Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
May 18th, 2019 at 6:25:59 PM permalink
I've never bet the A//T/S before. I've done it successfully a few time and made other people money, and seen it done by others. I came up with a strategy that seems like it might be amusing. If nothing else the bet itself has a lower edge than the hardways so...

Bet the small, tall, or all -whichever ones you like or all of them. Then sit back and wait while the dice roll. More often than not the dice will seven out before you can get close to making any one of the three bets. But it you get into a situation where there is one layable number (Is that a word?) that needs to be made - 4,5,6,,8,9,10, then just lay the remaining number with a sum that pays out the sum of your A/T/S bet.

If the dice seven out, your lay bet wins.. If you hit the number then the lay bet loses but the sucker A/T/S bet wins.

It will certainly take awhile for this situation to present itself, but it struck me as a nice way to play it while you bet the pass line and take full odds with your real bankroll.

It's a lesser house edge than the hardways so why not :-)
The best things in life are not free.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
May 18th, 2019 at 6:48:08 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

I've never bet the A//T/S before. I've done it successfully a few time and made other people money, and seen it done by others. I came up with a strategy that seems like it might be amusing. If nothing else the bet itself has a lower edge than the hardways so...

Bet the small, tall, or all -whichever ones you like or all of them. Then sit back and wait while the dice roll. More often than not the dice will seven out before you can get close to making any one of the three bets. But it you get into a situation where there is one layable number (Is that a word?) that needs to be made - 4,5,6,,8,9,10, then just lay the remaining number with a sum that pays out the sum of your A/T/S bet.

If the dice seven out, your lay bet wins.. If you hit the number then the lay bet loses but the sucker A/T/S bet wins.

It will certainly take awhile for this situation to present itself, but it struck me as a nice way to play it while you bet the pass line and take full odds with your real bankroll.

It's a lesser house edge than the hardways so why not :-)

I actually see this all the time. Many of our regular players will hedge the bet when there is one number remaining to lock in a win.

Remember, there is no way to make a positive expectation out of combining multiple negative expectation bets, no matter how hard you try, but it is as viable a strategy as any other.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
May 19th, 2019 at 9:22:08 AM permalink
With the new lower payouts on the ats, about twice the edge of the hardways, maybe you might reconsider playing the bet at all?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
  • Jump to: