Would be great to know if you are a youngster, middle age or older person

Just call me Cleo
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 4th, 2020 at 10:40:14 AM permalink
Cleopatra hopefully this video will cheer you up.

Gotta wait for the music to start. It's hilarious

For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
July 4th, 2020 at 12:10:24 PM permalink
We just don't hear enough about spontaneous human combustion with this COVID-19 disease despite the high fevers.

So we're supposed to take acetaminophen instead of ibuprofen?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
July 4th, 2020 at 12:45:18 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

We just don't hear enough about spontaneous human combustion with this COVID-19 disease despite the high fevers.

I think I read that Ibuprofen was having an exacerbating effect on Covid-19. People who took ibuprofen ended accelerating their symptom progression
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
July 4th, 2020 at 1:06:14 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I think I read that Ibuprofen was having an exacerbating effect on Covid-19. People who took ibuprofen ended accelerating their symptom progression

Very early on they thought this, but fairly quickly did a reversal, saying it made no difference. They (scientists and doctors) have done these "reversals" with many things concerning covid-19. I can appreciate that they are learning as they go being this is a completely new virus. But this is exactly why I don't have a lot of confidence when they start talking about immunity based on having had the virus. They don't know that or how long such an immunity might last. They are truly learning as they go.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 4th, 2020 at 1:09:49 PM permalink
You adapt and overcome. It doesn't matter if it's business, medicine, or gambling.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 4th, 2020 at 5:12:39 PM permalink
I’m doubly jealous! I see all these people eating great food with friends and family - and not only am I still on Covid house arrest, I couldn’t taste it even if I was there 😆

Be safe though, I know this will fall on deaf ears in a lot of spots, but at the very least wash your hands. Frequently!

Enjoy 😊.
Just call me Cleo
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
July 4th, 2020 at 5:44:37 PM permalink
I'm gonna consider this virus like a termite infestation. It could keep coming back to the same person until they've done all they can do.
Meanwhile, the neighbors here keep setting off fireworks and it sounds like a war zone mass shooting.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
July 4th, 2020 at 10:01:30 PM permalink

I'm gonna consider this virus like a termite infestation. It could keep coming back to the same person until they've done all they can do.
Meanwhile, the neighbors here keep setting off fireworks and it sounds like a war zone mass shooting.

There are plenty of firework enthusiasts here, but I've never seen this many. Lots of boomers.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
AxelWolftringlomane
July 5th, 2020 at 5:30:45 AM permalink

I saw more fieworks through my bedroom window last night than I have ever seen. I crawled into bed at about 8:30pm to watch TV. My bedroom window overlooks the south end of the Las Vegas Strip and many communities. From about 8:50 to 10pm it was nonstop fireworks. I just layed in bed and watched out the window. I was surprised by the pure number.

I guess that $1000 a week unemployemnt bought lots of fireworks this year.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 6th, 2020 at 9:56:28 AM permalink
Same here in LA, California

Quote: DRich

I saw more fieworks through my bedroom window last night than I have ever seen. I crawled into bed at about 8:30pm to watch TV. My bedroom window overlooks the south end of the Las Vegas Strip and many communities. From about 8:50 to 10pm it was nonstop fireworks. I just layed in bed and watched out the window. I was surprised by the pure number.

Just call me Cleo
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
Thanked by
RogerKintOnceDear
July 6th, 2020 at 10:49:52 AM permalink
Cleo,

When did the contact tracers contact you to get your list of contacts? Was it the same day or days after your positive test result?
Did they take down your cell phone number and ask you to turn on your location so that they could track you? Did you have to sign a form allowing them to access your cell phone data?

Will you be required test again at a later date to ensure that you're no longer positive?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
July 6th, 2020 at 11:47:34 AM permalink
I live in abject fear of contact tracers because they usually mean a 2 week quarantine and dying alone in 3 weeks.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 6th, 2020 at 11:52:04 AM permalink
Keyser,

You sound concern about you phone data. 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️🤔😂

Lol it was a couple days later. And I didn’t have to sign anything and as far as I know they don’t have access to my cell phone or location. I don’t have to retest - just be at least 10 days from my positive test and be symptom free for 72 hours.

I meet with my primary doctor today Hopefully I can get back on track with my life.

Quote: Keyser

Cleo,

When did the contact tracers contact you to get your list of contacts? Was it the same day or days after your positive test result?
Did they take down your cell phone number and ask you to turn on your location so that they could track you? Did you have to sign a form allowing them to access your cell phone data?

Will you be required test again at a later date to ensure that you're no longer positive?

Just call me Cleo
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 6th, 2020 at 12:47:06 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Some of my friends have saved some substantial money not betting sports. I wonder how many sports bettors have broken their addictions these past few months.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
AxelWolfodiousgambit
July 6th, 2020 at 6:06:31 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Some of my friends have saved some substantial money not betting sports. I wonder how many sports bettors have broken their addictions these past few months.

Addictions have a tendency to come back twice as hard if the cure doesn't take.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 7th, 2020 at 12:40:22 PM permalink
Day 9

I’m on my way to my appointment with my primary care doctor today. I feel pretty good! Nagging sore throat seems gone again.

I’m playing “Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles ☀️ It’s the first time I’ve left my condo in 10 days!

XX fingers I can go back to work soon 🤞🏼
Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 10th, 2020 at 11:35:09 PM permalink
I am officially cleared to return to work on Monday by both the county and my primary doctor. 😊

Thanks again for everyone who helped or checked up on me.

Stay safe.
Just call me Cleo
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 11th, 2020 at 2:07:03 AM permalink

Yes ibuprofen had been associated with more negative outcomes. But the data was a bit weak. Maybe I should buy more Tylenol just in case as I'm generally an Advil guy. But later info hints it's inconclusive too.

Quote: petroglyph

There are plenty of firework enthusiasts here, but I've never seen this many. Lots of boomers.

Just caught up to this. Yes. I literally wanted to punch my neighbors in the face. I hate sudden, loud noises. It mostly went on from June 30th-July 6th here. But one random loud shot tonight too.

Quote: Cleopatra

Keyser,

You sound concern about you phone data. 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️🤔😂

Lol

Quote: Cleopatra

I am officially cleared to return to work on Monday by both the county and my primary doctor. 😊

Thanks again for everyone who helped or checked up on me.

Stay safe.

Congrats on your recovery over what the officials consider a "mild case"!
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 11th, 2020 at 11:57:38 AM permalink
Thank you!
Quote: tringlomane

Congrats on your recovery over what the officials consider a "mild case"!

Just call me Cleo
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 12th, 2020 at 3:03:59 AM permalink
Very interesting thread. Very glad to hear you are cleared. Stay safe
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 12th, 2020 at 8:15:16 AM permalink
I’m blessed. I was scared and very emotional. Thank you for reading my thread.

Quote: avianrandy

Very interesting thread. Very glad to hear you are cleared. Stay safe

Just call me Cleo
  • Jump to: