Double Double Bonus Poker is a variation of Jacks or Better. It offers a top-heavy pay table compared to most video poker games. There are huge bonus pays for quad aces, 2's, 3's, and 4's that get even bigger if the kicker is one of these cards. There is also a double payout for all other four of a kind. In exchange for these big wins, two pair only returns the original bet. Two pair pays 2-1 in Jacks or Better and some other related games.
How to Play Wizard of Vegas Double Double Bonus Poker
Double Double Bonus starts with the player choosing the number of coins to wager. It is recommended that you play five coins per hand. This gives the bonus payout on a royal flush of 800-1, as opposed to 250-1 for bets of four coins or less.
The Wizard of Vegas Double Double Bonus game offers two buttons that are used for betting; "Bet One" and "Bet Max". The "Bet One" button will increase the wager by one coin until it gets to five. In a casino, some video poker machines would immediately deal once it reaches five. Our machine will reset the bet back to one if the "Bet One" button is clicked again once reaching five coins.
Once the desired bet amount is reached, click the "Deal" button to receive cards. The "Bet Max" button will automatically make a five coin wager and deal the cards.
Once the bet has been made, five cards are dealt. You may click the cards that you wish to keep or use the keyboard shortcuts of C, V, B, N, and M to choose cards from left to right. If you click a card by mistake, the decision may be changed by clicking it again.
If you run out of chips or prefer a bigger balance then the screen may be reloaded. This will reset the number of coins to 1,000.
Other Wizard of Vegas Double Double Bonus Features
Help - Describes all of the features of the game.
More Games - Returns to the Main Menu of 12 Wizard of Vegas free video poker games.
Speed - Changes the speed of the game. Each click moves the speed up one. A click on the fastest speed will reset it to the slowest.
Stats - Displays the number of hands played, coins wagered, coins won, and the return to player percentage.
Edit Paytable - Located above the video poker screen, this feature allows the player to edit the amount that certain hands pay. Our game is set on the highest return found in Las Vegas. Most casinos do not offer this table.
Double Double Bonus Poker Strategy
Below is the basic strategy for Double Double Bonus Poker that pays 10 on a full house and 6 on a flush. This is a full pay table that is tough to find. Always keep a dealt royal flush, straight flush and four of a kind. If dealt quad aces, 2's, 3's, or 4's, and the kicker is not an ace, 2, 3, or 4, discard the kicker in the hopes of hitting the higher payout. The following is the strategy for all other hands. Start at the top until you find the scenario that applies to your hand. The list shows the cards that should be kept in the situation. Discard all others.
- four to a royal flush
- Three aces (discard the bottom pair if dealt a full house with three aces)
- Straight, flush, full house
- Three of a kind with exception of aces, which is ranked higher
- Four to a straight flush
- Pair of aces (break up two pair aces up)
- Two pair
- KQJ suited
- Pair of jacks, queens, or kings
- Suited AKQ, AKJ, AQJ, KQT, KJT, QJT
- Four to a flush
- Three to a royal flush - AKT, AQT, AJT
- Four to an outside straight with one card jack or higher
- Pair of 2's through 10's
- AKQJ unsuited
- four to an outside straight with all cards ten or lower
- Three to an open ended straight flush draw, in which the number of cards jack or higher equals or exceeds number of gaps
- Two suited jack or higher
- Four to an inside straight with three cards jack or higher
- Three to an open ended straight flush draw, with one gap, or two gaps with one high card
- 234 suited
- Three to any five-high straight flush
- KQJ unsuited
- Four to an inside straight with two cards jack or higher
- QJ unsuited
- Bare ace
- JT suited
- KQ or KJ unsuited
- KT or QT suited
- Bare jack, queen, or king
- 3 to a two-gap straight flush containing all cards ten and lower
- 4 to an inside straight with no cards jack or higher
If none of the above applies, discard all five cards.
Double Bonus Poker Paytable
The paytable used for the Wizard of Vegas Double Double Bonus Poker game is the highest that is available in Las Vegas. It returns 100.07%. Our game allows you to edit the paytable to reflect your local casino's game. Below are the payouts based on the one that we offer and represent the payout per coin when five credits are wagered.
- Royal flush: 800 (250 if less than five coins are wagered)
- Straight flush: 50
- Four aces with a 2, 3, or 4 kicker: 400
- Four aces with 5-K kicker: 160
- Four 2's, 3's, or 4's with A, 2, 3, or 4 kicker: 160
- Four 2's, 3, or 4's with 5-K kicker: 80
- Four 5's through kings: 50
- Full house: 10
- Flush: 6
- Straight: 4
- Three of a kind: 3
- Two pair: 1
- Pair of jacks or better: 1