billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 172
November 12th, 2018 at 5:56:08 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I occasionally will use Oscars Grind. It usually works. Sometimes it doesn't. More often, it does.

And the problem is.....??????
BlackjackLover
BlackjackLover
  • Threads: 9
November 12th, 2018 at 5:58:25 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

And the problem is.....??????

The problem is that when Oscar's Grind fails, your entire bankroll will be wiped out. Or is that not a problem for you?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 172
November 12th, 2018 at 6:09:39 PM permalink
Quote: BlackjackLover

The problem is that when Oscar's Grind fails, your entire bankroll will be wiped out. Or is that not a problem for you?

No ,it's not a problem . Would it make much sense to play a system that eventually will fail and then be shocked or surprised when it happens?
Counting cards, you are going to hit a bad streak that will cost you much of your bankroll. Is that a problem?

Don't gamble with money you cant afford to lose and you'll never have a problem if you lose it all.
With my $100 daily BR, I could survive days, maybe even a week before I might miss a meal or two.
BlackjackLover
BlackjackLover
  • Threads: 9
November 12th, 2018 at 6:24:23 PM permalink
I'm just wondering. In that case, why do you use systems? Why don't you just set the amounts of your bets randomly? It's easier than using a system. It'll fail eventually anyway, and using a system doesn't make your bankroll last longer. It's just luck. As for counting cards, it's not a problem when you lose because of bad luck. It will be a problem if you lose because you count cards. On the other hand, system players lose even with average luck.
worldhistoryguy
worldhistoryguy
  • Threads: 0
April 5th, 2019 at 5:40:11 PM permalink
LOL Not a math "star" but a math "geek". To answer your question, I need to go to my son. We'll see if he even wants to get into it. He usually tells me "I'm off again"

Thanks Odius

Jerry

• Jump to: