Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 172
February 25th, 2017 at 7:23:26 AM permalink
I had a love hate relationship with Zoom.
Evidently, by the time I was watching it, there were several seasons in the bank and they would air them indiscriminately.

Ever notice the vices of various cartoon characters?
UnderDog would get his ass kicked, pop a magic pill and win.
AquaBoy would get his ability from chewing gum.
To bar, the Eighth Man would meet a foe he couldn't handle, whip out an Atomic powered cigarette and supercharge his system.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 235
February 25th, 2017 at 8:05:13 AM permalink
I was a sid n marty krofft guy. They had some big hits

Most notable for H. R. Puf n stuff

Siegfried and the sea monsters

Also Land of the Lost
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Ernesto
Ernesto
  • Threads: 1
February 25th, 2017 at 10:16:18 AM permalink
I have to take a nap now. Feeling old. My show went off air in 1957 Winky Dink and you. The plastic screen cost $1.00 , which including shipping and handling. No worry about radiation, a lot less than the fluoroscope machine at Buster Brown shoe store.
YAWN
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
February 25th, 2017 at 10:53:17 AM permalink
My brother and I used to get up early Saturday morning, share the comfy chair in front of the TV, and wait for the day's programming to begin.

It always started with something about the American flag and patriotism, then switched to "Modern Farmer" (WTF? In the NYC area?)

Then on to Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Loved those "Fractured Fairy tales."

As a really little guy, I think I watched "Romper Room" but I can't really recall much if anything about that show.
"What, me worry?"
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
February 25th, 2017 at 11:14:55 AM permalink
I liked Underdog and still do. I like how he speaks with rhymes. People remember what you say when you rhyme. If I can think of one, I'll use it when I'm done.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
February 25th, 2017 at 2:22:04 PM permalink
I grew up in Los Angeles, I remember Engineer Bill. Sheriff John. Captain Kangaroo. I named my teddy bear after Captain Kangaroo's Dancing Bear. I think I carried it around till I was maybe 30 or so. I still have it, and I want it in my will to be buried with that same stuffed toy bear. We're the same age.

I remember a cartoon named Mighty Mouse. I was very very young. I remember wanting to kill Mighty Mouse. I didn't like that mouse. It wasn't normal. But I didn't have anyone to talk to about how much I hated him. A child councelor at that age might have been a good idea. I was a disturbed little f*ck.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 43
February 25th, 2017 at 3:15:42 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Howdy Doody... I watched the early show, dialing for dollars, or other movies. Hated that darned kids show I had to watch once. Hated the yelling and screaming brats.

Later: Sunrise Semester. General Electric Theater. Alfred Hitcock Presents.

Didn't like that stupid Lost on an Island somewhere but did like the many loves of dobby gillis, mainly for the hippie guy who didn't like to hear the word 'work'.

I just vaguely remember dialing for dollars. I agree with the Wizard Zoom sucked.
Don't teach an alligator how to swim.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 43
February 25th, 2017 at 3:18:13 PM permalink
For us it was channel 56 ,speed racer and i think Godzilla or some Japanese monster show was on Saturdays.
Don't teach an alligator how to swim.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
February 25th, 2017 at 3:20:36 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

p.s. Zoom sucked!

C'mon Wizard! They had their own "Pig Latin". Hubbi frubbiends...

From the little ditty they would sing in their "letters" segment, I still remember the zip code for Boston, Mass: 0...21..34.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Ernesto
Ernesto
  • Threads: 1
February 25th, 2017 at 3:40:05 PM permalink
My cousin Cookie, her mom and aunt watched dialing for dollars every morning too. One morning at her own house, Cookoe's daughter, a toddler turned down voice on TV, Cookie never hear the page number and line in phone book. It was hers and she missed a big jackpot.
Her Mom and Aunt never forgave her.

• Jump to: