• Threads: 142
September 10th, 2023 at 8:34:02 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I don't watch the NFL anymore
I only watch one team, Coach Primes team
Besides
I've been suspended here so many times simply for being honest
link to original post

Fair enough. It would be great to have you if you decide to be a Week 2 entrant (you will have already used your Skip Week) and you could also PM me your Picks on DT should you find yourself Suspended here, but ONLY if you find yourself Suspended here.

It sure would be nice to have you back, though. I don't recall ever Suspending you when I was an Admin. If I did, then you must have flagrantly broken a rule because I always remember you adding tremendous value to the forum when you participated a lot.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
September 10th, 2023 at 9:16:18 AM permalink
I hope that when I get older I'll be able to let go of a thought or talking point without repeating it ad nauseam. Is that sort of stubbornness a necessary corollary of age, or is that kind of thing only apparent in some older folks?

Of course we all know of at least one younger guy who is worse with that sort of thing than anyone else period, but, in general is this an older person's phenomenon?
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
September 10th, 2023 at 9:22:50 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

I hope that when I get older I'll be able to let go of a thought or talking point without repeating it ad nauseam. Is that sort of stubbornness a necessary corollary of age, or is that kind of thing only apparent in some older folks?

Of course we all know of at least one younger guy who is worse with that sort of thing than anyone else period, but, in general is this an older person's phenomenon?
link to original post

Have you read any of your posts? They seem to say the same things or are repetitive posts. You know playing results, watches, weather reports, etc. To me, kinda boring.

tuttigym
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
MDawg
September 10th, 2023 at 10:07:12 AM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

Have you read any of your posts? They seem to say the same things or are repetitive posts. You know playing results, watches, weather reports, etc. To me, kinda boring.

tuttigym
link to original post

Who cares. Your post is non-informative and unnecessary.

How do you like it, you want me to do that after all your posts? It can be arranged..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MDawg
MDawg
September 10th, 2023 at 10:08:19 AM permalink
T.Gym, a weather report, can't be the same every time. Nor may a session results report, nor the mention of the purchase of a different watch.

It makes sense that you didn't understand my post.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
MDawg
September 10th, 2023 at 10:30:16 AM permalink

T.Gym, a weather report, can't be the same every time. Nor may a session results report, nor the mention of the purchase of a different watch.

link to original post

Pay no attention to him. He thinks his job here is to tell everybody which posts are relevant and which posts are not and we're just supposed to put up with him doing this. Yeah, I don't think so.
MDawg
MDawg
September 10th, 2023 at 11:05:40 AM permalink
And he's not the only one....

Like the ones who think they have to speak out for truth, justice and the American way, most every time they pop in to the forum. We had one of those on another forum who turned out to be making the most fraudulent posts of all.
Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 10, 2023
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
September 10th, 2023 at 12:03:50 PM permalink

link to original post

I see it a bit.
Age seems to be a common concurrent characteristic, but not the primary causal characteristic.

I think you could get over it, but most of the people who successfully get over it have to put in some effort to change.
May the cards fall in your favor.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 10th, 2023 at 5:40:14 PM permalink

link to original post

This from a guy who posted about a challenge he was offering in XXX consecutive posts?

Just teasing….. it certainly seems to increase with age…
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 11th, 2023 at 1:28:28 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

tuttigym
link to original post

Who cares. Your post is non-informative and unnecessary.

How do you like it, you want me to do that after all your posts? It can be arranged..
link to original post

I seem to have hit a nerve, EB. You need to chill and try to be relevant like your food posts. Otherwise for me, it's yada yada yada.

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 11th, 2023 at 1:31:55 PM permalink

link to original post

Pay no attention to him. He thinks his job here is to tell everybody which posts are relevant and which posts are not and we're just supposed to put up with him doing this. Yeah, I don't think so.
link to original post

It IS one of my "jobs." I am tuttigym.

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 11th, 2023 at 1:42:20 PM permalink

link to original post

It can't? LV weather report: April 1 to Oct.31: hot, dry, sunny with a 2% chance of rain.

You don't report sessions, just results. (+ or - $$)

Watch purchase: Went to the Rolex dealer; he was out; walked.

What you seem to not understand is that the above are NOT "adventures."

tuttigym
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2023 at 4:23:30 PM permalink

You need to chill and try to be relevant like your food posts. Otherwise for me, it's yada yada yada.

tuttigym
link to original post

And who's going to be the judge of what's relevant and what's not. You? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 11th, 2023 at 5:56:50 PM permalink
EvenBob, tuttigym...

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic/18435-miscellaneous-discussion-thread/315/#post899819

I really don't care which thread you're butting heads in.
It's probably off topic, a.k.a. thread hijacking.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2023 at 7:22:35 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

EvenBob, tuttigym...

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic/18435-miscellaneous-discussion-thread/315/#post899819

link to original post

I hate to sound like a fifth grader, but I'm forced to. He started it. He keeps chiming in on every thread saying this post is irrelevant and that post is irrelevant. Who is he to decide, what does his opinion have to do with anything. This is a conversation we have on this forum, it's not a competition for who can be the most relevant, whatever that means.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 11th, 2023 at 7:48:00 PM permalink

EvenBob, tuttigym...

link to original post

I hate to sound like a fifth grader, but I'm forced to. He started it. He keeps chiming in on every thread saying this post is irrelevant and that post is irrelevant. Who is he to decide, what does his opinion have to do with anything. This is a conversation we have on this forum, it's not a competition for who can be the most relevant, whatever that means.
link to original post

I don't care who started it.
I care that you both seem to be continuing it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2023 at 7:49:45 PM permalink

EvenBob, tuttigym...

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Is posting a meme mooning a moderator considered an infraction?
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 11th, 2023 at 8:06:51 PM permalink

EvenBob, tuttigym...

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Oh for crying out loud.
Each infraction is handled on a case by case basis.

Which moderator and how funny it is may be factors considered. Principal McGee wants me to remind you that the laboratory in Washington has experts on those kinds of identifications.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
September 12th, 2023 at 6:55:11 AM permalink

link to original post

Maybe you should just try it to see what happens.
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 12th, 2023 at 7:06:09 AM permalink

link to original post

Dieter, this was the post that HIJACKED this thread. You seemed to turn a blind eye here.

My response was to show how MDawg's posts were virtually the same and repetitive. You, Dieter, even provided a semi-supportive post for the Dawg's post.

It did escalate from there.

In conclusion, the "first team" hijacker should have been MDawg with "honorable mention" to EB and tuttigym for the scolding.

tuttigym
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
September 12th, 2023 at 7:52:49 AM permalink

Dieter, this was the post that HIJACKED this thread. You seemed to turn a blind eye here.

My response was to show how MDawg's posts were virtually the same and repetitive. You, Dieter, even provided a semi-supportive post for the Dawg's post.

In conclusion, the "first team" hijacker should have been MDawg with "honorable mention" to EB and tuttigym for the scolding.

tuttigym
link to original post

The 'first team" hijacker is not the person who necessarily receives a penalty for hi-jacking. A single off-topic post is usually not a problem. It's the people or person who just keeps posting over and over to carry on an off-topic conversation or worse, a feud or vendetta against another member that is the person who is disrupting the forum the most.

EvenBob keeps trying to shutdown his 'conversations' with you, and it's you (tuttigym) who persists in scolding and harassing EB. Tuttigym, you complain that the moderators keep targeting you for suspension, but perhaps you should stop painting a bullseye on your chest.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 12th, 2023 at 9:21:14 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

tuttigym
link to original post

The 'first team" hijacker is not the person who necessarily receives a penalty for hi-jacking. A single off-topic post is usually not a problem. It's the people or person who just keeps posting over and over to carry on an off-topic conversation or worse, a feud or vendetta against another member that is the person who is disrupting the forum the most.

EvenBob keeps trying to shutdown his 'conversations' with you, and it's you (tuttigym) who persists in scolding and harassing EB. Tuttigym, you complain that the moderators keep targeting you for suspension, but perhaps you should stop painting a bullseye on your chest.
link to original post

I think you have to re-visit the posting sequence. MDawg; my response; MDawg; my response; then EB trying to get even; and so it went. EB trying to "shut down"? Where?

BTW "hijacking" is "hijacking." You mods get to draw the line, I know, and you get the last word too. So...... moving on.

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 12th, 2023 at 9:45:01 AM permalink
Well, somebody needs to get banned so we have something to talk about in this thread.....
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 12th, 2023 at 9:55:09 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Well, somebody needs to get banned so we have something to talk about in this thread.....
link to original post

You go first.

tuttigym
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 232
September 12th, 2023 at 10:07:32 AM permalink
𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙛 - it's some kinna huge and important issue if somebody gets suspended for 3 days

Please don't feed the trolls
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
September 12th, 2023 at 10:20:47 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙛 - it's some kinna huge and important issue if somebody gets suspended for 3 days

link to original post

In the immortal words of Joe Strummer.
Three days ain't no sentence, and one year ain't no time
I was born in Angola, doing fourteen to ninety-nine.

I salute the mods on the job they are doing. Transitioning the forum from a gambling one, with some world-class forumites to whatever this is now in less than three years couldn't have been easy.
Congratulations, you now have the forum you wanted.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 232
September 12th, 2023 at 12:11:57 PM permalink
in fairness to the Mods - I believe they're between a rock and a hard place

I have no doubt that they intensely dislike some of the outrageous claims made here

but the right of members to say whatever they want and not be insulted comes down from the Wizard

so, they do what's expected of them - I'm sure it's often not fun or easy - maybe it's fun sometimes

so, to the Mods - for all you do_______________𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝘽𝙪𝙙'𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪

Please don't feed the trolls
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 12th, 2023 at 12:59:14 PM permalink

link to original post

You go first.

tuttigym
link to original post

I'm sure it'll happen if/when EvenBob starts another educated guessing method thread.
MDawg
MDawg
September 12th, 2023 at 1:44:32 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

Sandinista! has some good songs on it. (It also goes on and on, more than a bit long winded with what I consider filler songs.) That one you quote wasn't written by The Clash though.

Still, even if you got it wrong, you got me to think about an album I haven't thought about in years, and for that, I salute you!

It is suspected that the original performer, James Waynes, was the actual songwriter.
Several sources indicate this song was known and performed by prisoners at the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola long before James Wayne recorded it. In any event, Bob Shad did copyright it on July 6, 1951 using the aliases Robert Ellen & Mack Ellen.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
AxelWolf
September 12th, 2023 at 3:12:10 PM permalink

link to original post

I'll take one for the team :-)
Suspension is meaningless to me ROTFL

MDAWG SUCKS
I Believe he's ruined the forum for a variety of reasons
I would bet money that he's sent more PM's to Mods complaining then any other member
Suspend me
I don't care. I barely post here or DT
I only stopped by out of curiosity to check out a Wizard Burning Man update
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 12th, 2023 at 3:56:37 PM permalink

link to original post

MDAWG SUCKS
I would bet money that he's sent more PM's to Mods complaining then any other member
Suspend me
link to original post

(sigh)
Duration TBD; discussion is in order.

I have no idea how one would check on the PM's; private messages are private.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
MDawg
September 12th, 2023 at 6:23:45 PM permalink

Quote: billryan

link to original post

Sandinista! has some good songs on it. (It also goes on and on, more than a bit long winded with what I consider filler songs.) That one you quote wasn't written by The Clash though.

Still, even if you got it wrong, you got me to think about an album I haven't thought about in years, and for that, I salute you!

It is suspected that the original performer, James Waynes, was the actual songwriter.
Several sources indicate this song was known and performed by prisoners at the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola long before James Wayne recorded it. In any event, Bob Shad did copyright it on July 6, 1951 using the aliases Robert Ellen & Mack Ellen.

link to original post

I heard it out of Joe's mouth 👍, so to me, it's his words. I always thought it was about the country, which makes sense .
The important thing is I learned something new today. Two things , actually. I also learned my new house is almost directly on the flight approach for mercy helicopters, and they appear to be busy.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 13th, 2023 at 6:39:37 AM permalink

Thank you for your service.

Quote:

MDAWG SUCKS
Suspend me
link to original post

MDawg posts A LOT of filler, but I don't think it's "ruined" the forum because he keeps it mostly confined to his own thread.

There are a couple other people that I would say have done far more to "ruin" the forum than MDawg.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
September 13th, 2023 at 9:26:16 AM permalink
Like that Coachbelly dude?
MDawg
MDawg
September 13th, 2023 at 9:58:15 AM permalink
Everyone contributes something here in some way. Whether it's functional or dysfunctional it's still a sort of family.

CoachBelly was good because he kept people on their toes with a methodical approach to unearthing the truth, verging on Socratic.

If you're going to start banning people because they are stubborn and won't let go of their opinions might as well start banning most everyone here. Put the wrong person in charge or ease up on the free speech and you run the risk of nothing but Clones Like Me running around all saying mostly the same thing.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
September 13th, 2023 at 12:08:58 PM permalink

MDAWG SUCKS
Suspend me
link to original post

I've communicated with terapined outside the forum, asking him if I may interpret his post as an indefinite resignation. He had no problem with that, so that's what I'm doing. As a reminder, he may apply to return anytime after 30 days. The request may or not may accepted, depending on whether he can contribute in a manner other than trolling.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
September 16th, 2023 at 8:29:52 AM permalink
The man told no lie though.

I’m sure bill knew he had it coming after that one, but all the same: death, taxes, and gordo suspending billryan.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
MichaelBluejay
September 24th, 2023 at 1:41:58 PM permalink
I am annoumcing that rxwine is being suspended for 3 days for starting a thread "IS EVENBOB STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE HIS OWN GAMBLING CLAIMS?" which is a violation of Rule 12. Dieter has already announced the closure of this thread. Thread Closure Announcement

To repeat: Rule 12
Members may not be overly divisive or abusive to another member. This includes starting a thread only for the purpose of attacking another member.

I want everyone to clearly understand that starting a thread to attack another member is a rule violation that will almost automatically draw a suspension. Any subsequent occurrences will be in jeopardy of drawing penalties lengthier than 3 days.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
TigerWuOnceDear
September 24th, 2023 at 1:56:56 PM permalink
rxwine is one of the few remaining members here who's posts make it worthwhile anyone's time spent around

But EB is still around posting his usual mmm...posts
Wonder if there will come a time when eb will remain the sole poster around huh.
Makes me chuckle.

Here's a proposition, make trolls obvious, expose them. Everyone participate, mods, admins, all; don't be shy.
Make them pay for their lil games. There are like 1 or 2 trolls left anyway. 1 major one. Make him put up or shut up.
Suspending excellent members like rxwine for giving in to their emotions about trolls ain't right.
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
September 24th, 2023 at 2:01:39 PM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

rxwine is one of the few remaining members here who's posts make it worthwhile anyone's time spent around
link to original post

I agree with you that rxwine is an outstanding member and IMO he almost always displays good common sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
September 24th, 2023 at 2:19:42 PM permalink
Maybe each moderator could answer the question of the title of the thread. (I voted Yes.)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 24th, 2023 at 2:26:40 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Maybe each moderator could answer the question of the title of the thread. (I voted Yes.)
link to original post

That would seem immoderate.

I have - repeatedly - offered to review plays that seem "curious".
I have - repeatedly - had my offers declined.

If I'm out if line (hijacking?), as usual, complain, and I'll go on hiatus. I've got chips to wash, anyway.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 24th, 2023 at 2:42:56 PM permalink
Gordon, are you also going to suspend rawtuff for posting "Suspending excellent members like rxwine for giving in to their emotions about trolls ain't right?"

Egad, he referred to the "secret" word at WoV: "troll."

We all know that truth is no defense.

For example, were I to say "EB is a troll and provides no value to this board" I'd get suspended, right?

Of course I'd never say such a thing...EB is the premier poster here so you guys must find SOME value to his screeds.
"What, me worry?"
rawtuff
rawtuff
September 24th, 2023 at 2:53:26 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Gordon, are you also going to suspend rawtuff for posting "Suspending excellent members like rxwine for giving in to their emotions about trolls ain't right?"

Egad, he referred to the "secret" word at WoV: "troll."

We all know that truth is no defense.

For example, were I to say "EB is a troll and provides no value to this board" I'd get suspended, right?

Of course I'd never say such a thing...EB is the premier poster here so you guys must find SOME value to his screeds.
link to original post

I think I edited my post after Gordon saw the brief of it so he might as well.
But I didn't specify which troll I'm referring to, yeah? :)
Rxwine could have been affected by someone else before he opened the suspension worthy thread. :)
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 24th, 2023 at 2:56:26 PM permalink
Rawstuff, I don't want you to get suspended, I referred to you to make a point about moderation on this board.
"What, me worry?"
rawtuff
rawtuff
September 24th, 2023 at 3:00:13 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Rawstuff, I don't want you to get suspended, I referred to you to make a point about moderation on this board.
link to original post

I know.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
September 24th, 2023 at 3:28:34 PM permalink
I also don't want to suspend rawtuff.

I do remember the original incident in which a member was suspended for using the word troll but I also thought at the time that it was an unusual decision (i was not a moderator at the time.). I personally feel that the word 'troll' is part of the language of social media, like spammer or sock-puppet, and is helpful/necessary in describing certain types of behavior. So don't look for me to slap people around for using the word troll -however if you use any word (such as 'troll' or 'banana') repetitively in a mocking and taunting manner to describe a member then you might be in jeopardy of a suspension for bullying (or even trolling, lol.)
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Sep 25, 2023
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
September 25th, 2023 at 6:08:24 AM permalink

I also don't want to suspend rawstuff.

I do remember the original incident in which a member was suspended for using the word troll but I also thought at the time that it was an unusual decision (i was not a moderator at the time.). I personally feel that the word 'troll' is part of the language of social media, like spammer or sock-puppet, and is helpful/necessary in describing certain types of behavior. So don't look for me to slap people around for using the word troll -however if you use any word (such as 'troll' or 'banana') repetitively in a mocking and taunting manner to describe a member then you might be in jeopardy of a suspension for bullying (or even trolling, lol.)
link to original post

Please suspend yourself for the obviously derogatory reference to rawtuff as ‘rawstuff’. How would you like it if I referred to you as Gordsonm? I mean, really, if you are discussing suspending someone at least know his name!!!! You better never call me SOOPsOO.

Just teasing of course……
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
September 25th, 2023 at 11:27:32 AM permalink

link to original post

Quite right too.
Thanks for the further definition of Troll / Trolling

Yesterday, I became familiar with a new pair of slang words that relate to internet posting behaviour.
Of necessity, I need to use a mild expletive for one of the terms and I will take any penalty.

Quote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitposting

Shitposting / Trashposting
Shitposting or Trashposting is the act of using an online forum or social media page to post content that is satirical and of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality"; it may be considered an online analog of trash talk.[1] Shitposts are generally intentionally designed to derail discussions or cause the biggest reaction with the least effort. It may even sometimes be orchestrated as part of a co-ordinated flame war to render a website unusable by its regular visitors.

Seems a subset or variation of trolling.
Do we have anyone on this forum that does that?

"Satirical"? Maybe not.
"aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality" ? Maybe some posts fit that description?
"intentionally designed to derail discussions or cause the biggest reaction with the least effort." ? Hard to say.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
September 25th, 2023 at 11:32:14 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

link to original post

Quite right too.
Thanks for the further definition of Troll / Trolling

Yesterday, I became familiar with a new pair of slang words that relate to internet posting behaviour.
Of necessity, I need to use a mild expletive for one of the terms and I will take any penalty.

Quote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitposting

Shitposting / Trashposting
Shitposting or Trashposting is the act of using an online forum or social media page to post content that is satirical and of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality"; it may be considered an online analog of trash talk.[1] Shitposts are generally intentionally designed to derail discussions or cause the biggest reaction with the least effort. It may even sometimes be orchestrated as part of a co-ordinated flame war to render a website unusable by its regular visitors.

Seems a subset or variation of trolling.
Do we have anyone on this forum that does that?

"Satirical"? Maybe not.
"aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality" ? Maybe some posts fit that description?
"intentionally designed to derail discussions or cause the biggest reaction with the least effort." ? Hard to say.
link to original post

I’d say between 2 and 5% of my posts fit into that category.
  • Jump to: