Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 180
November 16th, 2011 at 7:43:01 PM permalink
How many pancakes does it take to fill a doghouse?

How much does a dolphin cost?

How much does the Sun weigh?

I hope I can get some help here.
NO KILL I
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
November 16th, 2011 at 8:00:42 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Assume a medium-sized pancake. For a poodle-sized house, 132,225. For a Labrador retriever, 388,219. No other breeds will tolerate pancakes.

Quote:

Please specify the currency and location. Costs vary.

Quote:

Don't you mean "how often does the Sun weigh?" It is very self-conscious about its weight.

Quote:

You have ... you have ...

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
November 16th, 2011 at 8:12:33 PM permalink

0.00 Kilograms. In the British and American systems, that comes out to 0 pounds and 0 ounces.

Any object in free-fall, as for example a star orbiting a galaxy, is weightless.

If you want to know the mass of the Sun, that's a different question.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 17th, 2011 at 4:00:29 AM permalink
Your answer should have been given in Newtons, the correct unit of measurement for weight. Mass is measured in kg.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
November 17th, 2011 at 9:12:10 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Your answer should have been given in Newtons, the correct unit of measurement for weight. Mass is measured in kg.

In physics Newtons are a measure of force. Weitgh is a kind of force, so it can be stated in Newtons. But so can thrust, another measure of force. In any case, there are kilograms of mass and kilograms of force, which happen to be equivalent under Earth normal conditions. meaning one kilo of mass equals one kilo of weight in Earth's gravitational field. I think there's a similar arrangement for pounds. So measuring your weight in an Earth-bound scale, also measures your mass.

The Sun still has a weight of 0.00 Newtons, 0.00 kilograms and zero pound plus zero ounces.

:P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
November 17th, 2011 at 9:52:36 AM permalink
I lied and voted the have math degree choice. If everyone thinks having a degree in math from the Univ. of Texas dated 1968 makes me ever a math genius, or still a math genius if I ever was, you are mistaken. Can New post anything more unnecessary than this?

I somehow posted this in the wrong thread, or someone moved it. Bad hair day?
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 180
November 17th, 2011 at 2:36:52 PM permalink
Seeing as how this is new age math, I am free to accept the answers that I find most pleasing. Therefore, I choose Ms Gale's answer for pancakes/doghouse. The other answers leave me feeling unsettled, so I choose against them. For now, I will use:

For "How much does a dolphin cost?" the answer will be, "twelve." Large dolphins cost "TWELVE!" (When spoken, you shout this.)

For "How much does the Sun weigh?" I will decide, "The Sun weighs quite a bit, I'm told."

Math is easy, once you get the hang of it.
NO KILL I
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 17th, 2011 at 5:19:16 PM permalink

I understand you can get one for free with the right rod and reel, or net combo. Apparently, it is a growing business.

If the sun were packed into a container the size of basketball, and you put it on the scale at my doctor's office (he has a pretty good scale, with LCD numbers, and metric units), it would read, "2x10^30 kg". Of course you wouldn't actually be able to read the scale since squeezing the sun into a container the size of a basketball would make the sky go dark, and my doctor doesn't work nights (or Wednesdays).
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
SoulChaser
SoulChaser
  • Threads: 2
November 17th, 2011 at 5:49:51 PM permalink

Just one. After that, it's no longer empty.

Cost will vary, but it will be affected by supply and demand in your area.

How much *what* does the Sun weigh? Whatever it is that the Sun weighs, I'm sure it weighs just what it needs and not a bit more.

Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
November 17th, 2011 at 6:16:05 PM permalink
I came here for a look at crazy math, instead I feel as though I've fallen into a Monty Python skit.

But FYI, I'm afraid dolphin (aka mahi-mahi) is $17.99 at the local Red Lobster, comes with 2 choices of side, garden or Caeser salad, and garlic rolls. Prices vary by location. Not available in Alaska or Hawaii.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.

• Jump to: