steverobertson
steverobertson
  • Threads: 7
May 28th, 2010 at 4:06:35 PM permalink
Let me start by thanking all the responses to my previous four questions through this forum.....you have saved me money and time through clear and educated responses.....Now let me ask the following as my mind grows in all this --

Can I win by playing online poker using an online program system?

Can you direct me to the very best online programs that might maximise my winning chances

OR

Is the way to win at Poker Online by becoming a great Texas Hold Em player without system assistance and if this is the case, can you direct me to an online program that teaches you how to become an expert player...and thereby a winner.....

Keen for your help and advice

Note, my aim here is to win money and also not lose money, if that makes sense

Cheers to a great site and forum

Steve
MrPapagiorgio
MrPapagiorgio
  • Threads: 58
June 6th, 2010 at 7:10:05 AM permalink
Quote: steverobertson

Note, my aim here is to win money and also not lose money, if that makes sense

Sorry Steve, Holdem is still gambling, and in order to gamble, you have to gamble. If there were a magic program or method, we'd either all be using it, or it would soon be rendered ineffective. If you want to play holdem, you're just going to have to read, practice, and learn. Wizard posts a good starting guide:

https://wizardofodds.com/holdem

I learned a lot from this page. I actually just won first place in an online tournament for the first time ($4.40 grand prize, buy in for $1.20 at pokerstars), and I can usually maintain a somewhat even bankroll over the long haul in cash games (usually micro blinds rangng from .01 to 1.00). However, you will always have to put your money at risk against skilled players. If you want free practice, you can play free at pokerstars.net with "play money chips", or risk very little playing microblinds at pokerstars or bodog. Just remember, there is no easy way to get rich gambling, and there are no sure bets.
So I says to him, I said "Get your own monkey!"
  • Jump to: