Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14378
March 9th, 2020 at 5:45:02 PM permalink
Quote: UP84

Most bank robbery arrests are made by local and state law enforcement.

And most don't involve vault access, just cash in a teller's draw so the "take" is usually miniscule.
rawtuff
rawtuff
Joined: Mar 15, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 153
March 11th, 2020 at 3:03:01 AM permalink
Given that currently there are 119,389 cases confirmed and the average daily rate of increase in infections is 11% what will be the formula to calculate the expected infections increase after 90 days?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14378
March 11th, 2020 at 4:34:58 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

what will be the formula to calculate the expected infections increase after 90 days?

IF they are all young, healthy, take zinc, selenium, garlic, ginger and gin, take sauna treatments and fight it off, who cares?

The questions are viral load, immune system status, availability of treatment.
rawtuff
rawtuff
Joined: Mar 15, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 153
March 11th, 2020 at 9:07:56 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff



Thanks for the non answer filled with trivia we all know since kids.
Never done that before in my life but I'm actually blocking this guy, I know he has health issues etc but his never on topic blabbering is wearing me thin.
Still looking for an answer to this one.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 381
Thanks for this post from:
rawtuff
March 11th, 2020 at 9:56:39 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

Given that currently there are 119,389 cases confirmed and the average daily rate of increase in infections is 11% what will be the formula to calculate the expected infections increase after 90 days?


If the daily increase is x% then after y days the increase is x to the y power. If the 11%/day number is valid then you're looking at ~ 12,000X increase from your base of ~120k. Unless I misplaced a decimal place, thats roughly 1.4 billion people. The current global population is 7.7 billion so we're looking at ~ 18%. By comparison, the Spanish Flu pandemic was estimated to infect ~ 27% of the global population while Swine flu hit somewhere in the range of 11-21%.

FWIW, I was taking to an MD a couple of days ago who said he had just read a report that they expect all US hospitals to be a full capacity with 100% of the beds and ICUs occupied by the end of summer.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 381
March 11th, 2020 at 9:58:22 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

IF they are all young, healthy, take zinc, selenium, garlic, ginger and gin, take sauna treatments and fight it off, who cares?


You care because they are carriers who can and will infect others.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14378
March 11th, 2020 at 11:46:03 AM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

You care because they are carriers who can and will infect others.


Quote: TublingBones

You care

Frankly, I don't.
Those "others" will decline in number and the victims will still be the very old and very sick.
This hysteria is based on poor surveillance, slow-to-act paper pushers and media use of ill-defined terminology such as 'infected' and 'quarantined'.
"cases" can refer to suspected rather than confirmed.
Japan incubated the virus aboard a cruise ship but then unleashed the victims on the world instead of treating them.

When New Zealand had a volcanic eruption it treated all victims. When China and Japan had this outbreak, they exported victims and forced other countries to shoulder the cost.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 381
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
March 11th, 2020 at 12:23:17 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Quote: TublingBones

You care

Frankly, I don't.
Those "others" will decline in number and the victims will still be the very old and very sick.
This hysteria is based on poor surveillance, slow-to-act paper pushers and media use of ill-defined terminology such as 'infected' and 'quarantined'.
"cases" can refer to suspected rather than confirmed.
Japan incubated the virus aboard a cruise ship but then unleashed the victims on the world instead of treating them.

When New Zealand had a volcanic eruption it treated all victims. When China and Japan had this outbreak, they exported victims and forced other countries to shoulder the cost.


Not worth the time even trying to figure out what point this gibberish is supposed to be making, let alone responding to it.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 2413
March 11th, 2020 at 2:56:50 PM permalink
A shame we canít do over/under on 1.4 billion in 90 days. We could be rich on the under.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
rawtuff
rawtuff
Joined: Mar 15, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 153
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
March 11th, 2020 at 3:25:29 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

A shame we canít do over/under on 1.4 billion in 90 days. We could be rich on the under.



yeah well that would be too easy, there are no 1.4 billion test kits in the world

  • Jump to: