Davita
Davita
  • Threads: 7
November 24th, 2014 at 7:36:11 AM permalink
Hi again

I'm having trouble figuring out how to calculate slot games with double bet chance games. for example, Fruit Cocktail game has a feature, that after each win, you have the option to start double bet game. 5 cards appear where only the first one is open. Then you have to choose from 4 closed cards and if the one you pick up beats the first one, then your win is doubled and so on until you stop or lose (all the win, line + double bet).

Ok enough theory, now my problem. Even if I come up with double bet game pay probability, I still don't know how many times the user will start double bet chance game, because it's optional and therefore can't calculate total pay probability for a game. Anyone had similar issue? any hint, direction, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
November 24th, 2014 at 8:23:20 AM permalink
Always make double up games with a 50/50 chance of winning. This way, it does not affect the return of the game; it only increases the volatility.

As for not knowing how far a player will go, you should enforce a limit which will reduce your exposure. The limit could be that you may only double up until you reach a certain number of credits, or you can limit the number of double ups.
I heart Crystal Math.
Davita
Davita
  • Threads: 7
November 24th, 2014 at 10:20:06 AM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

Always make double up games with a 50/50 chance of winning. This way, it does not affect the return of the game; it only increases the volatility.

As for not knowing how far a player will go, you should enforce a limit which will reduce your exposure. The limit could be that you may only double up until you reach a certain number of credits, or you can limit the number of double ups.

Thanks CrystalMath. Even if I make double up games 50/50 chance of winning, in case the user loses, he's also losing the credits won in line play, so this does affect the return of the game..? or it doesn't? :)))
I'm really sorry for so much probably obvious questions, this is my first slot game development trial :)

Thank you again very much
I really appreciate your help

EDIT: I think I get it. Once he loses X amount of credits, next he wins X amount of credits and win/loss cancels each other out? That's the idea right?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
November 24th, 2014 at 11:41:07 AM permalink
Quote: Davita

EDIT: I think I get it. Once he loses X amount of credits, next he wins X amount of credits and win/loss cancels each other out? That's the idea right?

Yes
I heart Crystal Math.
  • Jump to: