Aussie
Aussie
  • Threads: 12
August 13th, 2019 at 3:27:46 PM permalink
I use a VPN all the time for a couple of reasons and have done for several years without any issue whatsoever. A point to note is that my experience is that Apps are programmed to detect a VPN and will allow login/bets based on your real location while a browser website will not. Just my experience and of course YMMV.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 93
August 13th, 2019 at 7:27:47 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Was it a robot? I believe you would not be the first person to do that.

No it was not a bot a virtual machine essentially allows me to run windows on a Linux computer and the software that geo locates you only runs on windows so I did what I know best and it was a mistake apparently
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 211
August 13th, 2019 at 8:03:23 PM permalink
Before breaking any laws in Turkey it is always best to watch Midnight Express first!
JoelDeze
JoelDeze
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
heatmap
August 13th, 2019 at 8:34:04 PM permalink
When I want to go incognito, I use the following:

-- Windows 10 sandbox
-- -- Browsers like Torbrowser with multiple relays
-- VPN is on host
-- Read Only mapped drive to any software I want to use while on the sandbox.
-- Powershell scripts to connect and automatically install apps from chocolatey.org that I want to use as tools

All in all, it takes about 6 minutes for me to turn on sandbox and have everything fully installed and by the time I finish, I'm behind 6-8 relays.

Edit: Forgot to add that this method above allows you to test any software and even test malware, if you wanted. Nothing touches your host machine. When you are done, you close the sandbox and anything you ever did during that session is "gone". Zero trace.
Its a dog eat dog world out there and Im wearing milkbone underwear . Norm Peterson
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 93
August 14th, 2019 at 5:35:26 AM permalink
Quote: JoelDeze

-- Windows 10 sandbox

-- Read Only mapped drive to any software I want to use while on the sandbox.

You mean a virtual machine... GeoComply knew i was using one...

And what does the read only mapped drive provide as far as functionality to me? is that so geocomply can not see that im using a VM?
jason123
jason123
  • Threads: 0
August 14th, 2019 at 5:49:54 AM permalink
Quote: wildgoe

Hey guys,

I'm planning on spending some time in Turkey, where gambling is highly regulated. I've made a research and came to a conclusion, that the only secure way to access online gambling sites is by using VPN (virtual private network). In more detail, you can route your internet connection through a server in your country, or a country with more permissive laws (such as US). This means that you can then access online websites without being blocked because of your location.

The question is - have you ever used VPN for gambling online? Any recommendations regarding VPN provider?

The most recommended (according reddit + comparitech + proprivacy) are NordVPN and ExpressVPN. The first one is much more cheaper (with extra3y coupon ~2 bucks) and the other one ~8 bucks...

Will be waiting for your recommendations!

Personally, I use Surfshark I also believe that it's even cheaper than the ones you mentioned before. They have a bunch of promo codes so you have discounts often. I found this on reddit, you get 2 year subscription plus 1 month free: reddit1free
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 10
August 14th, 2019 at 7:04:41 AM permalink
The virtual machines and multiple layers mentioned above do have something to do with a different type of cloaking, but have absolutely no bearing on detectability of your use of a VPN or ability to blow through VPN to your actual IP address. Complete waste of time in those regards.

Also, makes no difference whether you are accessing a given site via an app or website, the technology exists and is being used by both app based and website based sites to detect your use of VPN and to pull your actual IP address.
JoelDeze
JoelDeze
August 14th, 2019 at 7:27:18 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

The virtual machines and multiple layers mentioned above do have something to do with a different type of cloaking, but have absolutely no bearing on detectability of your use of a VPN or ability to blow through VPN to your actual IP address. Complete waste of time in those regards.

Also, makes no difference whether you are accessing a given site via an app or website, the technology exists and is being used by both app based and website based sites to detect your use of VPN and to pull your actual IP address.

Thats untrue if you are behind multiple relays. You have many options - tor being one of them.

Also sandbox security involves hardware layering with separate kernels. VPN is on the host and not the sandbox although it is effective.

From whatismyip:

Quote:

That data path is never the same, because Tor uses up to 5,000 Tor relays to send your data request. Think of it as a huge network of "hidden" servers that will keep your online identity (meaning your IP address) and your location invisible. ... Tor is like a proxy on steroids.

Its a dog eat dog world out there and Im wearing milkbone underwear . Norm Peterson
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 10
August 14th, 2019 at 7:33:47 AM permalink
The reason you think that has to do with the sites you're dealing with. You're wasting your time when it comes to a site that has the technology to blow through your VPN, and in any case, a thousand relays or none, it has no bearing on detectability of whether you are using a VPN. If you can't grasp that layers will not affect detectability of use of VPN, then you are really wasting your time. You have to understand more about HOW a VPN is detected, in order to understand why layers would not affect this detectability.
JoelDeze
JoelDeze
August 14th, 2019 at 7:40:21 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

The reason you think that has to do with the sites you're dealing with. You're wasting your time when it comes to a site that has the technology to blow through your VPN, and in any case, a thousand relays or none, it has no bearing on detectability of whether you are using a VPN. If you can't grasp that layers will not affect detectability of use of VPN, then you are really wasting your time. You have to understand more about HOW a VPN is detected, in order to understand why layers would not affect this detectability.

Believe what you want to believe.

• Jump to: