Pokerfan11
Pokerfan11
  • Threads: 1
January 29th, 2024 at 3:13:28 AM permalink
Hello there,

It's known, in the end after the flop and the river cards you should count less than 21 outs, which beat my cards.

If there are for example two player and the dealer.

For example: There have excactly 21 cards which beat me after flop and river, but the second player has also one of the outs, which beat me. So there are only 20 cards which beat me. Should I play now? or is this like cheating?

Thanks and best regards
Pokerfan11
Pokerfan11
  • Threads: 1
January 29th, 2024 at 3:14:38 AM permalink
Quote: Pokerfan11

Hello there,

It's known, in the end after the flop and the river cards you should count less than 21 outs, which beat my cards.

If there are for example two player and the dealer.

For example: There are excactly 21 cards which beat me after flop and river, but the second player has also one of the outs, which beat me. So there are only 20 cards which beat me. Should I play now? or is this like cheating?

Thanks and best regards
link to original post

aceside
aceside
  • Threads: 2
January 29th, 2024 at 4:56:42 AM permalink
This has been investigated by many people and is called collusion strategy. Most likely you should play because the situation becomes advantageous to you the player now. However, counting out of 21 is only valid at the river and this criterion is roughly correct. It’s a gambling after all.
remen70794
remen70794
  • Threads: 0
January 29th, 2024 at 11:26:10 AM permalink
Hello,

In poker, counting outs is a key part of strategy, not cheating. It's about calculating the probability of improving your hand. If you identify 21 potential outs but know one is held by another player, adjusting to 20 outs is correct. Whether to play depends on the pot odds and your read of the situation, not just the number of outs. Consider the odds of those outs actually improving your hand versus the risk. It's a strategic decision, not unethical.

Best regards.
  • Jump to: