Nyne
Nyne
  • Threads: 1
February 17th, 2010 at 4:15:49 PM permalink
I've seen the strategy chart for Charlie rules where achieving an N-Card Charlie results in an automatic win. I have also seen Blackjack Appendix 11 which shows basic strategy deviations for 678 and 777 bonuses where the deviation depends on the ratio of the bonus to your bet size. Is there a similar chart somewhere for N-Card Charlie bonuses that pay a fixed amount? I would like to know when to deviate from basic strategy by hitting in order to try to win a bonus for a 7 Card Charlie, based on the ratio of the size of the bonus to my bet size. I would expect that this would require separate charts for 1 card away and 2 cards away. The bonus I have seen varies, but tends to be $100-200 for getting 7 cards without busting, and is in addition to any win I might receive on the hand, and my bets vary from $5 to $50 or more.

Thanks!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 17th, 2010 at 4:21:59 PM permalink
That is a worthy question, but would require a great deal of work to answer correctly. Measuring the value of my time to the benefit to my readers, I can't justify the time to answer it. Perhaps someone else here will rise to the challenge.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Nyne
Nyne
  • Threads: 1
February 17th, 2010 at 4:46:19 PM permalink
Would I be able to calculate the charts myself using charts showing the EV of hitting vs. standing for each specific hand or would the composition of the hands change the numbers substantially? This is a 6 deck game, but certainly if I have a 6 card hand of any given total, I have used several small cards already. Will this effect be big?

If that effect is not big, I can use something like CVData to determine the EV of hitting or standing for each hand and calculate the chart myself for 1 card remaining, but I'm concerned that my numbers will be inaccurate since they won't consider that several small cards are already used. Perhaps I can calculate the bonus:bet ratios and round up to compensate for the fact that fewer small cards remain, on average? What is your opinion of this approach? It also occurs to me that with CVData's Index Generator, I could calculate such charts for each true count, which might give me more insight into how to simplify the strategy in actual play.

Thanks!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 18th, 2010 at 2:00:58 AM permalink
I don't have CVdata, but if you can put in the exact cards of your hand, wouldn't it assume they are removed from the deck? Then, add to the value of hitting the bonus (bonus/bet) times the probability of getting it. Gamblingtools.net used to have a tool that would have been perfect for this.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: