konglify
konglify
  • Threads: 28
January 24th, 2021 at 7:54:35 PM permalink
Hi all,
I played a way game with WILD supported in all reels a long time ago. I find it quite strange to see a WILD symbol in the first reel while the WILD will be paid as well.
Let's make it simple, consider a 3 reel (27) way games. Assuming 3xWI, 2xWI, 3xA, 2xA pays as
3xWI: 100
2xWI: 50
3xA: 30
2xA: 10
3xB: 15
3xC: 10
3xD: 5
3xE: 3
all other combinations do not pay

For the following screen

WI WI WI
B B A
C D E

Since WILD pays and WILD could replace any symbols, it makes it so quite complex to understand how each way is paid. Can I count the following two ways of winning?
(* mean anything irrelevant to the won way)

a)

WI WI WI

b)

WI WI *
* * A

In a) 3xWI pays the highest, so WI does not count as any other symbols. But in b) should WI substitutes A or keep it as WI? Since 2xWI pays higher than 3xA, I think WI in b) does not substitute A, but if that is the case, WI WI have some path overlapped with a) and 3xWI already paid, 2xWI should not be paid again. It is quite confusing!
konglify
konglify
January 24th, 2021 at 8:07:53 PM permalink
By the way, a friend suggests the following way to understand such way game with WILD landing on the first reel. He said if there are any WILD wins, the WILD will be paid first, and then the WILDs substitutes for other symbols for coinciding wins. So in the previous case

WI WI WI

will be paid first. Then WI substitutes A to get the following win

A A A
* * A

1x1x2 = 2 ways to win 3xA with award 2x30 =60 credits. Then WI substitutes B to get the following win

B B B
B B *

2x2x1 = 4 ways to win 3xB with award 4x15=60 credits. Then WI substitutes C to get the following win

C C C
C * *

2x1x1 = 2 ways to win 3xC with award 2x10=20 credits. Then WI substitutes D to get the following win

D D D
* D *

1x2x1 = 2 ways to win 3xD with award 2x5=10 credits. Then WI substitutes E to get the following win

E E E
* * E

1x1x2 = 2 ways win 3xE with award 2x3=6 credits.

Does it make sense? If not, what is the correct way to estimate all winning combinations? Thanks.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 24th, 2021 at 8:35:06 PM permalink
I am assuming you are playing all 27 possible lines per spin.
Each line is counted separately; each of the nine lines that contains the top left symbol will begin with a Wild.

The 27 lines are (and I will use W in place of WI to make it easier):

WWW pays 3 Ws = 100
WWA pays the larger of 2 Ws (50) and 3 As (30) = 50
WWE pays 2 Ws = 50
WBW pays 3 Bs = 15
WBA is 2 Bs
WBE is 2 Bs
WDW pays 3 Ds = 5
WDA is 2 Ds
WDE is 2 Ds
BWW pays 3 Bs = 15
BWA is 2 Bs
BWE is 2 Bs
BBW pays 3 Bs = 15
BBA is 2 Bs
BBE is 2 Bs
BDW is 1 B
BDA is 1 B
BDE is 1 B
CWW pays 3 Cs = 10
CWA is 2 Cs
CWE is 2 Cs
CBW is 1 C
CBA is 1 C
CBE is 1 C
CDW is 1 C
CDA is 1 C
CDE is 1 C
konglify
konglify
January 24th, 2021 at 9:18:27 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

I am assuming you are playing all 27 possible lines per spin.
Each line is counted separately; each of the nine lines that contains the top left symbol will begin with a Wild.

The 27 lines are (and I will use W in place of WI to make it easier):

WWW pays 3 Ws = 100
WWA pays the larger of 2 Ws (50) and 3 As (30) = 50
WWE pays 2 Ws = 50
WBW pays 3 Bs = 15
WBA is 2 Bs
WBE is 2 Bs
WDW pays 3 Ds = 5
WDA is 2 Ds
WDE is 2 Ds
BWW pays 3 Bs = 15
BWA is 2 Bs
BWE is 2 Bs
BBW pays 3 Bs = 15
BBA is 2 Bs
BBE is 2 Bs
BDW is 1 B
BDA is 1 B
BDE is 1 B
CWW pays 3 Cs = 10
CWA is 2 Cs
CWE is 2 Cs
CBW is 1 C
CBA is 1 C
CBE is 1 C
CDW is 1 C
CDA is 1 C
CDE is 1 C

Thanks for the answer. I think 27-way game is different from 27-line game. I have been playing the slot onsite for years and I know the play and pay for line- and way game are different. For example,

A W A
B B A
C D E

If it is a 27 lines game, you will have AWA, AWA, AWE and so on. But for a 27-way game, you will only see the pay for AWA, AWA and AWE will not pay. What really confuses me is how to list all win combination when the WILD landed on the first reel.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 25th, 2021 at 8:10:43 AM permalink
Quote: konglify

Thanks for the answer. I think 27-way game is different from 27-line game. I have been playing the slot onsite for years and I know the play and pay for line- and way game are different. For example,

A W A
B B A
C D E

If it is a 27 lines game, you will have AWA, AWA, AWE and so on. But for a 27-way game, you will only see the pay for AWA, AWA and AWE will not pay.

But in that case, what are the 27 ways? From what I have seen online, "27 ways" just seems to be what "27 lines" is called in other countries like Australia.
konglify
konglify
January 25th, 2021 at 9:42:09 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Quote: konglify

A W A
B B A
C D E

If it is a 27 lines game, you will have AWA, AWA, AWE, and so on. But for a 27-way game, you will only see the pay for AWA, AWA and AWE will not pay.

But in that case, what are the 27 ways? From what I have seen online, "27 ways" just seems to be what "27 lines" is called in other countries like Australia.

I don't know Australia but in vegas where I play most slot games, a WAY game defines how many paths could go from reel 1 to the furthest reel that makes a win. If any combination could go up to the 3rd reel, any path that stops at the 2nd reel will not play. From this point, in the above example, AWA starts from reel1 and goes to reel3, it will pay 3xA but AWE does not pay since "A" could go all the way to the 3rd reel already.

I found on playable game online, see https://www.vegasslotsonline.com/aristocrat/5-dragons/

and one screenshot with a way win including the WILD shown in https://ibb.co/j4GpvP9

In that Aristocrat game, the green dragon is a WILD, you will only see the K-K-K-W-K pay but not K-K-K-W-9 and others.

p.s. as I remember, Aristocrat is an Australian company
  • Jump to: