michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
Thanks for this post from:
ChumpChangetringlomane
March 5th, 2020 at 10:29:07 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Here's an amazing factoid:

The sales of Corona beer have plummeted to the lowest in decades!

Imagine if it was called the Amazon Virus.

Online shopping would plummet.
AceCrAAckers
AceCrAAckers
  • Threads: 30
March 5th, 2020 at 11:01:19 AM permalink
Here in Maryland face mask are sold out. Are there shortages where you live?
Edward Snowden is not the criminal, the government is for violating the constitution!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
MidwestAP
March 5th, 2020 at 11:07:32 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Two percent is a lot, especially if it's 2 percent this wave, 2% next year if it mutates. I don't want it to kill anyone, and I don't want to lose anyone important to me, and I don't want to die because I'm important to other people. Things like this really shows how weak our government really is. I'm not sure I believe this story being posted about how it kills old and sickly, I don't think it's true at all.

Not to minimize the effect this is having, but I'm sure the death rate on those infected will be far less than 1%. Remember, there will be many victims who seek no medical attention, and just be sick for a while and then get better. They will not be included in the 'non fatality' group. While pretty much everyone that does die will be included. And the 90 year old metastatic cancer patient barely hanging on will be listed as a coronavirus death if infected even if he was about to die from the cancer.

I see nothing wrong with the government's response. What would you want it to do? Ban travelers from Iran? China?
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
Foragerodiousgambittringlomane
March 5th, 2020 at 12:35:31 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I feel bad for Corona beer over this. They already have it bad enough with the current seltzer craze, and now people buying even less of it because of the word Corona...

To be fair they make horrible beer.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
March 5th, 2020 at 1:02:57 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

So what? Like any product, it advertising that melds sales, not product quality.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 167
March 5th, 2020 at 1:03:02 PM permalink
Well over a thousand NY residents are now under voluntary quarantine. How many of them do you think have an emergency fund to sit it out?
I'd been playing with the idea of flying up to Seattle for Emerald Con. Changed my minds for other reasons, but now dealers and guests are bailing left and right. That's a fairly large economic hit, right there.
After the Las Vegas ,.our health care system was overwhelmed for months.
Elective surgeries were canceled, blood was in short supply and healthcare workers were forced to work much longer hours. This has the possibility of stressing the medical system to the breaking point. Just the number of hospital beds that might be needed is mind boggling.
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
PokerGrindertringlomane
March 5th, 2020 at 1:04:04 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

That's why you have to add some Lyme to it, makes it bearable!
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 25
March 5th, 2020 at 1:46:24 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Not to minimize the effect this is having, but I'm sure the death rate on those infected will be far less than 1%. Remember, there will be many victims who seek no medical attention, and just be sick for a while and then get better. They will not be included in the 'non fatality' group. While pretty much everyone that does die will be included. And the 90 year old metastatic cancer patient barely hanging on will be listed as a coronavirus death if infected even if he was about to die from the cancer.

I see nothing wrong with the government's response. What would you want it to do? Ban travelers from Iran? China?

The Spanish flu killed 3.5 % worldwide. I have been looking at the %'s. It seems to be just as lethal, if not more.

Suseptible population has always been the very young and the very old. I don't expect my dad to make it, if he gets it.

A month ago, Someone claiming to be a biologist, said that he was informed that the incubation period is actually 3 weeks.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Mar 5, 2020
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
March 5th, 2020 at 2:12:18 PM permalink
Avoid immigrants that smoke since they typically have poor hygiene and you'll be fine.
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 37
beachbumbabs
March 5th, 2020 at 3:01:12 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

The Spanish flu killed 3.5 % worldwide. I have been looking at the %'s. It seems to be just as lethal, if not more.

Suseptible population has always been the very young and the very old. I don't expect my dad to make it, if he gets it.

A month ago, Someone claiming to be a biologist, said that he was informed the incubation period is actually 3 weeks.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

My wife has a terrible auto-immune disease which has been in remission for about 6 months now; she takes an oral chemotherapy drug every day that weakens and suppresses her immune system. If she catches the coronavirus, she will be at considerable risk. And since I am the only one who lives with her and I am the one that takes care of her, that means that I must NOT catch the coronavirus. No kidding, guys.

I live in Tenn, and so far only one confirmed case, in Nashville, over 130 miles away. But I am concerned and trying to educate myself and prepare. I'd welcome any advice.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.

• Jump to: