1 vote (7.69%)
3 votes (23.07%)
4 votes (30.76%)

13 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 7th, 2021 at 6:01:06 PM permalink
I would play it if they had the blond with the low cut dress hahaha. That was so long ago, she has probably hit menopause by now.
I am a robot.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 54
May 8th, 2021 at 1:45:38 PM permalink
There are some fascinating strategy issues on some rare situations involving pairs in this game.

Lets say the multiplier card is 2d and 3X,

You are dealt 2d-2d vs 10. I think you split it, to get the 3X multiplier on both hands.

Alternatively, the multiplier cards are 8s and 8d, both at 3X.

You are dealt 8s-8d vs 9. I think you do not split this, i.e., I think its better to play 16v9 at 9x than play 2 split 8s each at 3X.

There are numerous variations on this that no one has yet looked at. Ex: there may be times when you don't split AA pair when the Aces are different suits and both are (high) multipliers.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
KevinR
KevinR
  • Threads: 0
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiraclecharliepatrick
May 8th, 2021 at 11:14:02 PM permalink
It's been a long time since I put this calculation on pause (about 9 months) and looking at my infinite-deck spreadsheets, I realize it might take a few hours to get re-acquainted with the flow of these sheets, so I am not super confident in what I'm seeing.

I did do the cases of two 3X multipliers, two 5X multipliers, and two 10X multipliers. Being unemployed and locked down with covid regulations, I was bored and had time on my hands.

My sheet says if we are holding a pair containing two 3X multipliers, we hit 2-2 vs. 10 and double on 8-8 vs 9. In fact we never split when holding two 3X multipliers and we double a lot. I think this sheet assumes that if we double in this scenario, we will be paid 18 times our original wager if we beat the dealer.

The first scenario you mentioned with one 3X multiplier card and we are holding two copies of it, I realize now this may be different than the case in my 3X-3X sheet, where there are two multipliers and we are holding two of them. If we get paid only 3 times our original wager holding a perfect pair of the 3X multiplier, perhaps you are right about 2-2 vs. 10. I think my sheet for one 3X multiplier has not considered this case (yet).

I am trying to learn how to paste a jpg image of the chart here in this post, unsuccessfully.
Last edited by: KevinR on May 8, 2021
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 35
May 9th, 2021 at 8:00:23 AM permalink
I haven't looked at this in any detail but can imagine if you have a multiplier there will be many occasions when you double on your initial two cards providing it doesn't sacrifice too much from not being able to re-hit. The main problem is that you don't win anything if the dealer busts with three cards, so stiff hands aren't as valuable as in regular BJ. However vs a 2 apart from 2 T T all other busts will have >3 cards, so might even double things like 32 with a reasonable multiplier! Where you were only going to take one more card it would be reasonable to double with a nice multiplier.

• Jump to: