Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 34
January 17th, 2022 at 9:44:10 AM permalink
Right I mean I knew #3 was going to go all in, and right after I presented the secret wager I even remarked that the only way was going to beat me (surpass my chip total) was with a blackjack, but I should have taken that into the account with my bet, not just a comment.

It was interesting though the way things happened. Not only (1) did #3 get a blackjack, but (2) #2 got a double down (on a 12!), (3) survived the hit, and (4) there was a dealer bust. All four of those things had to happen (combined with my improper 1000 versus 6500 bet) for me to lose out on the #1 or #2 position.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 71
January 17th, 2022 at 1:17:10 PM permalink
I would have bet $20K in hopes of getting 4 hands to double down on. /s
MDawg
MDawg
March 6th, 2022 at 11:05:22 PM permalink
I won another Baccarat tournament - so that makes two in the past year or so.

On this one, I placed a couple of large bets early on on hands that I knew no one would mirror, which happened to hit, and got comfortably ahead. From there, I more or less followed the Wizard suggested strategy of mirroring the bets of my enemies, because I knew that then, they could not touch me win or lose, including because my bankroll was so far ahead. I cruised into the winning spot with well over double the next runner up player's chip stack for the final secret bet hand.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
June 8th, 2022 at 5:50:31 AM permalink
At a recent winner takes all million dollar Blackjack tournament (free entry for high rollers), there was a Mulligan rule. For $500. you may have withdrawn your 2nd or 3rd dealt card, and get a replacement. This option was available up to twice per round. In the early rounds of these tournaments, about a third of the people at the table advance, then in higher rounds, only 1 person advances. There are typically 5 or 6 players participating in each round.

I don't put up a penny in any of these tournaments (not to buy extra chips, not to rebuy into the next round, not for anything), so I never did a Mulligan, but I did see people doing it occasionally.

• Jump to: