Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 26th, 2024 at 6:44:58 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Second, my personal rule is to never loan anyone money if I can't bear losing that money all together. Because, lol, a good fraction of the time, I'm never going to get paid back. I guess it's the same principles we apply to making a wager.
link to original post

My rule has always been never a borrower or a lender be, and I've always stuck to that. Causes way too many problems. If you loan money to a friend and he can't pay you back you won't ever see him again because he's too embarrassed and you've lost a friend.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Nathan
Nathan 
  • Threads: 66
April 26th, 2024 at 7:49:40 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Second, my personal rule is to never loan anyone money if I can't bear losing that money all together. Because, lol, a good fraction of the time, I'm never going to get paid back. I guess it's the same principles we apply to making a wager.
link to original post

My rule has always been never a borrower or a lender be, and I've always stuck to that. Causes way too many problems. If you loan money to a friend and he can't pay you back you won't ever see him again because he's too embarrassed and you've lost a friend.
link to original post

A guy said he loaned his Friend $20 and his Friend gave him a pipe that was worth $20 and then never saw him again..The guy said something like,"I can't believe he decided to never see me again over something as trivial as a $20 loan!" 🤔💡
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
April 27th, 2024 at 3:34:50 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

The best way to ruin your relationship with someone close is to lend them money. One way or another it will take its toll on both of you.
If you need to help them just gift it to them, never ever think or say it's borrowed money, just give it and forget it.
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 27th, 2024 at 4:47:01 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

link to original post

link to original post

The best way to ruin your relationship with someone close is to lend them money. One way or another it will take its toll on both of you.
If you need to help them just gift it to them, never ever think or say it's borrowed money, just give it and forget it.
link to original post

Gotta disagree. I needed some $$$ to buy a house and not need a mortgage. Borrowed from a friend, paid it back monthly over a year and a half, with some interest.
That’s what friends are for…..

All the bets I’ve made here on WoV I am fully prepared to not collect, if that’s what happens.
Mission has $25 of mine (at my direction) to be used for next year entry fee.
Speedycrap owes me some amount I can’t remember (also I have not collected at my request)
DRich owes me a bunch of coffees!

Worst……. I owe SOMEONE (maybe $10?) from a bet made years ago. I was pretty sure Brady was retiring and bet he wouldn’t throw another touchdown but I think he played two more years!
Hey, maybe MDawg can find that post for me? He has magic post finding powers.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
April 27th, 2024 at 7:06:02 AM permalink
The way I find old posts is via total recall. I remember exactly what I said, and then search for those sentences or phrases. Unfortunately, even knowing that the WOV search system can't usually find it, so I use a search on Google
" exact words posted " wizardofvegas mdawg
and it sometimes works. Not even always though!

This is what I used to find the post where BeachBumBabs had said

“It’s my goal to have a very light footprint.”

The issue there, at least initially when I first posted "didn't BBB say something like that when she started?" and she posted her completely erroneous defamation of me accusing me of false paraphrasing, was that I hadn't written what she had posted, and had just passed over the initial post without reading it carefully. So since I hadn't read the post, just skimmed over it, I didn't know exactly what she had said, so I paraphrased it as "I want you to know I intend to moderate with a light hand" and made it clear that I was paraphrasing her when I said "didn't BBB say something like that?"

I was still right, and she was wrong (she still hasn't come on here to admit the error of her ways), but without knowing the exact phrase stated, it is harder to find the post. But I still did find it anyway, after I returned from my suspension, and posted it.

So the issues at my end in finding anything are the limitations of WOV search (abysmal, unexpected results) and Google search (much better, but not everything from WOV is indexed precisely).

In your case
I owe SOMEONE (maybe $10?) from a bet made years ago. I was pretty sure Brady was retiring and bet he wouldn’t throw another touchdown but I think he played two more years!
if you could remember exactly what you said in that post, I could try to find it, or you could yourself.

A Google search via

wizardofvegas soopoo tom brady retiring

isn't working.  🤔🤩 (I didn't even bother to search via WOV.)
Last edited by: MDawg on Apr 27, 2024
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 27th, 2024 at 7:20:52 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

All the bets I’ve made here on WoV I am fully prepared to not collect, if that’s what happens.
Speedycrap owes me some amount I can’t remember (also I have not collected at my request)

Worst……. I owe SOMEONE (maybe $10?) from a bet made years ago. I was pretty sure Brady was retiring and bet he wouldn’t throw another touchdown but I think he played two more years!
link to original post

You are making my point for me and you don't even know it.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
April 27th, 2024 at 7:54:11 AM permalink

First, when I was exchanging messages with DJChaps (who I don't know at all) he seemed to be a normal, trustworthy person.

link to original post

About How much $ does Mis owe?
3 figures, 4 figures, 5 figures?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
April 27th, 2024 at 8:39:28 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

First, when I was exchanging messages with DJChaps (who I don't know at all) he seemed to be a normal, trustworthy person.

link to original post

link to original post

He owes $480
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
MDawg
MDawg
April 27th, 2024 at 9:42:02 AM permalink
I don't believe $480. is the correct figure. This is just what he owes you.

Quote: MDawg

I thought the total owed by Mission146 was around a thousand to the winners (and those who covered)?

I just assumed he doesn't have it available right now, he's been very up front about his over all financial situation and that he doesn't care about money.
link to original post

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 27th, 2024 at 10:10:43 AM permalink

I don't believe $480. is the correct figure. This is just what he owes you.

I thought the total owed by Mission146 was around a thousand to the winners (and those who covered)?

I just assumed he doesn't have it available right now, he's been very up front about his over all financial situation and that he doesn't care about money.
link to original post

link to original post

Let's get real
Mdawg will beat up on anybody that doesn't believe him
Mission is a target
BBB is a target
I'm a target
All because we don't believe
It's as simple as that
The obsession is real against those that take the logical position of being skeptical
To be skeptical of any outrageous story is a normal human reaction
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
MDawg
MDawg
April 27th, 2024 at 10:26:55 AM permalink
I think you should smoke some more of that stuff you espouse here almost daily and think again.

The reason I don't respect or care for YOU, is because you can't seem to come around to letting go of something that has stuck in your head.

His thread is fine, I don't have a problem with it
link to original post

I like your thread it has its place just like many other threads at this forum.
link to original post

You seem incapable of responding in a dignified manner to olive branches. That's not a sign of maturity or higher being lifetime learning. Besides the above, when you first started long ago with your negative anti-MDawg nonsense I mentioned that I too like the Grateful Dead, tried to engage you but you weren't having any of it.

You can't even seem to understand what I've posted or even get the gist of it. Weren't you the one who went on and on about "No way Mdawg allows anybody to see" him play in front of Wizard? How did that certainty go for you.

I have nothing against Mission146, and did not opine anything against him in fact. I have defended him in that his position and attitude seem consistent - he really doesn't seem to care about money, and I've stated that probably the only reason he hasn't paid is because he doesn't have the money right now. The fact that he owes around $1000. is plain fact, wasn't offered for any reason other than as plain fact. If anything, it defends him because failure to come up with around $1000. sounds better than failure to come up with $480.

Mission146 has made it clear that all he did is crunch numbers, he never offered any opinion one way or another as to my session reports. So, I think you should smoke some more of that stuff you espouse here almost daily and think again on what I posted about Mission146 means because it was certainly not intended as a slight against him.

Anyway you may keep burning rubber with all this anti MDawg rhetoric, or step back and make a fresh start. I'm willing if you are.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
April 27th, 2024 at 11:21:14 AM permalink

Quote: rawtuff

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Gotta disagree. I needed some $$$ to buy a house and not need a mortgage. Borrowed from a friend, paid it back monthly over a year and a half, with some interest.
That’s what friends are for…..

link to original post

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/33359-sports-betting-discussion-thread/6/#post749578
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
April 27th, 2024 at 2:02:34 PM permalink

Quote: 100xOdds

link to original post

link to original post

He owes $480
link to original post

That’s not correct. That’s how much he owed DJ Chaps. He owes others also.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
Thanked by
RideTheEdge
April 27th, 2024 at 4:01:56 PM permalink
Let the record show that I have purchased half of the Mission debt from Gordon for $200. If Mission ever pays what he owes, we agreed to distribute it as follows:

$200 Gordonm888
$200 Wizard
$80 DJChaps

I have tried to reach out to Mission by back channels, just to check on him, but got no reply.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 27th, 2024 at 5:38:19 PM permalink
Let the record show that I owe UnJon $25. It appears Roethlisberger made greater than one pass in 2021. If 605 is greater than 1…..

Thanks to Miplet!
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
April 27th, 2024 at 5:45:16 PM permalink

Let the record show that I owe UnJon $25. It appears Roethlisberger made greater than one pass in 2021. If 605 is greater than 1…..

Thanks to Miplet!
link to original post

Wow I had forgotten that!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
April 28th, 2024 at 2:32:12 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Let the record show that I have purchased half of the Mission debt from Gordon for $200. If Mission ever pays what he owes, we agreed to distribute it as follows:

$200 Gordonm888
$200 Wizard
$80 DJChaps

I have tried to reach out to Mission by back channels, just to check on him, but got no reply.
link to original post

Watching this play out, it's all rather sad to see an established and well liked member and ex-moderator have his financial difficulties laid bare,

I wish Mission well and hope that he can (be helped to) find his way back from this.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
100xOdds
April 28th, 2024 at 3:48:42 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

$200 Gordonm888
$200 Wizard
$80 DJChaps

link to original post

Watching this play out, it's all rather sad to see an established and well liked member and ex-moderator have his financial difficulties laid bare,

I wish Mission well and hope that he can (be helped to) find his way back from this.
link to original post

Until someone has gone through a financial reversal it's easy to blame the person.

My film business was making up to $50,000 a month (but not every month*) and I was living large.

Then suddenly it wasn't (due to technological change, the switch from film to digitsl).

Creditors would call me deadbeat. One actually got me on the phone and said he knew what TYPE of person I was that felt skipping responsibility was okay.

I simply didn't make anywhere near the amount required to satisfy the creditors like I had before. Yet it was my personality that had changed?

Right!

But what does change is being devil may care. After all if there is nothing you can do to change things then why bother caring what people will think. They will think the worst and nothing you can do to stop it.

That's may be how Mission feels right now. Hopefully he climbs out of his financial pit. It took me years but eventually I managed to climb out of mine.

*(that I have to explain what making $50,000 a month but not every month means is sad but here goes. In January of 2004 I was working on Kill Bill. Got paid $50,000.

February had no movie to work on. March got hired to work on The Aviator" made $50,000. April had no work(waiting for next film)

Exorcist Dominion was in the summer and November 2004 was Ocean's 12.

And it wasn't hard and fast 50K. Each film had different work requirements. Some spread out s few months. Sometimes work was put on hold for whatever reasons out of my control. But several months of the year I was on "vacation " It was much easier to say "this month I made" rather then each year because it changed so drastically. But there were months I made fifty grand. And some I made zero.)
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Nathan
Nathan 
April 28th, 2024 at 5:29:31 AM permalink

I think you should smoke some more of that stuff you espouse here almost daily and think again.

The reason I don't respect or care for YOU, is because you can't seem to come around to letting go of something that has stuck in your head.

link to original post

link to original post

You seem incapable of responding in a dignified manner to olive branches. That's not a sign of maturity or higher being lifetime learning. Besides the above, when you first started long ago with your negative anti-MDawg nonsense I mentioned that I too like the Grateful Dead, tried to engage you but you weren't having any of it.

You can't even seem to understand what I've posted or even get the gist of it. Weren't you the one who went on and on about "No way Mdawg allows anybody to see" him play in front of Wizard? How did that certainty go for you.

I have nothing against Mission146, and did not opine anything against him in fact. I have defended him in that his position and attitude seem consistent - he really doesn't seem to care about money, and I've stated that probably the only reason he hasn't paid is because he doesn't have the money right now. The fact that he owes around $1000. is plain fact, wasn't offered for any reason other than as plain fact. If anything, it defends him because failure to come up with around $1000. sounds better than failure to come up with $480.

Mission146 has made it clear that all he did is crunch numbers, he never offered any opinion one way or another as to my session reports. So, I think you should smoke some more of that stuff you espouse here almost daily and think again on what I posted about Mission146 means because it was certainly not intended as a slight against him.

Anyway you may keep burning rubber with all this anti MDawg rhetoric, or step back and make a fresh start. I'm willing if you are.
link to original post

Terapined, it looks like MDawg has tried to engage with you by saying that your thread is good too, and that he too likes the Grateful Dead, and have peace between you two.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 5:31:45 AM permalink
D.Oz, I have friends in the movie business, some of whom make much more than the figures you mention per film. Most of them get at least one picture deal a year, but one of them didn't have any work for over two years during one stretch. Not one ended up broke homeless on the streets. Wealth is as much a mentality as it is a number.

Agreed, in your case your entire industry was pulled out from under you, whereas the friends I know they simply weren't offered any work for periods of time and then were offered work, but still, you can't blame anyone but yourself for what happened to you, and if it happens again because the casinos figure out a way to stop whatever you claim to be doing now, I'd hope you'd have enough saved or (wisely) invested to last for some time.
darkoz
darkoz
April 28th, 2024 at 5:39:01 AM permalink

D.Oz, I have friends in the movie business, some of whom make much more than the figures you mention per film.
link to original post

Duh!

Like literally I was a technician.

It's like comparing the foremans salary on a construction site to the salary of the architect.

As for wealthy people who don't go homeless when the financial rug gets pulled from them, you are correct.

Traditionally they just jump from the 17th floor.

Personally I prefer my solution better
Nathan
Nathan 
April 28th, 2024 at 5:40:59 AM permalink

D.Oz, I have friends in the movie business, some of whom make much more than the figures you mention per film. Most of them get at least one picture deal a year, but one of them didn't have any work for over two years during one stretch. Not one ended up broke homeless on the streets. Wealth is as much a mentality as it is a number.

Agreed, in your case your entire industry was pulled out from under you, whereas the friends I know they simply weren't offered any work for periods of time and then were offered work, but still, you can't blame anyone but yourself for what happened to you, and if it happens again because the casinos figure out a way to stop whatever you claim to be doing now, I'd hope you'd have enough saved or (wisely) invested to last for some time.
link to original post

Lots of people lose jobs because technology advances. For instance, I could be out of a job if Walgreens goes to all self checkout as I am a cashier.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
April 28th, 2024 at 5:45:29 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

link to original post

Lots of people lose jobs because technology advances. For instance, I could be out of a job if Walgreens goes to all self checkout as I am a cashier.
link to original post

Beyoncé is irreplaceable though, for example.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
Dieter
April 28th, 2024 at 5:48:11 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

AI is going to change even that.
Nathan
Nathan 
April 28th, 2024 at 6:23:38 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Yep, AI is a problem already in the music business at this very SECOND. Singers are already being hologrammed. There was a CREEPY Michael Jackson AI Tour YEARS after he died. 🥶AI is already starting to do that with LIVING singers. Let that sink in. LIVING SINGERS. 🥶
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
April 28th, 2024 at 6:32:33 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Yep, AI is a problem already in the music business at this very SECOND. Singers are already being hologrammed. There was a CREEPY Michael Jackson AI Tour YEARS after he died. 🥶AI is already starting to do that with LIVING singers. Let that sink in. LIVING SINGERS. 🥶
link to original post

There was a movie vaguely about this twenty some years ago.
S1m0ne, it was ok.
There have definitely been books about this (Idoru?).

Maybe 15 years ago, there was software (Vocaloid?) to sing whatever you fed it, and a small but devoted group of enthusiastic fans.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Nathan
Nathan 
April 28th, 2024 at 6:35:42 AM permalink
Is there a way that like 100 posters can just donate the money that Mission146 owes? Let's say Mission owes $1,000. Can't we get 100 people to donate $10 and Mission's debt will be paid that way? I mean, a lot of people on WOV drop more than $10 on a single Casino game, so it's not a huge stretch to give $10 to eradicate Mission's debt. 💡 And then maybe tell Mission something like,"This is a ONE time FREE get out of jail," card, if you EVER do this "Not paying out on a contest," thing again, you will be permanently nuked." 💡
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 7:12:49 AM permalink
There are at best a couple dozen active members of WOV, not even a hundred.

Now if we could bring Wellbush, MarcusClark66 and CoachBelly back, we'd have some more activity.

Bringing you back Nathan, did definitely increase activity here including discussions of actual almost daily gaming, which is what this site is mostly about.
Last edited by: MDawg on Apr 28, 2024
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
100xOdds
April 28th, 2024 at 8:20:41 AM permalink
Clearly I triggered MDawg who has felt so attacked that he has gone to a well over year dead thread about my investment in cytodyn and brought it up just to try and dig up old wounds.

How petty.

Yes MDawg rich people do jump off 17 story buildings when they go broke. They don't go homeless because they can't even deal with the situation.

Just because my comment about what rich people do offended you, you ran to the cytodyn thread?

Those actions are so petty petty petty.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
terapined
April 28th, 2024 at 8:29:43 AM permalink
For the record.

I haven't posted here much the last few months. Mention of me has been practically zero from MDawg from what I can see.

At 3:48 approximately I made a post about the Mission situation and made no mention of MDawg period.

MDawg responded at approximately 5:30am pointing out he knows people in the film industry that didn't go homeless even when out of work.

2 minutes later I replied rich people just jump out windows.

The only reply came at 7:30 approximately when MDawg suddenly brings up the year dead thread Cytodyn with a post admonishing me for my investment.

This is a snapshot into the MDawg mind.

Sad, so sad.

When so many people say the guy rubs them the wrong way what does that say about the guy?

Sad, so sad (2nd verse)
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 8:32:29 AM permalink
I think the petty action is in looking for motive behind a simple post.

I've been much more active lately in stock trading, had some spare minutes, and commented on the obvious with regards to CYDY!

I get what you're saying. For example, in Hemingway novels people are drinking, having a good time, no mention of alcoholism. In an F Scott Fitzgerald novel, the negative effects of alcohol are mentioned, and Fitzgerald himself was a very destructive alcoholic. But, he never offed himself with a shotgun.

But, it is rather bizarre to defend one's descent into homelessness with something like "But I didn't commit suicide??" if that's what you're doing.
darkoz
darkoz
April 28th, 2024 at 8:39:09 AM permalink

I've been much more active lately in stock trading, had some spare minutes, and commented on the obvious with regards to CYDY!

I get what you're saying. For example, in Hemingway novels people are drinking, having a good time, no mention of alcoholism. In an F Scott Fitzgerald novel, the negative effects of alcohol are mentioned, and Fitzgerald himself was a very destructive alcoholic. But, he never offed himself with a shotgun.

But, it is rather bizarre to defend one's descent into homelessness with something like "But I didn't commit suicide??" if that's what you're doing.
link to original post

There is always motive to a post especially one dredged up literally right after direct contact with that poster after such a long time of no contact.

Don't try and BS an AP. We can smell the BS stronger than horse manure.

As for the rich people comment, you pointed out you know people out of work who didn't go homeless and I assume you don't hang with associates who aren't somewhat wealthy (you actually stated they made more than the figures I mentioned so not an assumption really)

I pointed out they don't go homeless they just kill themselves.

I'm here to fight another day. They aren't. If you find that bizarre that's on you.
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 8:42:17 AM permalink
Saying

they just kill themselves.
link to original post

implies that is what they do. Suicide in financial adversity is probably more rare than going homeless. Both are definitely rare among those who were at one point very well off.

All right I'll give you this. Ending up homeless and then not killing yourself does show some level of strength, in that I am sure the suicide rate among the homeless is higher than among the general pop.
Nathan
Nathan 
April 28th, 2024 at 8:58:34 AM permalink

Now if we could bring Wellbush, MarcusClark66 and CoachBelly back, we'd have some more activity.

Bringing you back Nathan, did definitely increase activity here including discussions of actual almost daily gaming, which is what this site is mostly about.
link to original post

Thank you for the compliment. 😇 Refresh my memory on why Wellbush, Coach, and Marcus were banned. About the couple dozen Active Members, even if it is only a 24 Posters, why not get the 24 Posters to give $42? I mean, many players play that in a single Roulette game. 😱
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 9:01:17 AM permalink

Refresh my memory on why Wellbush, Coach, and Marcus were banned.
link to original post

The official reasons may be looked up, but the real reason obviously had to do with unwillingness to be conformist. Some people are able to be iconoclastic within the rules, others not.
terapined
terapined
April 28th, 2024 at 9:01:31 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Terapined, it looks like MDawg has tried to engage with you by saying that your thread is good too, and that he too likes the Grateful Dead, and have peace between you two.
link to original post

Are you kidding me
He just tried to insult me with an old old old EB post
He searched for years of posts to find it
Talk about obsessed
The guy plays games with insult/olive branch BS
You know the real Mdawg
You participated in his personal insult threads on his lonely forum obsessed with members here.
I go someplace else to post and I don't even think of this place
By the way, I mostly post on Reddit and Facebook
Especially Reddit. Lots of responses to my posts :-)
This place is kind of dying
Maybe due to the online mafia purchasing
A lot of quality people have left like pacomartin
The replacements like mdawg don't cut it

Note: Image deleted by moderator
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Apr 30, 2024
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 9:10:32 AM permalink
Why don't you just look up every post on those other forums where someone has said something about someone here and post it here? There are plenty of examples where many different WOV members have posted about other WOV members at the other forums. You didn't have to dig up threads that are up to years old. 🤩

This is what I'm talking about where "Some men, you just can't reach."

If you want to address anything going on at the other forums, join them and start addressing them there. Those forums have their own rules of engagement, it is impermissible to import that drama here, for any reason. You know this, and have been told this repeatedly.

I know, I know,

Quote: terapined

Suspension is meaningless to me ROTFL
link to original post

Finally, the only exception to the rule against quoting from other forums was for the purpose of MDawg Results Thread and only for the purpose of researching his results. I think we can consider the evidence gathering period closed on that, so there is no longer an exception at all.
link to original post

Last edited by: MDawg on Apr 28, 2024
BillHasRetired
BillHasRetired
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
MDawgDieter
April 28th, 2024 at 9:13:58 AM permalink

{heavily snipped to relevant point}
In your case I owe SOMEONE (maybe $10?) from a bet made years ago. I was pretty sure Brady was retiring and bet he wouldn’t throw another touchdown but I think he played two more years!
if you could remember exactly what you said in that post, I could try to find it, or you could yourself.

A Google search via

link to original post

MDawg,
Might I recommend a slight refinement.

soopoo "tom brady" retiring site:WizardOfVegas.com

might work better. Here, you are searching for Tom Brady as a phrase, not two separate words, and wizardofvegas is not a search term, but limits results to only those coming from the WoV website itself.

This is, in fact, how most 'site search' tools work--they use the Google engine and limit results to their site via the Site: keyword.

Yielded eight results, in case you were curious.
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 9:17:22 AM permalink
Thanks, I will keep that in mind next time.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
April 28th, 2024 at 9:24:12 AM permalink
Quote: BillHasRetired

{heavily snipped to relevant point}
In your case I owe SOMEONE (maybe $10?) from a bet made years ago. I was pretty sure Brady was retiring and bet he wouldn’t throw another touchdown but I think he played two more years!

A Google search via

link to original post

MDawg,
Might I recommend a slight refinement.

soopoo "tom brady" retiring site:WizardOfVegas.com

might work better. Here, you are searching for Tom Brady as a phrase, not two separate words, and wizardofvegas is not a search term, but limits results to only those coming from the WoV website itself.

This is, in fact, how most 'site search' tools work--they use the Google engine and limit results to their site via the Site: keyword.

Yielded eight results, in case you were curious.
link to original post

I generally use the advanced search interface.
This seems to allow all the functionality with less guru jargon in the query structure.

https://www.google.com/advanced_search
May the cards fall in your favor.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 6
April 28th, 2024 at 10:07:49 AM permalink

link to original post

Thank you for the compliment. 😇 Refresh my memory on why Wellbush, Coach, and Marcus were banned. About the couple dozen Active Members, even if it is only a 24 Posters, why not get the 24 Posters to give $42? I mean, many players play that in a single Roulette game. 😱
link to original post

It was MIssion's game, and he set the rules and payouts and he voluntarily took on the responsibilty of paying out of pocket the winners. Furthermore, not every poster played in the game and therefore do not have any real responsibilty to ante in to help.If Mission couldn't pay promptly, he should not have run the game.
Nathan
Nathan 
April 28th, 2024 at 10:50:22 AM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

link to original post

link to original post

It was MIssion's game, and he set the rules and payouts and he voluntarily took on the responsibilty of paying out of pocket the winners. Furthermore, not every poster played in the game and therefore do not have any real responsibilty to ante in to help.If Mission couldn't pay promptly, he should not have run the game.
link to original post

I'm just saying it would be a nice gesture if every Poster pitched in to help out Mission for this one. Mission is a long time and well liked Member who made a mistake. It would have been a completely different story if Mission had just joined like a month ago and had did this. Mission has been here for YEARS and deserves a get out of jail bail out(Hey, jail and bail rhyme😉)
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 28th, 2024 at 11:10:15 AM permalink

link to original post

In Hemingway's defense he did not kill himself because of alcohol. His family is riddled with suicides because they are all bipolar. Hemingway fought suicide all his life and had terrible bouts with untreated manic depression. It finally got the best of him.
terapined
terapined
April 28th, 2024 at 1:41:41 PM permalink

This is a snapshot into the MDawg mind.

Sad, so sad.

When so many people say the guy rubs them the wrong way what does that say about the guy?

Sad, so sad (2nd verse)
link to original post

I agree
So sensitive regarding his own suspensions
So aggressive trying to get others suspended with constant whining about perceived insults
Suspensions is a Mdawg game he revels in
He trashes everyone outside of the forum on his own lonely forum
The obsession really rubs me the wrong way
Nathan criticizes me for not accepting an olive branch yet she posts on the Dawgs insult WOV forum
What's up with that?????
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 1:46:56 PM permalink
Why is it so hard for you to abide the WOV rules?

Where you are importing drama from isn't my forum first of all, I'm not even an admin there, just a regular member. And you're free to go over there and post whatever you like, or post whatever you like on one of the other forums. There are multiple people trashing you on multiple forums, why not bring all of that over here if you're so hell bent on importing drama. 🎭

It's a one way street you may protest and groan all you like about what's going on elsewhere you're not going to goad me into responding other than to say that the drama you're importing should be addressed or mentioned on those other forums, not here.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
SOOPOOterapinedJohnzimbo
April 28th, 2024 at 4:59:51 PM permalink
What there needs to be is a suspension worthy rule that one also CANNOT EXPORT drama from WOV.

Going to another forum and saying the nastiest things, then hiding behind the no import drama rule is....?

Fill in the blank
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 113
April 28th, 2024 at 5:06:23 PM permalink
Thanks for the shout out over there for once, but that's enough I guess. You guys talk about WOV over there every day, there's no control over that here. My words get parsed and sliced and mismatched between forums, so quoting out of context is all that happens.
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 5:42:11 PM permalink

What there needs to be is a suspension worthy rule that one also CANNOT EXPORT drama from WOV.

Going to another forum and saying the nastiest things, then hiding behind the no import drama rule is....?

Fill in the blank
link to original post

What you seem to be implying is that it is cowardly to post whatever over there when discussion of it is not allowed here due to the "importing drama rule."

I'd say that what's cowardly is posting content from another forum here with the express intent to stir sh*t, knowing full well that the intended target's hands are tied cannot discuss it here without getting muzzled/suspended.

The thing to do is to go over there and address whatever has been said, if you have a problem with it. That's the brave thing to do, address whatever with your gloves off where everyone is on equal footing and bare knuckle fighting is the norm.

Right or wrong one forum cannot police what goes on at another. There are WOV forum members who have posted veiled or not death threats against other WOV forum members, I have never done anything like that. If we can't take action against that, because apparently the "rule" is that only death threats against WOV admin are actionable, then why should we be forced over here to listen to minor dirty laundry from other forums? Just go over there and handle your business mano a mano if it bothers you so much.

This is news to you lol? this has been going on at the other forums for years before I even arrived at the scene. There's this thing called...the internet? which like it or not is bigger than just one forum.

The rules are the WOV rules, if you participate here it is implied that you consent to following them.
darkoz
darkoz
April 28th, 2024 at 5:53:36 PM permalink

Fill in the blank
link to original post

What you seem to be implying is that it is cowardly to post whatever over there when discussion of it is not allowed here due to the "importing drama rule."

I'd say that what's cowardly is posting content from another forum here with the express intent to stir sh*t, knowing full well that the intended target's hands are tied cannot discuss it here without getting muzzled/suspended.

The thing to do is to go over there and address whatever has been said, if you have a problem with it. That's the brave thing to do, address whatever with your gloves off where everyone is on equal footing and bare knuckle fighting is the norm.

Right or wrong one forum cannot police what goes on at another.

This is news to you lol? this has been going on at the other forums for years before I even arrived at the scene. There's this thing called...the internet? which like it or not is bigger than just one forum
link to original post

I am pretty certain the whole point of the no import drama rule as well as the rules against profanity insults etc is to create a harmonious environment for WOV members, a choice made by management.

Those who post here enjoying this atmosphere shouldn't be goaded by bullies with taunts at other forums as that clearly dismantled the purpose of the rules for this environment.

Your very comments that "bravery" equals "bare knuckles" (and let's face facts, that's internet warrior, until you show up at an actual WOV meet and start swinging at best all you swing now is bare fingertips) shows where you sit on this issue,that your purpose IS to stir the pot, then hide behind running like a B. (That's baby) to another forum.

Be brave and keep stuff here.

And no I am not calling you a baby, but your actions are definitely babyish. ("Oh yeah, meet me after school because if we fight here we get in trouble")
MDawg
MDawg
April 28th, 2024 at 5:58:23 PM permalink
The reality is that each forum has its own rules of engagement.
  • Jump to: