IndyJeffrey
IndyJeffrey
  • Threads: 13
March 2nd, 2020 at 10:30:16 AM permalink
Looks like you get a second chance this year: Jeopardy! Anytime test

Looks like you are able to take this version one time every 365 days in addition to the scheduled tests!

Good luck!!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 2nd, 2020 at 4:55:58 PM permalink
Quote: IndyJeffrey

Looks like you get a second chance this year: Jeopardy! Anytime test

Looks like you are able to take this version one time every 365 days in addition to the scheduled tests!

Good luck!!

Yeah, to emphasize, you CAN take this even if you took the test this past January, and they will take the better of your two scores.

AP hint. If the test is going badly, quit before the last question. Just dump it. You can go back and start again at least once. The website says "a limited number of attempts". Nobody has said how many that is, but at least 1 Mulligan.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
Thanked by
michael99000
March 3rd, 2020 at 6:31:00 AM permalink
I just took the test. It's very easy to find if you already have an Jeopardy account. It works just like the scheduled tests, 50 questions with 15 seconds each.

This time I don't feel like a total doofus (why doesn't my spell checker like that?), so leave the dunce cap alone. However, I doubt I was impressive enough to make the next step. I got a LOT of questions on opera and plays. A fair bit on literature too. All lousy categories for me. I'm mad at myself that I couldn't think of the name of Jackson Pollock on time.

I speculate the way it works is there is a huge pool of previous Jeopardy questions, difficult ones at that, and they pick from them randomly, as I got questions definitely leaning towards the humanities and hardly any on science. I think the only was "this is the most abundant metal in the earth's crust."
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
March 3rd, 2020 at 8:38:12 AM permalink
Iron.
A falling knife has no handle.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
March 3rd, 2020 at 9:59:17 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Iron.

A long time ago, I memorized this from my roommate's geology book: The top eight elements by mass in the earth's crust are oxygen, silicon, aluminum, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium.

(Just remember: osialfecanakmg.)

For the entire earth, iron would be at the top. For just for the crust, the most abundant metal would be aluminum.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
March 4th, 2020 at 9:06:47 AM permalink
Sorry for the hijack, but I think this is worth sharing.

A one-year update from Alex
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: