Thread Rating:

Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
August 31st, 2023 at 2:39:59 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Not to be a party pooper, but just because AxelWolf had the extreme bad taste to compare people to Hitler is no reason to start discussing Wolf or Herr Wolf (those were two of Hitler's self-adopted nicknames, surprised?) in a way that makes light of what he did in history. That was a dark time for German people and I doubt too many of them today look back on that era fondly.
link to original post

Sorry to have missed this before, but that's clearly comparing AxelWolf to Hitler - although rather more obliquely.
Let's say 3 days to start, and mods know my PM's are open for lobbying (if there's a case for more).

Complaints about my irredeemable muttonheadedness may be filed with the usual suspects.
May the cards fall in your favor.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 31st, 2023 at 2:45:30 PM permalink
Man, it's like VE day in this forum...
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
August 31st, 2023 at 2:49:52 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Quote: billryan

Why? Perhaps you can give us your definition of a dictator?
link to original post

Dictator

Queen Victoria was a constitutional monarch.
link to original post

Then what was Leopold? Lots of Royalty on those lists- just not the right one.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan 
August 31st, 2023 at 3:03:52 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Quote: tuttigym

Walt Disney was renown in Hollywood and in other circles for his antisemitism. He was quite the bigot

tuttigym

back in the day Hollywood

if you formed a line of all of the Directors, Producers, Actors and Actresses who were racist and/or anti-semitic:

it would be several blocks long

link to original post

Which I find amazing considering that the industry was dominated by jewish men.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 31st, 2023 at 3:27:52 PM permalink

link to original post

Dictator

link to original post

link to original post

Some Kings were indeed in charge of their countries. Others were figureheads as part of a constitutional monarchy. The British kings and queens are largely ornamental and used for ceremonial purposes. During Elizabeth's reign she one time tried to break with convention and speak out publicly about a foreign policy difference with the government - I think her statements were that Great Britain should publicly denounce apartheid even though South Africa was an important trading partner. The Queen was denounced by the prime minister and by all the British newspapers for her inappropriate interference with the elected government. And she never again did that.

What you are doing is like blaming the celebrity in baseball games who throws out the ceremonial first pitch for the players' brawl that breaks out in the 8th inning.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
billryan
billryan 
August 31st, 2023 at 3:43:07 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

link to original post

Dictator

link to original post

link to original post

Some Kings were indeed in charge of their countries. Others were figureheads as part of a constitutional monarchy. The British kings and queens are largely ornamental and used for ceremonial purposes. During Elizabeth's reign she one time tried to break with convention and speak out publicly about a foreign policy difference with the government - I think her statements were that Great Britain should publicly denounce apartheid even though South Africa was an important trading partner. The Queen was denounced by the prime minister and by all the British newspapers for her inappropriate interference with the elected government. And she never again did that.

What you are doing is like blaming the celebrity in baseball games who throws out the ceremonial first pitch for the players' brawl that breaks out in the 8th inning.
link to original post

Bullcrap. England has had many Kings and Queens. A few may have been mad, and Henry may have been homicidal, but only one practiced genocide.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 31st, 2023 at 6:57:40 PM permalink
Which king liked fractions?

Henry the 1/8
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 1st, 2023 at 6:14:06 AM permalink

link to original post

Dictator

link to original post

link to original post

You need to go back and look at the title of that first list. It says "leaders" not "dictators." Leopold II of Belgium was a monarch, not a dictator.
billryan
billryan 
September 1st, 2023 at 7:20:30 AM permalink

link to original post

Dictator

link to original post

link to original post

You need to go back and look at the title of that first list. It says "leaders" not "dictators." Leopold II of Belgium was a monarch, not a dictator.
link to original post

I have no ideas what you are arguing. Vickie shouldn't be on the list because she is a monarch, but then there are monarchs on the list.
Then she shouldn't be on it because she isn't a leader.
She was an evil person who slaughtered millions of people. Any list of whomever was responsible for the most tremendous loss of life that doesn't include her is incomplete and anyone who defends her is ignorant, at best.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 1st, 2023 at 7:28:23 AM permalink

I have no ideas what you are arguing. Vickie shouldn't be on the list because she is a monarch, but then there are monarchs on the list.
Then she shouldn't be on it because she isn't a leader.
She was an evil person who slaughtered millions of people. Any list of whomever was responsible for the most tremendous loss of life that doesn't include her is incomplete and anyone who defends her is ignorant, at best.
link to original post

I actually misread that original list whenever it was first posted, so the confusion is partly my fault.

All I have been trying to argue from the beginning is that Victoria isn't a dictator. That's it. I'm not saying she's not responsible for the death of however many people, I'm just saying that she isn't, by definition, a dictator.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
September 1st, 2023 at 10:32:16 AM permalink

link to original post

Dictator

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Quite apart from encouraging the hijacking of this thread, with encouragement from the mods, are we now entering the topic of politics? And which Queen Elizabeth are y'all having a go at? We did have two and the first one was no angel.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
MDawg
September 1st, 2023 at 10:45:44 AM permalink
FAO Dieter and Gordon

MDAWG has a one day Get Out Of Jail Early Credit.
I understand that he would like to spend it on his current incarceration.

Quote: Dieter

MDawg, I am very sorry for the misunderstanding.
Please accept a 1 day penalty credit against future infractions.
link to original post

Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
September 1st, 2023 at 11:01:16 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

FAO Dieter and Gordon

MDAWG has a one day Get Out Of Jail Early Credit.
I understand that he would like to spend it on his current incarceration.

MDawg, I am very sorry for the misunderstanding.
Please accept a 1 day penalty credit against future infractions.
link to original post

link to original post

MDawg has been released.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
September 1st, 2023 at 11:05:40 AM permalink
It didn't occur to me that by listing Hitler's nicknames I was trying to imply that AxelWolf is pro-Hitler, but in re-reading it I can see how Dieter got that idea.

I apologize to the forum if anyone thinks that I meant that, because the point of my post was that Hitler was a bad dude and should NOT be discussed further in a way that makes light of him.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
September 1st, 2023 at 6:49:15 PM permalink

It didn't occur to me that by listing Hitler's nicknames I was trying to imply that AxelWolf is pro-Hitler, but in re-reading it I can see how Dieter got that idea.

I apologize to the forum if anyone thinks that I meant that, because the point of my post was that Hitler was a bad dude and should NOT be discussed further in a way that makes light of him.
link to original post

I totally believe this as credible because the first time I read it I made no connection between the Wolf nickname and AxelWolf.

In fact my first connection was Ilsa, She wolf of the SS which is a Nazi exploitation film from the 70's (surprisingly pretty good).

And Rob Zombie did a werewolves of the SS fake trailer.

Calling themselves wolves was a part of the Nazi lexicon at least as far as Hollywood was concerned.

At any rate it wasn't until I saw Dieters suspension the possible connection hit me as well.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
September 2nd, 2023 at 2:53:35 AM permalink

because the point of my post was that Hitler was a bad dude and should NOT be discussed further in a way that makes light of him.

I just couldn't resist

this was produced by Mel Brooks, a Jewish guy - that's how humans deal with horrible stuff - mockery and laughter

Please don't feed the trolls
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 2nd, 2023 at 4:26:49 AM permalink

because the point of my post was that Hitler was a bad dude and should NOT be discussed further in a way that makes light of him.

I just couldn't resist

this was produced by Mel Brooks, a Jewish guy - that's how humans deal with horrible stuff - mockery and laughter

link to original post

Funny, he doesn't look Jewish...
(Hard to resist.)
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
September 2nd, 2023 at 4:54:27 AM permalink

I just couldn't resist

link to original post

(Hard to resist.)
link to original post

I don't think you were serious with that comment

Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 2nd, 2023 at 6:49:57 AM permalink

(Hard to resist.)
link to original post

I don't think you were serious with that comment

link to original post

;)

Sadly, this is off topic for the DSL thread, so we'll have to move along before the mods wake up.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 2nd, 2023 at 6:53:12 AM permalink

I just couldn't resist

link to original post

I do enjoy Mel Brooks shows.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 2nd, 2023 at 8:21:59 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I do enjoy Mel Brooks shows.
link to original post

Mel Brooks was a guest on Zach Galifianakis show Two Ferns and Zach asked Mel Brooks, so, what's your beef with Hitler anyway. Mel Brooks quite literally almost fell off his chair laughing, and it's hard to get one of those old time comedians laughing like that.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan 
September 2nd, 2023 at 8:27:57 AM permalink
I knew Brooks was involved in Get Smart, but I was surprised his first writing job was back in 1950. Incredible.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 2nd, 2023 at 10:38:52 AM permalink

I knew Brooks was involved in Get Smart, but I was surprised his first writing job was back in 1950. Incredible.
link to original post

Mel Brooks is pushing 100. And when looking that up I discovered that his birthday is June 28th, which is my birthday and the birthday of Elon Musk. So now I have three reasons to be happy.
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
September 2nd, 2023 at 7:33:38 PM permalink
Quote:

Mel Brooks was a guest on Zach Galifianakis show...

Martin Short as Jiminy Glick at 4:45
Freeme
Freeme
  • Threads: 0
September 3rd, 2023 at 5:29:56 AM permalink
Can I please come back, I am no longer mad and am a different person.

When I was Trolling and creating socks here, I did so because I was told this was an unrestricted website where you can Troll hard with no consequences, a truly no holds barred, free for all place.

In my defense, a lot of my socks were when I was not in my right mind, I was devastated over being kicked out of WOV over a one time fed up cussing rant that I apologized for multiple times. In 2019 when I was Trolling hard on WOV , that's the same year I was permanently kicked out of WOV so I was going on a lot of creepy rants about WOV. I was bitter about my permanent banning from WOV.

Please, I’ll behave, I Promise.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 3rd, 2023 at 5:42:49 AM permalink
Quote: Freeme

When I was Trolling and creating socks here, I did so because I was told this was an unrestricted website where you can Troll hard with no consequences, a truly no holds barred, free for all place.

In my defense, a lot of my socks were when I was not in my right mind, I was devastated over being kicked out of WOV over a one time fed up cussing rant that I apologized for multiple times. In 2019 when I was Trolling hard on WOV , that's the same year I was permanently kicked out of WOV so I was going on a lot of creepy rants about WOV. I was bitter about my permanent banning from WOV.

link to original post

New phone, who dis?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
September 3rd, 2023 at 5:44:52 AM permalink

link to original post

What was your original forum name?
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
September 3rd, 2023 at 6:03:39 AM permalink
Clearly Kentry/Nathan. Not sure I get a say, but I'm going with "NO".
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
OnceDear
September 3rd, 2023 at 6:16:49 AM permalink

link to original post

I believe this to be a duplicate account of a previously banned member, and I am invoking the nuclear option.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 3rd, 2023 at 7:45:08 AM permalink

link to original post

I believe this to be a duplicate account of a previously banned member, and I am invoking the nuclear option.
link to original post

Now what on earth would make you come to that conclusion?!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 3rd, 2023 at 8:53:00 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

... can you believe some people think I lack a sense of humor?
MDawg
MDawg
September 3rd, 2023 at 11:14:17 AM permalink
The one unforgivable WOV offense is to create a sock puppet, so to return in the guise of a sock seeking forgiveness or otherwise just nails the coffin tighter.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 3rd, 2023 at 12:09:19 PM permalink
Ah, but WOV isn't her only outlet, so let's not pity her..

As an example, elsewhere she is posting a story she wrote, probably the worst bit of fiction since "The Election Was Stolen," about Axl Rose, time travel, and doppelgangers.

Truly hideous, but she keeps plugging away at her keyboard, her message of mediocrity trumpeting through the ether of cyberspace.
Last edited by: MrV on Sep 3, 2023
"What, me worry?"
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
September 3rd, 2023 at 12:37:34 PM permalink
These Real Housewives of whatever don't just show up out of nowhere, they have to have a time travel machine.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
September 3rd, 2023 at 4:58:59 PM permalink

Quote: ams288

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

... can you believe some people think I lack a sense of humor?
link to original post

As serious as a heart attack...
Too soon?
:)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 3rd, 2023 at 9:13:32 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

As serious as a heart attack...
Too soon?
:)
link to original post

(groan)
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
OnceDear
September 5th, 2023 at 1:52:07 AM permalink
I was sorry to see that Bill was suspended
I find many of his posts and comments interesting and insightful
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
Thanked by
EvenBobdarkozMichaelBluejay
September 5th, 2023 at 5:12:02 AM permalink

link to original post

I don't find BillyRyan's comments that insightful but i guess i'm not reading the right threads.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 5th, 2023 at 7:02:45 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

link to original post

I don't find BillyRyan's comments that insightful but i guess i'm not reading the right threads.
link to original post

Post of the day! No, post of the week!
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 5th, 2023 at 7:31:30 AM permalink
Maybe if BillRyan started a thread about a gambling guessing system strategy method people would find him more insightful.
MDawg
MDawg
September 5th, 2023 at 7:47:10 AM permalink

link to original post

Most of BillRyan's posts are in a sarcastic tone, and you may practically hear the very tired or very bored voice behind them.

I don't hear that sort of tired or bored voice behind your posts, but some of your posts tend to be sarcastic too.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
September 5th, 2023 at 9:21:54 AM permalink

link to original post

Most of BillRyan's posts are in a sarcastic tone, and you may practically hear the very tired or very bored voice behind them.

I don't hear that sort of tired or bored voice behind your posts, but some of your posts tend to be sarcastic too.
link to original post

Bill often posts about sports - and he's knowledgeable about sports - which is something I have an interest in
I don't think you have an interest in sports
anyway I don't recall you ever posting re sports
if you did have an interest in this subject - you might view his posts differently

EvenBob
EvenBob
September 5th, 2023 at 10:14:00 AM permalink

Maybe if BillRyan started a thread about a gambling guessing system strategy method people would find him more insightful.
link to original post

Do you really think he has such a wonderful talent? He has kept it well hidden, think how much we can learn from him if this is true.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
OnceDear
September 5th, 2023 at 10:17:02 AM permalink
I like all billryan’s history and story tidbits.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
MDawg
September 5th, 2023 at 10:30:10 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

What's scary is for all the crap you and I give each other we agree on so many things
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
JohnnyQ
September 5th, 2023 at 10:55:03 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

link to original post

Do you really think he has such a wonderful talent? He has kept it well hidden, think how much we can learn from him if this is true.
link to original post

He's playing it smart... if I had a way to beat the house I'd never tell anybody.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
OnceDearJohnnyQ100xOddsodiousgambitSOOPOO
September 5th, 2023 at 10:59:05 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

I like all billryan’s history and story tidbits.
link to original post

I agree. I actually think billryan is a good writer and when he posts to tell a story or to inform people about some topic he is excellent. On those occasions he contributes great content to the forum IMO.

However, IMO, a significant fraction of the time he posts to mock or denigrate people. More than any other person in the forum he is an artist when it comes to circumventing the rule about forbidding personal insults.
1. sometimes he uses sarcasm, so that the words he posts are literally the opposite of what he means.
2. Sometimes he phrases his post as a question so he can't be accused of having made a declarative statement that is an insult.
3. In response to a post, he sometimes makes a general comment about the human condition or about a class of people (say people whose politics he disagrees with) which gives him some degree of deniability that his post was intended as an insult of a specific member.

Perhaps the mods are slow to pull the trigger on this kind of behavior, because we want our decisions to be defensible and seen as fair. And because we want to practice "moderation in moderation."
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Sep 6, 2023
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 5th, 2023 at 11:05:22 AM permalink

Perhaps the mods are slow to pull the trigger on this kind of behavior, because we want our decisions to be defensible and seen as fair. And because we want to practice "moderation in moderation."
link to original post

And perhaps if you got rid of all the facets that make people who they are, this place would be even more boring than it already is. It didn't used to be boring, that's why I got 13,000 posts in the first two and a half years I was here. Then all the interesting subjects were banned and now we're stuck with what we got.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 5th, 2023 at 11:08:35 AM permalink

He's playing it smart... if I had a way to beat the house I'd never tell anybody.
link to original post

Haha, I get it. You are referring to me because I beat the house and I tell everybody. But the thing about that is, it's what I don't tell that's important. It's like having a treasure map and showing it to everybody except there's no place on the map showing exactly where the treasure is. The map is almost useless without that little tidbit of information.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
September 5th, 2023 at 11:28:10 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

link to original post

And perhaps if you got rid of all the facets that make people who they are, this place would be even more boring than it already is. It didn't used to be boring, that's why I got 13,000 posts in the first two and a half years I was here. Then all the interesting subjects were banned and now we're stuck with what we got.
link to original post

Very little can be written upon an empty page.

Less paradoxically, I have no useful advice on cheating boyfriends.
  • Jump to: