Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 116
November 20th, 2017 at 6:23:38 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

And that is my point. Local and in some cases State Police have far more important issues to deal with, as they should and do overlook small violations. Most of us agree that gambling is a mostly victimless crime, but that doesn’t help when you are the guy singled out. All of us break the antiquated PA liquor laws on a daily basis if you look into them. Examples include it is illegal to serve alcohol to a known prostitute, a law on the book since prohibition in PA. Obviously an old example but still on the books. Others include the inability to promote more than one beer special a day. Again many of us violate it. And every LCB (which is the State Police) officer I have ever met doesn’t care unless you are under investigation for other violations.

I know exactly what you mean, "Add-On," offenses I like to call them. They often get applied to driving. It's, "Hello, sir, sorry to stop you but you need to get that running light fixed," if you're sober...but drunk and it's a separate charge. I know that some State Legislator (or something along those lines) got in trouble for something related to turning a blind eye to the machines in the area I was talking about, or maybe he was actually involved in their sale or revenue collection, I forget the details. Either way, we know the Cherry Masters are not legal...unless they are actually set to, "For amusement only," and do not print tickets at all.

Quote:

Reality is you are fine unless you come under the microscope because someone complains, then they find anything and everything. We all deal with the same thing with food inspectors. The first thing, rightly so is they check temperatures to ensure you are holding food at the correct levels, are dating products correctly, using proper handling techniques and are serving safe foods. If you are not risking customers health they address and allow you to fix minor issues without penalty. But open the door and they can be your worst enemy.

Same thing with the Fire Marshal in Ohio and hotel inspections. You have County Boards of Health, too, but the State Fire Marshal also inspects for health as well as fire-related stuff. Get caught on something fairly egregious, or he just doesn't like you, then you've got seven days to fix it. Immediate shutdown if it's bad enough (never happened to me) minor stuff and they give you thirty days. Technically, they should inspect every single guest room, but if they're happy enough after public areas and a handful of rooms, they'll give you thirty days to fix the minor stuff and call it a day.

Quote:

That is where I see the “illegal” gambling issue. It’s all good making the money while you can, but when you are the guy that gets reported because someone lost their paycheck, be prepared to deal with the consequences. Again, risk to reward. And with the prices being paid by Sheetz, Wawa, Turkey Hill and other for licenses, the value of clean Liquor Licenses in a PA has never been higher.

I agree with that 100%, as well. Especially with the recent expansion of legalized gambling in the state (including online) and who knows what else that could eventually turn into. Truck stop parlors and airports also legalized, apparently. If they go the full monte and just allow all kinds of parlors, (like WV and IL have and are similar to what is now allowed for truck stops) you're REALLY going to see the value of a clean license go up!
Vultures can't be choosers.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 117
November 20th, 2017 at 10:54:55 PM permalink
I had a guy lose his paycheck in a Broadway Poker and the next day his wife came in screaming and threatening to call the cops. Our policy was to be nice and give the irate person back some money. As little as possible. If they lost $500, offer $100. If the wife gets involved, it cost more. That's usually more than enough to calm down the wife. In this case, wife went food shopping with $200 and the husband was hooked on our customer service, and owed me the $200.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 82
November 20th, 2017 at 11:44:50 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I had a guy lose his paycheck in a Broadway Poker and the next day his wife came in screaming and threatening to call the cops. Our policy was to be nice and give the irate person back some money. As little as possible. If they lost $500, offer $100. If the wife gets involved, it cost more. That's usually more than enough to calm down the wife. In this case, wife went food shopping with $200 and the husband was hooked on our customer service, and owed me the $200.

screw that guy what a welch
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
lefty321
lefty321
  • Threads: 0
November 29th, 2017 at 3:29:32 PM permalink
Hey guys. New to the forum. Stumbled upon it looking for some info. I like all the info provided so far and it has been very helpful. But I have a question about the PA law and the fish games. Just google "fire kirin" if you don't know what I'm talking about. We have them in Ohio and it's kinda of a gray area here. I know of one bar in Pittsburgh that has a fish machine and he has had zero problems. I just don't want to order five of them just to have them taken away by the cops.

I appreciate any info you guys can provide. Very thankful.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 464
April 23rd, 2018 at 1:14:07 PM permalink
Quote: Btony94

The 104% return is from a mini game titled "follow me" its essentially just a variation of Simon Says, if you bet and spin and there isn't a winner you can elect to play "follow me". If you win "follow me" you get your bet back from the previous spin plus an additional 4%. That being said "follow me" takes about a half an hour or more to complete and is the most challenging aspect of the game. Realistically people can always win their money back, but 99% of the time elect not to out of laziness or because it would be quicker to spin again for the chance to win more money.

How do you get the 'Simon Says' mini-game?
is it random?

I've only seen it once in many hrs I've played and that was on the machine next to me.
and I tried to ask the person about it but he didn't speak English. :(
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 145
Thanks for this post from:
BleedingChipsSlowly
June 23rd, 2018 at 7:53:45 PM permalink
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/06/back-of-the-room_gambling_find.html

Update on the status of these games in PA. In my area they showed up almost everywhere and are now mostly gone. But I hear they are still all over the larger cities in small corner stores.

• Jump to: