andyv718
andyv718
  • Threads: 3
June 20th, 2017 at 2:35:37 PM permalink
I've been using the Ace-Five count for a few years now on trips to Vegas and I'm very happy with it. I had a question on the following phrase: "If the count is greater than or equal to two, then double your last bet, up to your maximum bet." Do I take this literally, i.e. if the count stays at 2 for three hands and I'm playing $100 a hand, do I double to $200 on hand 2, then to $400 on hand 3 and then to $800 on hand 4? Or do I keep it at $200 until the count goes to +3, then double to $400, then when it goes to +4, double again to $800.

I've played both ways and had success both ways (small sample size yes, have only been using this for the past 8 trips to Vegas). Basically when I have a lot of money, I'm more likely to double if the count stays at +2, but If I just started a session or if I'm getting beaten around, I'll tend to be more conservative and only double again on +3 and +4 or above.

Anyone know which way the Wizard used in the simulation mentioned on the Ace-Five page?

Pretty please, spare me the "if you're going to learn a count, just learn hi-lo" speech. I just can't have play and have fun using hi-lo, I don't have those skills yet. I've done it, but I feel like the walls are closing in on me. Ace-Five (plus of course good table selection and perfect play) at least assures me that I'm doing something to shift the odds in my favor. Plus it's working - can't argue with the results, and it's more or less effortless. I put down my mlife card for comps, chat up the dealer and pit boss and have fun. No need to hide or be sneaky. Anyway, I just wanted to respond to those questions before they even come up.

Thanks!
bgriffin
bgriffin
  • Threads: 8
June 21st, 2017 at 1:19:05 PM permalink
I'm not an expert but yes, pretty sure you keep redoubling your bet when the count is above +2 -- up to whatever your personal comfort level may be, at least, and making sure to leave yourself enough available cash to allow for a reasonable amount of doubling and splitting.
  • Jump to: