

I am a robot.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22294
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Thanked by
Minty
May 7th, 2020 at 6:35:25 PM permalink
Quote: MRX

didnt think of it :) I am bad with math I guess :)

You Ken try to predict roulette numbers successfully.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 536
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
May 8th, 2020 at 1:22:45 AM permalink
You'd be better off trying to find successful physicists than psychics.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
standbymyman
standbymyman
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 182
Joined: Feb 13, 2015
May 8th, 2020 at 7:52:39 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

Hi there!

New here.. just registered as you can see. Straight to the point.. any one has experience of meeting psychics able to predict coming number at the roulette table?

What would you say if someone would claim to be able to do that?




Go to the end of the very, very long line.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
  • Posts: 9622
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
Thanked by
MRX
May 8th, 2020 at 8:21:42 AM permalink
If someone was to say he discounted completely the idea that there is a sixth sense or asserted that all psychics in the world were fake, I'd say that person has a closed mind.

If he said he needs convincing evidence is all, well, OK

If he* said the idea that a psychic could have a vision or something that emanated from an inanimate object like a roulette ball, that's a concept that is really out there ~ far enough out there to just dismiss and not legitimately be accused of having a closed mind. If the psychic could pick out a player who was on track to win, though still needing a lot of evidence at least we are no longer talking about inanimate objects.

*that would be me dismissing this btw
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 8th, 2020 at 10:54:48 AM permalink
telekinesis is different thing/powers. I am interested more in psychic abilities to foresee future. predict things. I believe it is possible. Asking around maybe someone out there or someone would be looking to team up lol

Well Ive seen it, and know alot about Randy and his challenge that now for years has been closed. I believe the guy from sceptic just turned in to dismissive scinic..
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 8th, 2020 at 10:59:03 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

You'd be better off trying to find successful physicists than psychics.



finding physicists is not a problem, problem to find psychics..:P Or evidence of one ability
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22294
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
May 8th, 2020 at 3:07:04 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

If someone was to say he discounted completely the idea that there is a sixth sense or asserted that all psychics in the world were fake, I'd say that person has a closed mind.

Call me close minded then.

It's all complete bunk as far as I'm concerned. With 7 billion people in the world coincidence and strange things are going to happen that can't be explained(there's a logical explanation we just don't know what that explanation is), sometimes it's simply just pure coincidence or completely fake in the first place.

Someone has a premonition exactly how, when, where and why their loved one is going to die, and it happens. That doesn't mean they have psychic abilities, it just means there's millions of people thinking about that s*** and eventually it happens exactly like they thought it would.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 94
  • Posts: 1707
Joined: Oct 20, 2013
Thanked by
MRX
May 8th, 2020 at 4:27:48 PM permalink
I started to get "visions" when I was 17 or 18 and they stopped occurring when I was around 23-24. Usually they were of little financial benefit to me, as in I would "see" what would happen "just before it actually happened" (see examples).

Example 1: I would "see" the horses finishing a race (including saddle cloth number, color of the jockey silks etc), when the race was pretty much on or just after start time.

Example 2: With a game of roulette, I would "see" which number the ball would land on just after "no more bets".

Note: If i was with friends when I had a "vision", I would bet them $10 or $20 that XYZ would happen, and XYZ happened every time i did this***.

***: My EV was "very negative" on paper for these bets since I was offering "even money", but I always managed to win the bet (after 6 in a row my friends stopped betting with me, because they thought I must be cheating, or something).

Note 2: For one of them I managed to have the "vision" early enough to get a bet on with the TAB (Tote), and I won about $15,000 for a $20 trifecta (only had $20 on me at the time).

Note 3: One time I "saw" all the numbers in order for a game of Oz Lotto, about 5 minutes before the draw had been televised.

---
Lastly, I, was tossing up whether to post this, because I think my "cred" is going down with all or nearly all the members on this site.

Spelling etc not checked
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
  • Posts: 9622
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
Thanked by
OnceDearksdjdj
May 8th, 2020 at 5:39:10 PM permalink
Quote: ksdjdj

Lastly, I, was tossing up whether to post this, because I think my "cred" is going down with all or nearly all the members on this site.

Yep, I have to think

something tells me you are sincere; as a doubter, I wonder if confirmation bias is involved here. That's an insulting thing to say, I know, but you have to expect to get really blasted for what you said. There's a real realm of possibilities, though, least likely of which being that you really could see the future, it would seem to me.

Interesting because of the apparent sincerity though
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22294
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
May 8th, 2020 at 6:35:38 PM permalink
Quote: ksdjdj

I started to get "visions" when I was 17 or 18 and they stopped occurring when I was around 23-24. Usually they were of little financial benefit to me, as in I would "see" what would happen "just before it actually happened" (see examples).

Example 1: I would "see" the horses finishing a race (including saddle cloth number, color of the jockey silks etc), when the race was pretty much on or just after start time.

Example 2: With a game of roulette, I would "see" which number the ball would land on just after "no more bets".

Note: If i was with friends when I had a "vision", I would bet them $10 or $20 that XYZ would happen, and XYZ happened every time i did this***.

***: My EV was "very negative" on paper for these bets since I was offering "even money", but I always managed to win the bet (after 6 in a row my friends stopped betting with me, because they thought I must be cheating, or something).

Note 2: For one of them I managed to have the "vision" early enough to get a bet on with the TAB (Tote), and I won about $15,000 for a $20 trifecta (only had $20 on me at the time).

Note 3: One time I "saw" all the numbers in order for a game of Oz Lotto, about 5 minutes before the draw had been televised.

---
Lastly, I, was tossing up whether to post this, because I think my "cred" is going down with all or nearly all the members on this site.

Spelling etc not checked

And what happened at the age of 24 that made all the stuff go away?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28883
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
Thanked by
AxelWolf
May 9th, 2020 at 12:03:53 AM permalink
Quote:

Quote: odiousgambit
If someone was to say he discounted completely the idea that there is a sixth sense or asserted that all psychics in the world were fake, I'd say that person has a closed mind.



Houdini offered $25,000 to anybody
who could prove they were psychic
or that the supernatural exists. He
died with his money. The Amazing
Randi has made the same offer
for decades, only it's a million dollars.
He's had over 700 takers and he still
has the million bucks.

There might be random occurrences,
a glitch in the universe. But nothing
that's repeatable under a scientific
test.

It's a fact that when they started giving
exact times of death of soldiers in WWII,
mothers and wives came out of the
woodwork claiming they knew their
son/ husband had died at that time
because they had a vision/premonition/
experience that was undeniable. So there
is a connection we don't yet understand.
But will eventually.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 9th, 2020 at 1:18:20 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Houdini offered $25,000 to anybody
who could prove they were psychic
or that the supernatural exists. He
died with his money. The Amazing
Randi has made the same offer
for decades, only it's a million dollars.
He's had over 700 takers and he still
has the million bucks.

There might be random occurrences,
a glitch in the universe. But nothing
that's repeatable under a scientific
test.

It's a fact that when they started giving
exact times of death of soldiers in WWII,
mothers and wives came out of the
woodwork claiming they knew their
son/ husband had died at that time
because they had a vision/premonition/
experience that was undeniable. So there
is a connection we don't yet understand.
But will eventually.



Rendi stopped million dollar challenge few years back. For decades his organisation lived on interest from money and selling murch and organising TAM's. The problem with him in my view that he turned in to dismissive cynic from just a sceptic.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28883
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
May 9th, 2020 at 9:13:27 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

The problem with him in my view that he turned in to dismissive cynic from just a sceptic.



The truth will do that to you if
you keep exposing it long enough.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22294
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
May 9th, 2020 at 12:30:40 PM permalink
Quote: MRX

Rendi stopped million dollar challenge few years back. For decades his organisation lived on interest from money and selling murch and organising TAM's. The problem with him in my view that he turned in to dismissive cynic from just a sceptic.

why is that a problem? Some people move on and do other things.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22294
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
May 9th, 2020 at 12:36:56 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The truth will do that to you if
you keep exposing it long enough.

Never mind the money. There has been a billion people + living on this planet over the last 200 years yet not one iota of proof has ever surfaced.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
May 9th, 2020 at 12:37:27 PM permalink
It's a no-lose challenge.
Anyone who needs the money obviously is a fraud, and anyone who might be real doesn't need the money.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22294
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
May 9th, 2020 at 12:46:56 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

It's a no-lose challenge.
Anyone who needs the money obviously is a fraud, and anyone who might be real doesn't need the money.

it's a no-lose challenge because he can't lose. Certainly there were other benefits to offering the challenge.

Just disregard the challenge, how come no proof has ever surfaced? There's a logical answer.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28883
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
May 9th, 2020 at 2:34:40 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

how come no proof has ever surfaced? There's a logical answer.



Ever watch the Ghost Hunter show?
Have they ever verified even one
ghost?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2428
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
May 9th, 2020 at 2:56:46 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

If someone was to say he discounted completely the idea that there is a sixth sense or asserted that all psychics in the world were fake, I'd say that person has a closed mind.

If he said he needs convincing evidence is all, well, OK



If someone had an open mind to the idea that psychic abilities could be real, they should pay for my psychic services since they come with a money back guarantee.
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 10th, 2020 at 1:27:47 AM permalink
for someone it could be not for the money but to show that it is possible, but for that every reasonable person would expect fair chance and Randys million came with strings so to say. And i am not talking about performing million to 1 odds but other not exactly fair conditions in my view in addition to the pressure person would have from start considered as fraud and fake. It would be fair if say who ever claim ability could perform it and then asked to repeat it few times under different conditions.. but that not how it was there, 1 test judges it all. Even the best piano player in the world has good and bad playing. Anyways, its closed and not because there was no one wishing to prove that its real.. They would expect you to perform it 1 time perfect score, no one but performer and Randys representatives to be present and other pressure points
Last edited by: MRX on May 10, 2020
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22294
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
May 10th, 2020 at 6:00:33 AM permalink
Quote: MRX

for someone it could be not for the money but to show that it is possible, but for that every reasonable person would expect fair chance and Randys million came with strings so to say. And i am not talking about performing million to 1 odds but other not exactly fair conditions in my view in addition to the pressure person would have from start considered as fraud and fake. It would be fair if say who ever claim ability could perform it and then asked to repeat it few times under different conditions.. but that not how it was there, 1 test judges it all. Even the best piano player in the world has good and bad playing. Anyways, its closed and not because there was no one wishing to prove that its real.. They would expect you to perform it 1 time perfect score, no one but performer and Randys representatives to be present and other pressure points

I guess Randy was the only person in the world to turn to when you wanted to prove your special abilities? If you have some special abilities please just send me a private message and I'll teach you how to make way more than a million dollars.

I guess I'm forgetting the law of special abilities. They only work when no one else is around.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 10th, 2020 at 7:44:36 AM permalink
great, teach me how to make millions.:) what special ability requeired ?

And no they also work when someone around, as long as there are proper condition for it and not expected to perform at any conditions anytime any place with 100%.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
MRX
May 10th, 2020 at 8:34:03 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I guess Randy was the only person in the world to turn to when you wanted to prove your special abilities? If you have some special abilities please just send me a private message and I'll teach you how to make way more than a million dollars.

I guess I'm forgetting the law of special abilities. They only work when no one else is around.



First rule of fight club is not to discuss fight club. The mind is like a parachute. Dead weight until one opens it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 767
Joined: Jun 5, 2019
May 10th, 2020 at 10:26:03 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I guess Randy was the only person in the world to turn to when you wanted to prove your special abilities? If you have some special abilities please just send me a private message and I'll teach you how to make way more than a million dollars.

I guess I'm forgetting the law of special abilities. They only work when no one else is around.




Don't forget "the shyness effect." When someone has been tagged due to previous testing as having abilities, those abilities seem to disappear once they have been recognized.

Now some might call this reversion to the mean, but they aren't psychic.

LOL Note: Also happens to most touts and great lovers.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22294
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Thanked by
Forager
May 10th, 2020 at 12:19:58 PM permalink
Quote: MRX

great, teach me how to make millions.:) what special ability requeired ?

And no they also work when someone around, as long as there are proper condition for it and not expected to perform at any conditions anytime any place with 100%.

Can they predict when Nathan will confess to having sock-puppets?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MRX
MRX
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 17
Joined: May 7, 2020
May 10th, 2020 at 12:24:34 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Can they predict when Nathan will confess to having sock-puppets?



thought you serious...
  • Jump to: