FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 262
April 25th, 2013 at 3:14:31 AM permalink
It is the area near the Stratosphere. An area now known for drugs, prostitution, and poverty but originally known for cheap housing popular with the lovely young ladies appearing in Las Vegas Strip shows who needed to have no tan lines and obligingly obtained their tans in that neighborhood often to the great joy of fellow tenants.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
April 25th, 2013 at 9:41:40 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

but just to throw in the statement "Even if it's not true" implies its not true and u know the truth.

That was not my intent at all - I don't know anything about the neighborhood in question. I was simply remarking that oftentimes, the real true story behind these kinds of names has been lost to time, even though lots of people think they have the true story (e.g., how the name "Hoosier" came about for residents of Indiana).

No slight on you at all!
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
April 25th, 2013 at 10:48:34 AM permalink
It seems I am more then a few years late on this Naked City....
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 86
April 25th, 2013 at 11:27:24 AM permalink
I lived at Las Vegas One for a couple of months when I first moved here. Then it was nearly empty. I heard two days ago that they are at 97% occupancy and renting instead of selling.

That place is supposed to have "nice talent" at the pool.

It's very easy to get in and out of the place as it's right off the freeway and not much else in terms of traffic getting in and out.

The only downside I would say to that place is that when it gets windy, it's a little crazy as the wind blows pretty hard up high over there.

But you can't get away from the wind no matter where you are in Vegas when it gets like that.

Anyway, point is that the pool is supposed to have a lot of beautiful women there these days. Just hearsay though, so I can't be sure.

http://www.lasvegashighriserentals.com/One-Las-Vegas-high-rise-condos.htm
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 25th, 2013 at 2:11:11 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

I lived at Las Vegas One for a couple of months when I first moved here. Then it was nearly empty. I heard two days ago that they are at 97% occupancy and renting instead of selling.

That place is supposed to have "nice talent" at the pool.

It's very easy to get in and out of the place as it's right off the freeway and not much else in terms of traffic getting in and out.

The only downside I would say to that place is that when it gets windy, it's a little crazy as the wind blows pretty hard up high over there.

But you can't get away from the wind no matter where you are in Vegas when it gets like that.

Anyway, point is that the pool is supposed to have a lot of beautiful women there these days. Just hearsay though, so I can't be sure.

http://www.lasvegashighriserentals.com/One-Las-Vegas-high-rise-condos.htm

Those are nice suites. But they are expensive! $1,000+/month. That's more than a mortgage payment and you are not building equity. But very nice suites, great location, and if what you say about the pool is true . . . :P
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
FunkyDoctor
FunkyDoctor
  • Threads: 10
April 28th, 2013 at 7:54:29 AM permalink
I will jump in on this thread since I am in the same boat as djatc, although on a different time schedule. I will need a place to rent starting in about 1 or 2 weeks for possibly up to a year or more. I do not need anything fancy - my only requirement is that it is furnished, allows pets and is fairly convenient to the Strip and/or downtown. Of course, I'd also prefer not to have crack addicts knocking on my door at 4am (or at anytime for that matter).

I am familiar with the extended stay type places in town and am already looking in the usual places, but if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, I'd love to hear them. I could also use any recommendations for someone who does pet sitting privately in their home, as I may need that from time to time as well. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks...
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 2nd, 2013 at 7:01:50 PM permalink
Still taking offers or referrals. I'm still a month or two out at most so I can't rent right away but if anyone knows of any openings soon keep me informed. I also prefer not to have crack addicts at my door at 4am. That is way too early and I like my crack in the afternoons.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous

• Jump to: