Thread Rating:

mkl654321
mkl654321
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
November 21st, 2010 at 6:46:30 PM permalink
Quote: avargov

Jerry, I wonder what it is that you do to make drivers get their jobs done faster and more efficiently? Before you answer, I would like you to know that I have several years invested in the transportation industry on both sides of the phone, so calling BS will be real easy. Also, who is it you work for? I missed that post. Just curious about these things.

And as a sidebar, my sainted mother was a HS English teacher. What she did was MUCH more important than what I do, but of course, her salary was a fraction of mine. She is much happier than I am. And I know there is no way I could do her job. I guess it is all about priorities.



Careful. Jerry's going to start insulting your mother, because she didn't make much money, and in his eyes, was therefore worthless.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
avargov
avargov
Joined: Aug 5, 2010
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 615
November 21st, 2010 at 6:52:40 PM permalink
Ahh MKL, I couldn't care less if he insulted my mother, and my mother wouldn't care either. I just want to hear his response to my question. I will know if the first paragraph if he is full of s#!/, and will disregard all the rest. The money he talks about seems to be way out of line in the current economic climate for his claimed position. But who knows...of course without knowing, I will guess the company he works for is very small, and I wouldn't know anything about them.......sigh
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 7191
November 21st, 2010 at 7:16:30 PM permalink
Quote: avargov

.... But who knows...of course without knowing, I will guess the company he works for is very small, and I wouldn't know anything about them.......sigh

avargov, it seems that Jerry may be away from the forum at the mement. In his absence, you might take a look at the last few lines of this post, where Jerry listed his employer and position title.
avargov
avargov
Joined: Aug 5, 2010
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 615
November 21st, 2010 at 7:30:24 PM permalink
Thanks Doc, I peruse the forums on my phone and would have never found that. Now to make some calls....
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
November 22nd, 2010 at 12:56:13 AM permalink
Quote: avargov

Ahh MKL, I couldn't care less if he insulted my mother, and my mother wouldn't care either. I just want to hear his response to my question. I will know if the first paragraph if he is full of s#!/, and will disregard all the rest. The money he talks about seems to be way out of line in the current economic climate for his claimed position. But who knows...of course without knowing, I will guess the company he works for is very small, and I wouldn't know anything about them.......sigh



A cursory search puts them at a three billion dollar company in the nasdaq one hundred...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 1344
November 22nd, 2010 at 4:18:36 AM permalink
Quote: avargov

Jerry, I wonder what it is that you do to make drivers get their jobs done faster and more efficiently? Before you answer, I would like you to know that I have several years invested in the transportation industry on both sides of the phone, so calling BS will be real easy. Also, who is it you work for? I missed that post. Just curious about these things.

And as a sidebar, my sainted mother was a HS English teacher. What she did was MUCH more important than what I do, but of course, her salary was a fraction of mine. She is much happier than I am. And I know there is no way I could do her job. I guess it is all about priorities.



At first glance I see someone who's irritated with me. That's good. I enjoy frustrating those of lesser value. Ask mkl about that.

You also must have missed how happy WE are and how well WE live. You see, I don't live on my mother's apron any more.

Speaking of teaching, since you're so schooled in the trucking industry (eh-em, on both sides of the "phone") then you would know precisely what a Regional Operations VP does, unless, of course, your are only familiar with mom & pop local train wreck outfits. We have computers & GPS in each of our cabs that record everything. The biggest problem (and you supposedly should know this) with drivers is getting them to drive within legal time limits and take their rests accordingly, and still always meet pickup & delivery schedules. Hard for some of them especially during the holidays. I'll leave the rest up to your expertise and ability to call "BS".
mkl654321
mkl654321
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
November 22nd, 2010 at 12:18:54 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

At first glance I see someone who's irritated with me. That's good. I enjoy frustrating those of lesser value. Ask mkl about that.

You also must have missed how happy WE are and how well WE live. You see, I don't live on my mother's apron any more.

Speaking of teaching, since you're so schooled in the trucking industry (eh-em, on both sides of the "phone") then you would know precisely what a Regional Operations VP does, unless, of course, your are only familiar with mom & pop local train wreck outfits. We have computers & GPS in each of our cabs that record everything. The biggest problem (and you supposedly should know this) with drivers is getting them to drive within legal time limits and take their rests accordingly, and still always meet pickup & delivery schedules. Hard for some of them especially during the holidays. I'll leave the rest up to your expertise and ability to call "BS".



I think this response to avargov shows the utter futility of trying to talk to JerryLogan like a human being.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw

  • Jump to: