aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 355
February 18th, 2019 at 6:27:54 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Yea they are pretty much all Tourist traps.

The one exception Iíve found is Gordon Ramsayís pub in Ceasars AC. Every meal Iíve had there has been stellar.

Guy and his restaurants are pretty much a joke. His BBQ joint on the AC boardwalk has decent pulled pork though.

Only ate there once - had lunch at the barter - a grilled chicken Caesar salad - quite possibly the best Caesar salad I've ever had
www.EpicEsquire.com
ECoaster
ECoaster
  • Threads: 5
February 19th, 2019 at 3:56:41 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Flay's restaurants are tourist traps.
Hey, we watch Bobby Flay on TV,
lets eat there! Over priced blah food

Bobby Flay's GATO in NYC is a great restaurant... Difference of course is that he's around to keep an eye on things, it doesn't have his name on the building, and New Yorkers won't keep a place like that in business if it isn't good.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 174
February 19th, 2019 at 7:53:27 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I ate at Guy Fieri's place at Bally's AC shortly after it opened - seriously underwhelmed - will not go back

We ate at Fieriís place at Mt Airy, and we agree with you wholeheartedly.

IMO Flayís is the third best steak place in Borgata, after Old Homestead and Wolfgang Puck.
NO KILL I
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 16
February 20th, 2019 at 1:53:22 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

IMO Flayís is the third best steak place in Borgata, after Old Homestead and Wolfgang Puck.

Wow, talk about damming with faint praise. I've tried Flay's and thought it was pretty decent but was not blown away either. Have yet to try Homestead or Puck but both are on the to-try list next time I have a really hot run at the tables and feel like blowing my ill-gotten gains. That said, I think the best Flay operation I've encountered is his Burger Palace at the Mohegan. Wish they had one at Borgota. While at Mohegan we also tried Flay's Bar Americain and thought is OK at best and not as good as his Borgota operation.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
February 20th, 2019 at 3:12:09 PM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

Wow, talk about damming with faint praise. I've tried Flay's and thought it was pretty decent but was not blown away either. Have yet to try Homestead or Puck but both are on the to-try list next time I have a really hot run at the tables and feel like blowing my ill-gotten gains. That said, I think the best Flay operation I've encountered is his Burger Palace at the Mohegan. Wish they had one at Borgota. While at Mohegan we also tried Flay's Bar Americain and thought is OK at best and not as good as his Borgota operation.

Burger Palace in Philadelphia is fantastic

• Jump to: