ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
January 2nd, 2015 at 9:06:46 PM permalink
I want to attend a big fight, specifically in Vegas, this year. Something on the level of Stiverne v. Wilder 1/17. I may be interested in the Mayweather fight in May, but I really don't follow the sport a whole lot and am just looking for a good experience at the highest level.

My question is this: How is one supposed to know that tickets are going on sale for a fight... before they actually go on sale? I have tried googling "boxing match schedules" and whatnot, but it seems like they only plan out the big fights 1-2 months ahead of time. How often do I have to look at the various schedules (or is there a master schedule somewhere?) to know when the big fights, specifically in Vegas, are being fought?

This is not gambling related, but I have to believe someone here can answer these specific questions. Thanks.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
January 2nd, 2015 at 9:43:40 PM permalink
You can almost forget a decent seat for a Mayweather fight. Tickets go on sale like any other event.

I used to go when Sugar Ray Leonard was fighting and also was there for a Marvin Hagler fight weekend. The crowd is indeed remarkable, more gold necklaces than one can imagine along with $100.usd min tables being the norm. However, the glamour of it all erodes if you lose your wager. When Leonard and Hearns was declared a draw, I actually was so naive I didn't know if I got my money back. I did, unlike Euro soccer?

Boxing has more or less been quashed by the UFC. Check out tonights UFC card and all the excitement about it.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 3rd, 2015 at 4:20:03 AM permalink
Plenty of good fights will happen this year, but the fights between promoters keep others from happening. Check out the website "bad left hook" for upcoming fights and then look for tickets. Other than Mayweather fights, most other fights have tickets available. And for just good boxing action, the undercards usually have good fights.
  • Jump to: