Thread Rating:

Moonsovermyhamy
Moonsovermyhamy
  • Threads: 1
July 3rd, 2020 at 1:03:39 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I know there were some people and workers that attended CES in January that claim they got sick with many of the covid symptoms right after. That is just the kind of event, with people coming from other countries that could be involved with early spreading and outbreak.

Since people couldn't have been tested that early, the only way to know would be antibody tests after recovery. I am skeptical of anyone thinking they had covid before March or April that can't confirm it with antibody testing because there are other things that cause some of the same symptoms.

Yeah, like Influenza.
IAchance5
IAchance5
  • Threads: 41
Thanks for this post from:
Cleopatra
July 3rd, 2020 at 1:50:12 PM permalink
Quote: Cleopatra

Day 5

Woke up this morning and felt more sore and weak than I did yesterday.

Sense of smell is def gone. Taste is still here - which goes against my understanding of the human body 🤷🏻‍♀️

The occasional cough / sneeze happens periodically. Still no fever - 97.8F this morning. No GI symptoms at all. Still have my appetite. Sore throat is back today though. Had a headache most of the morning as well.

Just still feels like the flu.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Love the monologue with your day-to-day, Cleo. My uncle (73 years old) had it back in mid-March and was in the ICU for 12 days, so definitely don't take anything lightly. Get some rest....
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 0
July 3rd, 2020 at 2:17:39 PM permalink
Iím glad you do. I thought of posting it to awareness of some symptoms etc! Real life story. Hard to find them online no one is really talking about the behind scenes.

Quote: IAchance5

Love the monologue with your day-to-day, Cleo. My uncle (73 years old) had it back in mid-March and was in the ICU for 12 days, so definitely don't take anything lightly. Get some rest....

Just call me Cleo
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 179
petroglyph
July 3rd, 2020 at 6:57:15 PM permalink
My daughter had it in May. She was extremely sick for about 3 weeks, coughing so hard that she was dry heaving. She did not have a fever either, but was extremely run down, and couldn't talk for more than a few minutes without starting to cough again. She lost her sense of smell and taste for about a week, and most of it has come back but some things still taste funny.

What is interesting is that in Santiago they have been under severe lockdown since the beginning of March. She had not been out of her tiny apartment at all except to do laundry in the basement. Her husband had gone out to get groceries, and they had had food delivered. So she thinks that she got it in the laundry room, that probably the person before her or someone before her had it and she picked it up that way. Although she may have gotten it on a food delivery, they think it's just more likely that she picked it up in the air somehow.

Now this is where it gets interesting: because he lives with her Felipe got tested as well. And he came back as positive also. If he had not been tested he would not have known he was sick; he had no symptoms whatsoever.

Last week my daughter got tested for antibodies, and she was found to have them. So today she went and donated plasma so that possibly she may help some other people recover.
NO KILL I
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 3rd, 2020 at 11:05:27 PM permalink
Is he ok now ?
Quote: IAchance5

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 3rd, 2020 at 11:08:58 PM permalink
Thank you for sharing your daughterís story. Iím glad they are doing much better.

Quote: Mosca

My daughter had it in May. She was extremely sick for about 3 weeks, coughing so hard that she was dry heaving. She did not have a fever either, but was extremely run down, and couldn't talk for more than a few minutes without starting to cough again. She lost her sense of smell and taste for about a week, and most of it has come back but some things still taste funny.

What is interesting is that in Santiago they have been under severe lockdown since the beginning of March. She had not been out of her tiny apartment at all except to do laundry in the basement. Her husband had gone out to get groceries, and they had had food delivered. So she thinks that she got it in the laundry room, that probably the person before her or someone before her had it and she picked it up that way. Although she may have gotten it on a food delivery, they think it's just more likely that she picked it up in the air somehow.

Now this is where it gets interesting: because he lives with her Felipe got tested as well. And he came back as positive also. If he had not been tested he would not have known he was sick; he had no symptoms whatsoever.

Last week my daughter got tested for antibodies, and she was found to have them. So today she went and donated plasma so that possibly she may help some other people recover.

Just call me Cleo
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
tringlomane
July 4th, 2020 at 5:06:57 AM permalink
I had CV as well. I felt off a bit starting Saturday May 2. My GF took my temp and I was at 101. Started taking some Ibuprofen that day. I had a pretty bad cough as well but this did not alarm me as I get 1 to 2 nasty coughs every year, one usually takes my voice for 1 to 2 days.

My fever persisted through Sunday peaking at 102.6. Although being that hot, I never at any point felt nauseous nor did my appetite dwindle. Enjoyment of food did as everything tasted kind of tinny.

Monday I called off of work and they mandated I take a CV test. When I woke up Monday my temp was down to 100.1 and continued taking Ibuprofen. Trying to take a test was difficult. They had free testing in IL at local Emissions stations. I went towards one at 7 am but left because the line was over a mile long, no exaggeration. The station I went to was at 159th and Pulaski and the line stretched past 167th st. If you know the Chicago grid every 8 numbered street equals one mile once you get past 31st St. So I went to a clinic that offered these drive up tests. You waited outside in socially distant intervals. I finally got to the door around 930 where they did a symptom check and didnt want to give me a test because at this time my fever was down to 99.2 but they ultimately relented due to my fever the past few days. At this point, I filled out some paperwork in my car via my phone and got a text back that test would be in a about 2 hours. So I drove home, rested and got back around 1115. Got the call and took the test. It was a throat swab. The lady excoriated me for taking Ibuprofen and made me switch to Acetaminophen. Upon arriving at home, I stopped taking fever reducing drugs cuz upon arriving at home my temp was 98.8

Overnight into Tuesday the fever returned back up to 102. Started taking acetaminophen noticing immediate results. This day I started experiencing some explosive diarrhea like I had never experienced before

Wednesday the fever was gone upon waking, took the meds through Wednesday just to be sure. Diarrhea persisted but other than that and a disappearing cough was 100%

I did not get the results until Friday which were positive but by then all symptoms has vanished. My GF who was still sleeping in the same bed as me during this never contracted it and never had any symptoms. All in all, my experience was it was worse than a cold but not as bad a flu.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 41
July 4th, 2020 at 5:57:03 AM permalink
I put a Q-Tip in my ear yesterday and started coughing, but I don't think that counts as CV. Months ago I had a mild sore throat and took Sucrets for a day to suppress it. I've been beyond exhausted for months, but I'll blame my overindulgence of the news.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 4th, 2020 at 9:32:04 AM permalink
Get well soon. Try to eat a piece of bread 🥖 when you take acetaminophen. Let me know if it worked.

Quote: Gabes22

I had CV as well. I felt off a bit starting Saturday May 2. My GF took my temp and I was at 101. Started taking some Ibuprofen that day. I had a pretty bad cough as well but this did not alarm me as I get 1 to 2 nasty coughs every year, one usually takes my voice for 1 to 2 days.

My fever persisted through Sunday peaking at 102.6. Although being that hot, I never at any point felt nauseous nor did my appetite dwindle. Enjoyment of food did as everything tasted kind of tinny.

Monday I called off of work and they mandated I take a CV test. When I woke up Monday my temp was down to 100.1 and continued taking Ibuprofen. Trying to take a test was difficult. They had free testing in IL at local Emissions stations. I went towards one at 7 am but left because the line was over a mile long, no exaggeration. The station I went to was at 159th and Pulaski and the line stretched past 167th st. If you know the Chicago grid every 8 numbered street equals one mile once you get past 31st St. So I went to a clinic that offered these drive up tests. You waited outside in socially distant intervals. I finally got to the door around 930 where they did a symptom check and didnt want to give me a test because at this time my fever was down to 99.2 but they ultimately relented due to my fever the past few days. At this point, I filled out some paperwork in my car via my phone and got a text back that test would be in a about 2 hours. So I drove home, rested and got back around 1115. Got the call and took the test. It was a throat swab. The lady excoriated me for taking Ibuprofen and made me switch to Acetaminophen. Upon arriving at home, I stopped taking fever reducing drugs cuz upon arriving at home my temp was 98.8

Overnight into Tuesday the fever returned back up to 102. Started taking acetaminophen noticing immediate results. This day I started experiencing some explosive diarrhea like I had never experienced before

Wednesday the fever was gone upon waking, took the meds through Wednesday just to be sure. Diarrhea persisted but other than that and a disappearing cough was 100%

I did not get the results until Friday which were positive but by then all symptoms has vanished. My GF who was still sleeping in the same bed as me during this never contracted it and never had any symptoms. All in all, my experience was it was worse than a cold but not as bad a flu.

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
tringlomane
July 4th, 2020 at 9:34:25 AM permalink
Day 6

Iím pretty sore this morning. My back especially... I just feel like somebody kicked my ass. But otherwise I feel okay. Still a little stuffed up, but my sore throat seems to be better.

I have a symptom that it really bizarre, but is happening to others - a burning sensation under the skin. My back and the top of my head feel sunburned - for lack of a better way to explain it.

98.0F this morning. No cough or shortness of breath at all.

Happy 4th of July everybody 🇺🇸
Just call me Cleo

• Jump to: