AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 9th, 2011 at 9:47:57 AM permalink
Quote: gofaster87

From the few people Ive talked with, I heard ChumLee is not ass stupid as the show portrays him to be. I agree about Ricks son being useless, he adds nothing to the show. You never know what the actual story is. I never trust these shows to be reality or even partial.

No one could be as stupid as he acts and rise to a senior level in business. I am simply suprised we have not seen him in any commercials for other products. Let him try to use geico.com maybe?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 9th, 2011 at 2:35:51 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I only mean fake in that the items are brought in on pre-selected days when the shop is closed for filming. .

Notice that every single buy they make looks identical to the last one. The seller is always well rehearsed in what he says, gets right to the point, never acts nervous, and rarely gets upset when Rick offers 20% of what he wants for the item. We ran an antique mall for 15 years and its just like a pawn shop, people bring stuff in every day. And believe me, most of them will argue with you about the price. Not politely, either. Many of them get mad and leave. Even if you show them the value in a book. Rick doesn't have that problem.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 11th, 2011 at 8:23:45 PM permalink
Chumlee buys an 86 Buick Regal tonight and the old man flipped out. My mother bought that exact car in 1986 and it was the biggest piece of crap I ever saw. The 6 cylinder engine started having problems almost right away. It had a crushed velveteen interior that looked good and started to show wear after just one year. It was a pile of junk. The Chevy was OK in the mid 80's, but everything else GM made was awful. Even their pickup's started rusting out in just a couple years.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
April 11th, 2011 at 10:05:48 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Chumlee buys an 86 Buick Regal tonight and the old man flipped out. My mother bought that exact car in 1986 and it was the biggest piece of crap I ever saw.

Shouldn't surprise you, or anyone. Chumlee plays the part of a lovable loser, but he's a loser just the same. Fat, sloppy, greasy hair, tattoo sleeves, acts like a 5th grade dropout, of COURSE he likes a low-rider car. He's a low class person. High class people like property and jewelry. Low class people like rims and tattoos. He lucked into the gig of his life with Pawn Stars. Big Hoss is the same way, except he's NOT lovable. He's a bully and easily the most dislikable star of the show. Old Man seems like an older version of Chumlee to me. Guy can't even drive. He's a mouth-breather who wears zoot suits. Rick elevated himself above the family lineage to both intellectual and likable status, which is why I continue watching. If Rick was as dopey and negative and the other three idiots, the whole show would fail.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 12th, 2011 at 12:01:35 AM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

He's a bully and easily the most dislikable star of the show. Old Man seems like an older version of Chumlee to me. Guy can't even drive. l.

Boy, have you got the old man wrong. He's smarter than the rest of them combined. He built that shop from nothing to what it is today. He taught Rick. He's the best wheeler dealer there, he says what he'll give for an item and tells them why. He's no nonsense. When he got out of the Navy, he opened a 2nd hand store and started applying for a pawn license and Vegas had a quota and turned him down year after year. He finally sued the city and got the license in 1988. He's the first one in the shop every morning. And he drives everywhere, he's got a fleet of vintage luxury cars. He's the only authentic person on the show, he plays himself in every scene.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 12th, 2011 at 1:55:54 AM permalink
I've been in the pawn shop half a dozen times. I used to collect unusual class rings, before the price of gold went so high. In 2007 I bought a 1970 Harvard class ring from Chumlee. They weigh the rings and charge accordingly. Chumlee was nothing like he is on the show, he was polite and businesslike and knew what he was doing. He said twice a year a buyer comes in from Germany and buys all the class rings they have. He goes all over the country doing it, apparently Germans love class rings. There was a lot of people working there, you never see any of them on the show. And Rick has said he's hired 30 more people since they expanded. They try and make it look like its a little family operation and its not. I never saw Rick, in all the times I was there, but the old man was always at his desk. I wore that Harvard ring for awhile, I'm always amazed at the number of people who ask about jewelry. Of course I let them think what they want, I don't have to explain anything..
zippyboy
zippyboy
April 12th, 2011 at 5:06:29 AM permalink

Boy, have you got the old man wrong. He's smarter than the rest of them combined. He built that shop from nothing to what it is today.

So the store opened in 1987, and 24 years later, it's still just one tiny store? If he was really as smart as you claim, there'd be a string of G&S Pawns all across this country like Kinko's and Subways. Instead there's still just one tiny store. Gee, what a brilliant businessman. I stand by my assessment.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 12th, 2011 at 5:11:12 AM permalink

So the store opened in 1987, and 24 years later, it's still just one tiny store? If he was really as smart as you claim, there'd be a string of G&S Pawns all across this country like Kinko's and Subways. Instead there's still just one tiny store. Gee, what a brilliant businessman. I stand by my assessment.

Why open a chain when you live very comfortable with just the one? I vote that OM is a smart businessman. Lends at a high rate, has a nice retail operation, drives a classy Imperial Convertible, huge comfortable house. His grandson is a jerk, but what can you do about that?
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 12th, 2011 at 10:46:29 AM permalink
A pawn shop isn't a pizza joint. Its a cash business and you need to be there yourself or your employees will steal you blind. Opening a chain of stores would be a disaster. When you can become a millionaire with one store, thats enough. The old man is a millionaire for sure, probably many times over. Hell, they can lay their hands on 500K in cash anytime they like, what does that tell you.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 12th, 2011 at 12:29:52 PM permalink

Chumlee buys an 86 Buick Regal tonight and the old man flipped out. My mother bought that exact car in 1986 and it was the biggest piece of crap I ever saw. The 6 cylinder engine started having problems almost right away. It had a crushed velveteen interior that looked good and started to show wear after just one year. It was a pile of junk. The Chevy was OK in the mid 80's, but everything else GM made was awful. Even their pickup's started rusting out in just a couple years.

Just watched it on DVR. The thing about that GM Platform was that it was so popular who knows how many they made. For years in the late 1980s "Cutlas Supreme" was the most stolen car numbers 1-5, only difference was the model year. They were not refined cars, but were the typical American Car that you could just bang back into near-shape and keep going when something broke.

He may be smarter than portrayed, but I can see someone his age and type dropping that kind of cash on a car like that.
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
April 12th, 2011 at 1:23:01 PM permalink
To anyone who's interested, Chumlee is scheduled to be on Leno tonight.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 12th, 2011 at 1:57:51 PM permalink

He may be smarter than portrayed, but I can see someone his age and type dropping that kind of cash on a car like that.

He's a kid of 27, no wife, and he's got to make at least 50K a year from the show and another 30K from his job. He's rolling in disposable income. God knows how much he makes from endorsements, I've seen the boys on a couple of commercials.
zippyboy
zippyboy
April 12th, 2011 at 2:05:04 PM permalink
All 4 of those main characters on the show make over $100,000, according to the Las Vegas Weekly article.
gofaster87
gofaster87
  • Threads: 3
April 12th, 2011 at 2:53:11 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 12th, 2011 at 3:53:09 PM permalink

I heard the same. 100k each on the new contract.

I'll bet that their t-shirt, key chain, bobblehead, etc. money is separate from the TV contract too.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 12th, 2011 at 3:58:33 PM permalink

He's a kid of 27, no wife, and he's got to make at least 50K a year from the show and another 30K from his job. He's rolling in disposable income. God knows how much he makes from endorsements, I've seen the boys on a couple of commercials.

Must be local spots, I haven't seen them doing anything national and am suprised I have not yet. But I agree they are not worried where their next meal is coming from.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 12th, 2011 at 7:22:21 PM permalink

Must be local spots, I haven't seen them doing anything national and am suprised I have not yet.

I've seen at least 2 with the boys and the old man, not Rick. As for Rick, he's a go getter. He owned a restaurant that went under in the last 10 years, and he opened 3 fast loan stores, but he stole an employee from a similar business, and he brought the client list with him and Rick got sued out of business. The thing they do with bringing in experts to appraise items is a total load of BS. No pawn broker would ever do that in front of a customer. They're all ruthless and will try and get the lowest price possible on everything. Including Rick's shop. They bring in the experts for the audience, go in there with something expensive and if it doesn't end up on TV, see if you can talk Rick into an appraiser. Never gonna happen.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 13th, 2011 at 3:02:43 AM permalink

Must be local spots, I haven't seen them doing anything national and am suprised I have not yet.

Here's one they did for Ford. I'm sure it paid very well indeed. I had forgotten about it.

Ford
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 13th, 2011 at 5:10:31 AM permalink

Here's one they did for Ford. I'm sure it paid very well indeed. I had forgotten about it.

Ford

Never saw it here, but from watching can't tell if it was local or not. Might have been made for regional dealer groups to pick up and the ones here did not?
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 13th, 2011 at 6:04:42 AM permalink

Never saw it here, but from watching can't tell if it was local or not.

I'm sure it was done for local exposure, thats why I've never seen it. These cable reality shows are seen by a very small percentage of the public, people in NY would have no idea who they were. For example, Pawn Stars might be seen by 4 mil viewers. A show like 2 & 1/2 Men will be seen by 27 mil viewers. Big difference.
zippyboy
zippyboy
April 13th, 2011 at 7:38:34 AM permalink
So Chumlee was on Leno last night. He says he's a vegetarian for the most part, occasionally has meat like a Fatburger. Leno asks what he does with all his dough. Chumlee collects shoes. Has a 180 pairs, and proudly showed off the 2003 Nikes he had on. Chumlee has his own Bobblehead doll, and a $1 bill with his photo in the middle (a real value at $10, available in G&S Pawn). He told the tale of how he tracked down Bob Dylan to have him sign the album, and the way he told it seemed like there may have been some truth to the spontaneity of the event. Chumlee apparently hung out by the tour bus for 4 hours, film crew got Dylan walking up and turns out he's a fan of the show, so he signed the waiver to appear on TV. Dylan is notoriously reclusive and doesn't grant interviews, photo ops, signings and the like, but ol' Chum is likeable enough even Dylan's heart was softened.

And I have to question the authenticity of that alleged Ford ad posted earlier. It's a minute 23 seconds. No ad in the world is 1:23. And it's not advertising Ford per sé, seems like more of a bit for the show. What company is gonna allow their corporate logo to be defaced? Frod instead of Ford? Please.
gofaster87
gofaster87
April 13th, 2011 at 7:47:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 13th, 2011 at 8:27:39 AM permalink

So Chumlee was on Leno last night. He says he's a vegetarian for the most part, occasionally has meat like a Fatburger. Leno asks what he does with all his dough. Chumlee collects shoes. Has a 180 pairs, and proudly showed off the 2003 Nikes he had on. Chumlee has his own Bobblehead doll, and a $1 bill with his photo in the middle (a real value at $10, available in G&S Pawn). He told the tale of how he tracked down Bob Dylan to have him sign the album, and the way he told it seemed like there may have been some truth to the spontaneity of the event. Chumlee apparently hung out by the tour bus for 4 hours, film crew got Dylan walking up and turns out he's a fan of the show, so he signed the waiver to appear on TV. Dylan is notoriously reclusive and doesn't grant interviews, photo ops, signings and the like, but ol' Chum is likeable enough even Dylan's heart was softened.

And I have to question the authenticity of that alleged Ford ad posted earlier. It's a minute 23 seconds. No ad in the world is 1:23. And it's not advertising Ford per sé, seems like more of a bit for the show. What company is gonna allow their corporate logo to be defaced? Frod instead of Ford? Please.

He is the first obese vegetarian I have seen. Maybe he needs to learn the definition of "occasionally?" lol.

I buy that he collects shoes, remember when he appraised the old Nike sneaks the guy brought in? I can't see how someone can collect sneakers, but to each his own. As to the Ford Ad, maybe it was one of those ads they show before the movie starts? None of us would know that since we all hate going to the movies, eh?
zippyboy
zippyboy
April 13th, 2011 at 8:43:50 AM permalink

He is the first obese vegetarian I have seen. Maybe he needs to learn the definition of "occasionally?" lol.

I thought we had seen the guys eating Subway on the show. I remember Rick bought 'em all footlongs or something. I imagine Chum's diet, IF vegetarian, means lots of potato chips, ice cream, cheese pizza, pasta, hashbrowns, pudding cups, candy bars and ranch dressing poured on all of it.
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
April 13th, 2011 at 9:30:09 AM permalink

No matter how much people criticize the show or hate the characters, all I can say is I don't think anybody can fault these guys for making an easy 100k and episode. I would do it in a heartbeat whether it was cheesy or not.

I like the show but I cannot imagine why anyone would get in line for a picture or autograph. Pathetic waste of time.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 13th, 2011 at 11:19:53 AM permalink
Here is video of Chumlee:

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/pawn-stars-chumlee-part-1-41211/1320042/
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 13th, 2011 at 11:35:30 AM permalink

No matter how much people criticize the show or hate the characters, all I can say is I don't think anybody can fault these guys for making an easy 100k and episode. I would do it in a heartbeat whether it was cheesy or not.

100k per episode or per series?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
zippyboy
zippyboy
April 13th, 2011 at 12:09:47 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

100k per episode or per series?

Per year, according to a local article in our paper. "over 100k" it said.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 15th, 2011 at 6:46:14 PM permalink
One glaring difference between the real world and Pawn Stars is, most of Rick's sellers haggle over the price. That just doesn't happen. I would say about a third haggle, the rest either have a set price they won't move off of, or they accept what you offer. My wife agrees, from our 15 years in the antique biz. A lot of people are too timid and embarrassed to haggle, yet Rick's customers speak right up. Thats because the producers obviously rehearse them for dramatic effect before filming begins. You'd be amazed at the number of people who won't budge from their set price and are insulted that you tried to get them to take less.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 207
April 15th, 2011 at 8:40:21 PM permalink
There's one thing that continues to bother me about that whole Dylan autograph thing.

Dylan doesn't give autographs often, so wouldn't it be valuable despite the personalized message?

And aren't there Dylan fans that are also Pawn Star / Chumlee fans?

I mean, if Chumlee is really selling those altered $1 bills for $10 - and about 100 of them per day - surely there are people that would pay big bucks for the Dylan personal autograph to Chumlee.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 15th, 2011 at 8:53:03 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

There's one thing that continues to bother me about that whole Dylan autograph thing.

Dylan doesn't give autographs often, so wouldn't it be valuable despite the personalized message?

That whole thing was silly. Most things like that are 'to' somebody, it doesn't diminish the value. Where did I read that it took hours to track down Dylan and he agreed to do it because he's a fan of the show.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 16th, 2011 at 4:08:06 AM permalink

Pushes the limit of "History Channel" though.

Yes. As a matter of fact I think its well beyond those limits. Of course when the Los Angeles County Coroner started selling tee shirts and coffee mugs that goes beyond some limits as well. Yet it made lots of money.

Rigged interactions in pawn shops are history? I wish they were!!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 16th, 2011 at 5:38:25 AM permalink

That whole thing was silly. Most things like that are 'to' somebody, it doesn't diminish the value. Where did I read that it took hours to track down Dylan and he agreed to do it because he's a fan of the show.

PS is part many things. Part "An tiques Roadshow" part "Americvan Chopper" but also (small) part professional wrestling. To enjoy it you have to be a smark and just go with it.

smark: noun, "A professional wrestling fan who is aware the sport is totally fake but pretends it is real or/and enjoys it simply for entertainment value."
gofaster87
gofaster87
April 16th, 2011 at 5:51:10 AM permalink
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 16th, 2011 at 6:24:48 AM permalink

smark: noun, "A professional wrestling fan who is aware the sport is totally fake but pretends it is real or/and enjoys it simply for entertainment value."

Another example of there being no accounting for taste and no restraint on the depths to which people will stoop to make a buck on someone's stupidity.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 16th, 2011 at 6:36:34 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Another example of there being no accounting for taste and no restraint on the depths to which people will stoop to make a buck on someone's stupidity.

How is it "someone's stupidity" if they know what is going on but freely watch to enjoy themselves?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 2nd, 2011 at 6:30:52 PM permalink

Yet another knock-off coming

I saw this when it was on and wasn't impressed, in fact I was bored. These women don't have the kind of quirky personality that makes for a good show.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 2nd, 2011 at 12:00:35 AM permalink
I see Cory has lost weight this season. Lots of good stuff coming in. The only thing that bugs me is the choreographed haggling has gotten so cookie cutter, they're all the same now. I want this, I'll give you that, I'll go this high, I'll settle for this. Real haggling never ever goes anything like that, people off the street aren't pro hagglers like Rick is. Yet on this show, they're all unemotional and straight faced. Half the time we were forced to get out one of the price guide books and show people how far off they were. Then they'd say 'but it belonged to grandma'... When they tried to put a price on their emotional attachment, you knew there would be no meeting of the minds.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 2nd, 2011 at 4:55:18 PM permalink

I saw this when it was on and wasn't impressed, in fact I was bored. These women don't have the kind of quirky personality that makes for a good show.

I watched most of one episode and then turned to a real PS re-run. The new show seems to be counting on women with an understated-hotness attracting male viewers. But the personality thing was, as you said, not there. And the format was a total PS ripoff, right down to the onscreen graphics.

I agree with you on the negotiations, but there is probably only so much you can do. One thing I have noticed is people seem to be starting at a more realistic level and then Rich makes an "anchor offer" of even less. Then a meeting near the middle.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 2nd, 2011 at 5:22:11 PM permalink

I agree with you on the negotiations, but there is probably only so much you can do. One thing I have noticed is people seem to be starting at a more realistic level and then Rich makes an "anchor offer" of even less. Then a meeting near the middle.

They obviously rehearse it to death. Its almost comical watching the seller wait to say his line, "Will you go $300, then." When the store counters with $200, the seller says, with a poker face, "Lets meet in the middle, $250." Real people do NOT negotiate this way, they whine and complain, and wring their hands. The old man is a slow learner, he often resorts to the attitude he had before there was a show. Here's my offer, take it or leave it. I've bought several things in that shop, and when I made an offer, they were quite blunt about what the price was. If you can you can find episodes from the first season, Rick was a lot more impatient and blunt than he is now. You learn to be that way, or people will argue with you all day long.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
June 2nd, 2011 at 5:31:25 PM permalink
Do you believe that the Pawn shop would offer more than the customer's original asking price? There were episodes where the Old Man offered more than a lady was asking for something, and Rick also went higher once for an item.

It makes them look good on TV, but those scenes took the "real" out of "reality tv".
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 2nd, 2011 at 6:31:02 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Do you believe that the Pawn shop would offer more than the customer's original asking price? There were episodes where the Old Man offered more than a lady was asking for something, and Rick also went higher once for an item.

It makes them look good on TV, but those scenes took the "real" out of "reality tv".

For a small item and a small amount it might happen. In a competitive pawn market you give someone $10 more than they want and they tell 10 friends how great they "got you." Then when the friends need to pawn where do they go? Not saying it will happen, but maybe.

On another note, does anyone else notice a slight change in that Rick seems to be bidding unsloicited on high-value items? First a wanted poster and then a Gatling Gun. For three years he says, "I'm a store, not a collector" now he looks almost collecting. I know it is TV and am a smark but wondering if anyone else noticed?
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 2nd, 2011 at 7:58:29 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

They tried that a few times a few seasons ago to make them look good, I'm sure it was the producers idea. When the show first came on, the message boards at HC were lit up with people saying they ripped people off. Nobody in their right mind gives people more than they're asking, especially a pawn shop. You notice they haven't done that for awhile. The one was a setup, where the woman brought in the Faberge pin. That was just dumb.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 2nd, 2011 at 8:05:41 PM permalink

On another note, does anyone else notice a slight change in that Rick seems to be bidding unsloicited on high-value items? First a wanted poster and then a Gatling Gun. For three years he says, "I'm a store, not a collector" now he looks almost collecting. I know it is TV and am a smark but wondering if anyone else noticed?

I think they were setups, Rick had no intention of buying them, it was done to make him look like a big wheeler dealer and encourage people with expensive items to contact the show. Its like Mike Rowe always begging for new story ideas, PS can't beg for better stuff, because they want us to think everything comes in off the street, when the truth is, it comes from emails and phone calls. There's an ongoing complaint from the other pawn shops in Vegas that they never get any of the good stuff Rick gets. Thats because they don't have a national seller base like the show does.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 10th, 2011 at 6:02:40 PM permalink

There's an ongoing complaint from the other pawn shops in Vegas that they never get any of the good stuff Rick gets. Thats because they don't have a national seller base like the show does.

Rick doesn't get most of the nice stuff Rick gets. And most pawn shops I have seen are all the same few groups of items. Jewelry, musical insturments, beat-up electronics, power tools, and guns. If you notice, Rick seems to sell a lot of stuff at auction instead of in the store. Or on eBay.

On a side note I may be watching the show too much. I had breakfast the other day at a place called "The Gun Room" and there was some kind of old long-gun on the wall. I'm sitting there thinking, "the grime on it could have been faked, I can't see the side that should have wear along the stock as it aced the wall but it should be on that side if a right-handed person used it, where are the makers-marks..............."
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 10th, 2011 at 6:12:33 PM permalink

Rick doesn't get most of the nice stuff Rick gets. And most pawn shops I have seen are all the same few groups of items.
"

95% of the stuff in any pawnshop is jewelry, watches, and electronics. It was that way in Ricks store before the show. 99% of his business is from tourists who want to sell their rings and watches, that why he's open 24/7. People on vacation in Vegas don't have their toaster oven with them to pawn. Last time I was there (before the show) it was showcase after showcase of watches and jewelry, and some girl sitting right there listing hundreds of items on Ebay. Their Ebay name is goldsilverpawn. They've been selling since 1999. Look at their FB and they stuff they sell, its mostly junk. If they have 25k FB's, and about a third of buyers leave FB, that means they've sold at least 75K items. Its a full time business for them and its never mentioned on the show.

When you buy something made of gold, like a 14k ring, Chumlee will weigh it for gold content and charge you whatever gold is going for that day. No bargains to be seen.
mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
June 10th, 2011 at 6:51:03 PM permalink
The best cable show by far!! Have you ever heard the story HOW Rick got his permit/license?

Ken
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 10th, 2011 at 6:58:17 PM permalink
Quote: mrjjj

The best cable show by far!! Have you ever heard the story HOW Rick got his permit/license?

Ken

When the old man got out of the Navy, he just kept applying and applying until the population of Vegas was large enough to support another pawn shop. Rick has been involved in a bunch of other businesses, he's a real entrepreneur.
mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
June 10th, 2011 at 7:05:00 PM permalink
Close. I think around 60 years ago, it was enacted that only ONE more pawn store permit may be granted after the population hit 250,000. When it got close, every week Rick would call (whatever office) to check on the current population. Anyways, it was over 250,000 at some point and Rick was the FIRST one to get the permit/license. The rest is history.

Ken
  • Jump to: