onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 12:09:15 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Holy crap. I finally figured it out.

The whole point of this stupid game was to drive traffic to this site. Get visitor counts up etc.

Those are the kinds of metrics that Google loves...

I figured it out, you're DJT, DJT isn't Donald Trump.
I am a robot.
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 12:17:06 PM permalink
SHARE!!!
troopscott
troopscott
  • Threads: 20
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 12:17:39 PM permalink
I am going to change my offer. If all big pool captains steal this round I will add $55 to the big pool pot. Also if once dear provides his/her PayPal I will send over the funds in the next couple hours for safe holding

Quote: Mission146

The Big Pool should actually ALL STEAL now if they believe TroopScott.

Let's figure that the money gets split 29 ways and the Big Pool has 20 of them covered:

(20/29) * 50 = $34.48 ($1.724/player)

But, if the Big Pool splits TroopScott's $40:

40/23 = ($1.73913/player)

---

Therefore, Wizard would save $50 and the Big Pool would split TroopScott's $40 up thereby netting an additional 1.5 pennies per player rather than having one team share. As a whole, the Big Pool would make an additional $5.52 and it would cost TroopScott $38.26 ($40 less his $1.74 share of the $40).

OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 12:32:21 PM permalink
Quote: troopscott

I am going to change my offer. If all big pool captains steal this round I will add $55 to the big pool pot. Also if once dear provides his/her PayPal I will send over the funds in the next couple hours for safe holding

Hi Troopscott,
Because my PayPal account is a business account and denominated in £'s there are prohibitive and unavoidable costs.

However, You can send paypal funds to wizard at no cost to either of you.

Troopscott, I really appreciate your offer. It's an excellent twist on the game. If you add $55 to the pool, and the condition is met, I'll round it up to $60 with $5 of my own.

It's quite funny really that we are not throwing $50 back in the Wizard's face, we are now trying to throw $100 in his face, just to spite some other players.

However Troopscott, you are an unknown to many/most of us. To establish your credibility, I strongly suggest you place the funds with BeachBumBabs, Wizard, or AxelWolf in that order of preference. ( I trust them equally )
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 12:37:20 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Hi Troopscott,
Because my PayPal account is a business account and denominated in £'s there are prohibitive and unavoidable costs.
Troopscott, I really appreciate your offer. It's an excellent twist on the game. If you add $55 to the pool, and the condition is met, I'll round it up to $60 with $5 of my own.

If all big pool captains vote STEAL, I will also donate $20 to the big pool... with only a couple conditions:

1) All big pool captains vote STEAL (or all but 1, if we still want to secure a safe share).

2) No new players are welcome in the big pool.

EDITED IN #3) WE GIVE NO ONE OUTSIDE THE BIG POOL MONEY.

4) After the game the wiz tells us we have "$X" in the big pool and that X is within 95% of what we should have. i.e. no one backs out of the big pool and takes their money on solo.

Thus, if we all just stick to the big pool like we said, and we vote steal this round, we will get an extra $80 in total ($55 from troop, $5 from OD, and $20 from me).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 7th, 2018 at 12:37:49 PM permalink

Crucially, all that requires is all Big Pool captains to steal this round, but not for everybody to steal.

Good deal!

I thought the $40 was more than sufficient, but if you want to do more than that, good on you!

Let's see, so that's 55/23 = $2.3913 per player.

____

What the Big Pool should do now is try to pay DJTeddyBear or MidwestAP to Share after Troopscott has escrowed these funds to OnceDear. Maybe $10?

The reason why is the Big Pool would get a 20/28 share of $50 if DJTeddyBear shares for $35.71 less the $10, so $25.71.

$25.71/23 = $1.12 per player.

That way, the Big Pool all get $2.39 from TroopScott and each get $1.12 of the Wizard's $50 for a total of $3.51 each.

$80.71 total goes to the Big Pool, which is even better than an All Share!

Hell, I might even be able to be talked into sharing under these conditions. Wizard loses $50 and TroopScott loses $55!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 12:42:24 PM permalink
Now we're up to a potential $105 for the big pool (but at least $80) with as little as $0 of it coming from Wizard.

BIG POOL LEADERS: You guys need to hold out for more! Pretty soon these guys are going to offer everyone in the big pool a two-week all expenses paid trip to Hawaii.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 12:48:46 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

4) After the game the wiz tells us we have "$X" in the big pool and that X is within 95% of what we should have. i.e. no one backs out of the big pool and takes their money on solo.

Thus, if we all just stick to the big pool like we said, and we vote steal this round, we will get an extra $80 in total ($55 from troop, $5 from OD, and $20 from me).

Romes, All,

Sorry. There's a block on that. Two actually....

Wizard will almost certainly have no part in the accounting above and beyond sending or assigning the money where we designate.
I and gordonm888 are each taking our final share of the pooled funds, upon completion of the game. I'm going to direct Wizard to send my share to a designated charity. AIUI, Gordon, and maybe others will wish to take their funds away and not apply them to any parlay arrangement.

That said, I hope you will still come up with this contribution.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 12:50:53 PM permalink
I also think it's funny that Romes has to contribute $20 to the Big Pool on the condition that at least 95% of the Big Pool's funds remain in the big pool because he thinks that the Big Pool members who are good for more than the mean average at the end of the game are going to pull out and abandon the Big Pool.

BIG POOL:

-No Central Leadership
-Sometimes No Leadership At All
-No Plan
-No Trust
-No Ability to Play This Game

And, you guys wonder why I didn't want to join!?
Romes
Romes
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 1:13:12 PM permalink

...BIG POOL LEADERS: You guys need to hold out for more! Pretty soon these guys are going to offer everyone in the big pool a two-week all expenses paid trip to Hawaii.

Typical mission trying to stir our pot... tell us again how we need to give the independents half our money and we'll get those magic beans...

...And, you guys wonder why I didn't want to join!?

Yeah, that's mostly because it's a game for cheap takes within an online forum we're causally members of. If this was for serious money we would have elected a leader to take charge and direct each and every round fluently. This is just a bunch of people that want to do something with their pooled few dollars.

So again, ya got us mission. We're not a well oiled machine running like a wall-street business and we don't have a CEO calling all the shots. Good job, ya got us good.

We'll just take our majority of the prize money and do with what we wish now...
Romes
Romes
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 1:16:28 PM permalink

Romes, All,

Sorry. There's a block on that. Two actually....

Wizard will almost certainly have no part in the accounting above and beyond sending or assigning the money where we designate.

That's fine, he did say he'd like to pool it to 1 place/person so it would be easier for him. So all of us in the big pool can send it to 1 person, or if mike wants to play along we can cut him a slice like we did last time. This would give him incentive to hold the winnings and participate along with us.

I think it obvious, and classy, that we give mike a slice of the pie and offer him to join us after the game is over.

I and gordonm888 are each taking our final share of the pooled funds, upon completion of the game. I'm going to direct Wizard to send my share to a designated charity. AIUI, Gordon, and maybe others will wish to take their funds away and not apply them to any parlay arrangement.

That said, I hope you will still come up with this contribution.

I would never be negative towards charity contributions, so those will have to be the only allowed 'out.' I suppose that opens our nose to some people lying about charity and just pocketing the money. Perhaps mike won't name players, but we could get him to agree to just simply give us the number of "people total" that took the money and ran. If the VAST VAST MAJORITY keep their word and money with the big pool, I will donate the $20 I promised.

The other contingencies are still in place. No new big pool players. No money going out to non-big pool players/teams. At least all but 1 big pool captain this round STEALING.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 1:21:20 PM permalink
Reading this thread makes me look forward with anticipation to the NFL Picks game.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 1:22:14 PM permalink

Yeah, that's mostly because it's a game for cheap takes within an online forum we're causally members of. If this was for serious money we would have elected a leader to take charge and direct each and every round fluently. This is just a bunch of people that want to do something with their pooled few dollars.

No, you wouldn't have. You don't even trust everyone in the Big Pool now. How would you with more $$$ involved?

Quote:

So again, ya got us mission. We're not a well oiled machine running like a wall-street business and we don't have a CEO calling all the shots. Good job, ya got us good.

We'll just take our majority of the prize money and do with what we wish now...

Sounds good, have fun with that. Usually when I play a game I define an objective and try to win by achieving it. This game is supposed to be a game of everyone against Wizard, which would make everyone not named, "Wizard," a team.

Unfortunately, half of my teammates are terrible at playing the game and the objective that needed to be satisfied for the result to qualify as a win could not be met.
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 1:24:11 PM permalink
At the end of the day, an ALL SHARE still would have taken $100 from the Wizard, and the three of you could have thrown a combined extra $80 in the pool had you wanted to, and the pool would have had more money.

No matter how you try to spin it, you guys played it badly.
Romes
Romes
Thanked by
prozemaMission146
August 7th, 2018 at 1:27:04 PM permalink

No, you wouldn't have.

Sweet. Thanks for telling me what I would or wouldn't do in certain situations. Guess you know better than me.

It's just a joke to say, or think, that for any level of serious money we wouldn't have taken the game more... seriously.

...No matter how you try to spin it, you guys played it badly.

Nah. I think only one round had a serious hiccup. Not to shabby for no serious leadership in an online game among friends/acquaintances. Just because YOU had the goal of "make the wiz lose the most money" doesn't mean that was our goal. Perhaps the big pool's goal was to get the most of the money that was given out, you know, for the big pool. Seems like we succeeded PRETTY DAMN WELL in that regard.
troopscott
troopscott
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 2:09:47 PM permalink

Hi Troopscott,

It's quite funny really that we are not throwing $50 back in the Wizard's face, we are now trying to throw $100 in his face, just to spite some other players.

However Troopscott, you are an unknown to many/most of us. To establish your credibility, I strongly suggest you place the funds with BeachBumBabs, Wizard, or AxelWolf in that order of preference. ( I trust them equally )

Funds have been sent. An extra $5 was sent with private directions based on how one player votes. This player has not been told of this
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 2:14:02 PM permalink

Sweet. Thanks for telling me what I would or wouldn't do in certain situations. Guess you know better than me.

That's fair, I apologize for that.

Quote:

It's just a joke to say, or think, that for any level of serious money we wouldn't have taken the game more... seriously.

My experience is the more money that gets involved, as you say, the more serious (read: greedy) individual participants in a game, or anything else, tend to be.

Quote:

Nah. I think only one round had a serious hiccup. Not to shabby for no serious leadership in an online game among friends/acquaintances. Just because YOU had the goal of "make the wiz lose the most money" doesn't mean that was our goal. Perhaps the big pool's goal was to get the most of the money that was given out, you know, for the big pool. Seems like we succeeded PRETTY DAMN WELL in that regard.

You haven't. This round will be a screw-up in that regard, as well, because an All Share would have yielded more money for the big pool. The big pool just did not want to work with the independents because of greed, which is my point if the stakes would have been higher.

Look at TroopScott a few rounds ago, he wanted to punish people for not being in the big pool. He wanted to do an All Steal just so nobody would get anything.

Shortly after, the Big Pool declared that nobody new could join the big pool.

SOOPOO's singular obsession has been to not work with small poolers or independents.

I had already shared and it seems so had DJTeddyBear.

My original idea was just to encourage the big pool to sweeten the deal for DJTeddyBear and MidwestAP, but then I decided that wasn't fair to the other side poolers or independents who would have no say in the matter. That's when I originally came up with the idea to break off a piece of the Big Pool (only after an All Share) and distribute it to the small pool and independents...which the big pool technically could have reneged on per the game rules...but you couldn't even bring yourselves to do that.

I decided it especially wasn't fair to the side pool because I control 2/4 side pool shares this round and was sharing. So, before I knew anything of RS' results, I suggested the big pool break off $20 and share it among the seven side poolers/independents who I did not control...and:

Quote: SOOPOO

IN NO WAY will I vote to give some big pool money to non big pool players, regardless of the potential EV.

Quote: UKMark

I realise this may be seen as -ev but if we all talk about sharing then (if i was not sharing and captain then I'd look to steal) any non sharing leader could vote steal to bag the $50

Quote: TroopScott

This is the last chance for independent and PONA to steal and pad their pool. There is no downside for one of them to lie and say they are sharing and steal anyway.

So, despite conspiring against us directly the last two rounds, ironically, it is the Big Pool who are unwilling to trust us.

Except SOOPOO, who still somehow fails to understand the game wouldn't have went this long if all 33 players had agreed to pool funds. He just didn't want to share with any non big poolers because...reasons.

Further, I had already sent TroopScott, OnceDear and UKMark a PM stating that I hoped Wizard would make all of us captains (since it looked like we were fighting) and the All Share would be a lock. The idea was I told them they could share those PM's in the event that we were all made captains. Gordon already shared his response to that.

And, that was over two weeks ago.

Also, I've done nothing in this game but share.

But, somehow I can't be trusted and you guys are too greedy to cut the independents a slice, even if it benefits the big pool overall.

So, yes, were more money involved, I think this game would be even more cutthroat.
troopscott
troopscott
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 2:35:39 PM permalink
You whine more than my 5 year old I do believe

That's fair, I apologize for that.

My experience is the more money that gets involved, as you say, the more serious (read: greedy) individual participants in a game, or anything else, tend to be.

You haven't. This round will be a screw-up in that regard, as well, because an All Share would have yielded more money for the big pool. The big pool just did not want to work with the independents because of greed, which is my point if the stakes would have been higher.

Look at TroopScott a few rounds ago, he wanted to punish people for not being in the big pool. He wanted to do an All Steal just so nobody would get anything.

Shortly after, the Big Pool declared that nobody new could join the big pool.

SOOPOO's singular obsession has been to not work with small poolers or independents.

I had already shared and it seems so had DJTeddyBear.

My original idea was just to encourage the big pool to sweeten the deal for DJTeddyBear and MidwestAP, but then I decided that wasn't fair to the other side poolers or independents who would have no say in the matter. That's when I originally came up with the idea to break off a piece of the Big Pool (only after an All Share) and distribute it to the small pool and independents...which the big pool technically could have reneged on per the game rules...but you couldn't even bring yourselves to do that.

I decided it especially wasn't fair to the side pool because I control 2/4 side pool shares this round and was sharing. So, before I knew anything of RS' results, I suggested the big pool break off $20 and share it among the seven side poolers/independents who I did not control...and:

So, despite conspiring against us directly the last two rounds, ironically, it is the Big Pool who are unwilling to trust us.

Except SOOPOO, who still somehow fails to understand the game wouldn't have went this long if all 33 players had agreed to pool funds. He just didn't want to share with any non big poolers because...reasons.

Further, I had already sent TroopScott, OnceDear and UKMark a PM stating that I hoped Wizard would make all of us captains (since it looked like we were fighting) and the All Share would be a lock. The idea was I told them they could share those PM's in the event that we were all made captains. Gordon already shared his response to that.

And, that was over two weeks ago.

Also, I've done nothing in this game but share.

But, somehow I can't be trusted and you guys are too greedy to cut the independents a slice, even if it benefits the big pool overall.

So, yes, were more money involved, I think this game would be even more cutthroat.

Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 2:37:22 PM permalink

You whine more than my 5 year old I do believe

You suck at this game harder than my seven or ten year old would.

The best part is you could have sucked for free, now you're paying $55-$60 to suck.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
Mission146OnceDearprozema
August 7th, 2018 at 2:42:02 PM permalink
Here is my updated table of winnings through game 11 in order of winnings. I welcome any corrections. Again, this does not consider any vote-buying money.

Player Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9 Round 10 Round 11 0.4
SOOPOO 0.5 0 0 1 0.4 0 1.79 0.67 1.43 0 25 30.78
PlayYourCardsRight 0 0.5 1 1.25 0.5 0 1.43 0.67 1.43 5 0 11.77
PokerGrinder 0.4 0 0 1 0 0.67 1.43 0.83 1.79 5 0 11.11
gamerfreak 0 0.4 0 1 0.5 0.67 1.43 0.67 1.43 5 0 11.09
prozema 0.4 0.4 0 1 0.4 0 1.43 0.67 1.43 5 0 10.72
JohnnyQ 0 0.4 0 1 0.4 0 1.43 0 1.43 5 0 9.66
Nathan 0.5 0.4 1.25 0 0.4 0.67 1.79 0.67 1.79 0 0 7.45
UKMark 0.4 0.4 1.25 0 0.4 0.67 1.79 0.67 1.43 0 0 7
GWAE 0.4 0.4 0 1 0.4 0.67 1.43 0.83 1.79 0 0 6.91
onenickelmiracle 0.5 0 1.25 1 0.4 0 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 6.67
Joeman 0.4 0 1.25 1 0 0.67 1.43 0 1.79 0 0 6.53
Ayecarumba 0.4 0.4 0 1 0.4 0.67 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 6.39
Face 0.4 0.4 1 0 0.5 0 1.79 0.83 1.43 0 0 6.35
troopscott 0.5 0.5 1 0 0 0.67 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 6.19
miplet 0.5 0.5 0 0 0.4 0.67 1.43 0.83 1.79 0 0 6.11
DJTeddyBear 0.4 0.4 0 1 0.4 0 1.79 0.67 1.43 0 0 6.08
gordonm888 0 0.4 1 0 0.4 0.67 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 5.99
RS 0.5 0.4 0 0 0.4 0.67 1.43 0.67 1.79 0 0 5.85
beachbumbabs 0.4 0.4 0 0 0.4 0.67 1.79 0.67 1.43 0 0 5.75
Dalex64 0.4 0.4 0 1 0.4 0 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 5.72
MidwestAP 0.4 0.4 0 1 0.4 0 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 5.72
Mikey75 0 0.4 0 1 0.4 0 1.43 0.67 1.79 0 0 5.68
djatc 0 0 0 1 0.4 0.67 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 5.59
Romes 0 0 0 1.25 0.4 0 1.43 0.67 1.79 0 0 5.53
Keeneone 0 0.4 0 1.25 0 0 1.43 0.83 1.43 0 0 5.34
Jufo81 0 0 1 0 0.5 0 1.43 0.83 1.43 0 0 5.19
OnceDear 0.5 0.4 0 1.25 0 0 1.43 0 1.43 0 0 5.01
MaxPen 0 0.5 0 0 0.4 0 1.79 0.83 1.43 0 0 4.95
AxelWolf 0 0 0 0 0.4 0.67 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 4.59
SM777 0 0.4 0 0 0 0.67 1.43 0.67 1.43 0 0 4.59
Jmarch79 0.5 0.4 0 0 0 0 1.43 0 1.43 0 0 3.76
Mission146 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.43 0.83 1.43 0 0 3.69
Torghatten 0 0.4 0 0 0 0 1.79 0 1.43 0 0 3.61
billryan 0.4 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.4
Boz 0.4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.4
HeyMrDJ 0.4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.4
sodawater 0.4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.4
Total 10 10 10 20 10 10 50 20 25 25 25 240

SOOPOO is obviously the big winner after the round 11 windfall. Otherwise, I'd like to recognize the following players, in order, for making it over $10, although it being primarily due to the single-team win in round 10:

PlayYourCardsRight
PokerGrinder
gamerfreak
prozema

A Miss Congeniality win to Nathan for having the most winnings of anyone who got zeroed out in rounds 10 and 11.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
troopscott
troopscott
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 2:45:23 PM permalink

You suck at this game harder than my seven or ten year old would.

The best part is you could have sucked for free, now you're paying $55-$60 to suck.

At the end of the day you can vote share so your side pool walks with pennies but costs me money or you can steal trying to prevent the big pool from maximizing funds. Djteddy will make money by stealing so it is all on your shoulders how this round plays out. Please feel free to make the big pool captains a better offer or try to convince them not to fall prey to my manipulation. Either way that crappy deal you were offering is off the table.
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 2:58:28 PM permalink

At the end of the day you can vote share so your side pool walks with pennies but costs me money or you can steal trying to prevent the big pool from maximizing funds. Djteddy will make money by stealing so it is all on your shoulders how this round plays out. Please feel free to make the big pool captains a better offer or try to convince them not to fall prey to my manipulation. Either way that crappy deal you were offering is off the table.

How does that make sense? If I share and DJTeddyBear steals, we get nothing. Your contribution is also based on the four big pool captains stealing. Do you really think I'm that much of an idiot?

I don't care what the big pool captains do. I'm not paying to get an All Share. The idea in this game is to win as much money off of the Wizard as possible, not for me to pay to get the result I want.
UKMark
UKMark
  • Threads: 7
Thanked by
OnceDearMission146
August 7th, 2018 at 3:01:03 PM permalink
OK, so here we have it. As I am x hours ahead of most of you and I have no idea what is going on in this new game called "Mission v's Romes" based on number of posts and replies to posts (laugh , it's only a game) and don't want to end up breaking whatever deal is struck by inadvertently voting the wrong way please can someone or several of you drop me a post or pm that I can read in the morning before I cast team 3's vote.

Thank You and goodnight :-)
Success comes in cans, not cant's
troopscott
troopscott
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 3:23:51 PM permalink
Quote: UKMark

OK, so here we have it. As I am x hours ahead of most of you and I have no idea what is going on in this new game called "Mission v's Romes" based on number of posts and replies to posts (laugh , it's only a game) and don't want to end up breaking whatever deal is struck by inadvertently voting the wrong way please can someone or several of you drop me a post or pm that I can read in the morning before I cast team 3's vote.

Thank You and goodnight :-)

Steal
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 207
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 3:55:11 PM permalink
Man o man. It sure was fun screwing with all your heads.

But you all can relax.

Share.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 4:46:45 PM permalink

I've been willing to cooperate the whole game.
Especially at this point, I think it's obvious the "max EV" the big pool can get (including our confidence levels) is going to be to STEAL. So no, I don't think we're "missing out" by stealing. I think it's the best mathematical EV choice.

ROFL 🤣 🤣🤣

That’s not cooperation.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 5:12:20 PM permalink
I have to read all of this, and I am glazed over with all the machinations and manipulations.

I am in receipt of $60 escrow from troopscott.

I'm lost as to the various conditions attached to the various configurations.

Perhaps a quick review from someone who has followed all the twists and turns? Correct these as necessary.

1. Wizard offers $50 for 1-6 steals
$100 for All Share
$0 for all Steal.

2. Troopscott offers $55 to the big pool if all big pool captains vote steal (4 of them). Extra $5 for 1 individual condition to be named later.

3. Someone offered $5. For something. Think it was Mission.

4. Romes offered $20 to someone for something.

5. Without any vote taken by the big pool, some people are saying the big pool is closed to joiners. This seems arbitrary and without a particular deadline made or kept to me. Perhaps I missed it.

6. Wizard's numbers are skewed without the OD contributions, which must be factored in.

7. There's some condition that people in the big pool have to meet to get a bonus from someone. It may be one of those above. But it furthers the confusion between pooling winnings as a strategy and making a group bet after the game is over.

8. The latest is the most divisive yet. The Wizard has offered cover to anyone who claims their share of the big pool privately, then claims their money is still pooled and they want a percentage of the pool they no longer have equity in. I don't like this twist at all. I don't see anyone taking advantage of it, but if someone does, it will easily disrupt and disgruntle a couple dozen people.

Anybody want to clarify any of this before votes are due tomorrow morning? I would appreciate it. But looking for short and direct info, not all the nuance.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 5:30:14 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

8. The latest is the most divisive yet. The Wizard has offered cover to anyone who claims their share of the big pool privately, then claims their money is still pooled and they want a percentage of the pool they no longer have equity in. I don't like this twist at all. I don't see anyone taking advantage of it, but if someone does, it will easily disrupt and disgruntle a couple dozen people.

This game is based on trust and honesty. I've said many times that I don't respect pools and will pay players per their wishes and will keep such wishes confidential. To elaborate on how I will pay, players may send their winnings to other players for any reason they wish. However, I will wait until all players have reported their request for how to be paid, and then add up funds going to the same player and then send them to him, with no comment on who they are from.

For example if players x, y, and z ask that their funds be sent to Romes, I'll send Romes one payment for the total winnings between x, y, and z, without comment.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 5:37:12 PM permalink
I don't have a PayPal account, so there is no way I can get paid anyways. :P
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 5:50:29 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I don't have a PayPal account, so there is no way I can get paid anyways. :P

We can electronically send an Amazon gift card to your email/Amazon acct, good for any purchase on Amazon. Or we will find some way to send you the money.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 5:53:47 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

1. Wizard offers $50 for 1-6 steals
$100 for All Share
$0 for all Steal.

Yes.

Quote:

2. Troopscott offers $55 to the big pool if all big pool captains vote steal (4 of them). Extra $5 for 1 individual condition to be named later.

Yes.

Quote:

3. Someone offered $5. For something. Think it was Mission.

No. OnceDear said he would add $5 to TroopScott's $55 if all members of the Big Pool steal to make it an even $60.

Quote:

4. Romes offered $20 to someone for something.

Romes offers $20 if all members of the big pool who are also leaders this round Steal, or if 3/4 Steal. There is some other contingency with a large majority of the big poolers actually contributing their funds at the end of the game to the big pool, donations excluded.

Maybe some other stuff. That's all I remember off of the top of my head and it has nothing to do with me.

Quote:

5. Without any vote taken by the big pool, some people are saying the big pool is closed to joiners. This seems arbitrary and without a particular deadline made or kept to me. Perhaps I missed it.

The big pool has no leadership. The big pool has no strategy. The big pool is a conglomeration of individual actors with too many actors who do not know how to play this game well.

Quote:

6. Wizard's numbers are skewed without the OD contributions, which must be factored in.

I think they are in OnceDear's chart on the other thread.

Quote:

7. There's some condition that people in the big pool have to meet to get a bonus from someone. It may be one of those above. But it furthers the confusion between pooling winnings as a strategy and making a group bet after the game is over.

Big Pool = Confusion.

Nothing to see there.

Quote:

Yeah, I think it's pretty funny, if you want to know the truth.

Quote:

Anybody want to clarify any of this before votes are due tomorrow morning? I would appreciate it. But looking for short and direct info, not all the nuance.

That's all I'm willing to figure out.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
RS
August 7th, 2018 at 5:57:45 PM permalink
I just remembered Romes' other condition: No new players may join the Big Pool.

Romes = The Ultimate Cooperator
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
Mission146Joeman
August 7th, 2018 at 6:01:27 PM permalink
I may or may not have hacked Wizard's account and took the following screenshot:
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
Mission146miplet
August 7th, 2018 at 6:16:12 PM permalink
Would have been better if you didnt use the same subject format for all.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 6:18:54 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Would have been better if you didnt use the same subject format for all.

One was a steal :+) I just copied the format that Wizard used in his sample. I even edited the timestamps. :+)
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
Mission146
August 7th, 2018 at 6:30:26 PM permalink
everytime I check this thread it's like 10 pages long I have to read, and I ain't about that life so I'll concede my vote to my team captain.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
Thanked by
mipletMission146
August 7th, 2018 at 6:49:56 PM permalink
Quote: miplet

One was a steal :+) I just copied the format that Wizard used in his sample. I even edited the timestamps. :+)

Nice work Miplet!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Nathan
Nathan
Thanked by
Mission146miplet
August 7th, 2018 at 7:30:48 PM permalink
Sharing is caring. ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Thanked by
Mission146miplet
August 7th, 2018 at 8:36:16 PM permalink

Sharing is caring. ;)

I care
I share
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
UKMark
UKMark
  • Threads: 7
Thanked by
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 1:04:03 AM permalink
Well, I must say it has been fun, unpredictable, insightful, entertaining and confusing but at the end of the day I hope that the team leaders will do the right and best thing and remember the core goal at the beginning of this game, get the most out of the Wizard.

On that note Team 3's vote has been cast.

Will be fun to see the outcome.
Success comes in cans, not cant's
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
Thanked by
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 5:15:12 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Nice work Miplet!

Indeed!

But I think the giveaway for me was the fact that you only show 21 pages of Inbox. I'm sure Wiz has >20x that amount. The co-op game alone probably accounts for more than 21 pages.

Your screenshot reminded me of college when I used to work as an assistant/grader for a Fortran class. We were all on a Vax system, and there was one terminal in the office. If the assistant before you accidentally left himself logged in when he left, you were just about obligated to screw with his account.

A fellow grader did a doozy on one of our colleagues. He wrote a program that would execute when the user logged in. The program mimicked the usual prompt screen that showed when you logged in, except whatever you typed at the prompt would return an "invalid command" type error. The message was identical to the one you would receive if you typed gibberish (under normal circumstances) at the prompt. Had the poor guy tearing out his hair trying to figure what was going on!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Thanked by
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 5:33:59 AM permalink
So? Is everyone on board to share?
troopscott
troopscott
Thanked by
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 5:48:46 AM permalink

Sounding that way
Nathan
Nathan
Thanked by
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 5:58:41 AM permalink

Uh, ....:/
Nathan
Nathan
Thanked by
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 5:59:55 AM permalink
Just a reminder. The game ends in less than three hours if you live in Vegas! So, everyone get those last minute Share or Steal votes in! This is Death Valley right now! We are in the home stretch now! :D We are in the last inning of a baseball game! :D
Mission146
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 6:43:21 AM permalink

Oh, Hell, let’s try it.
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
Thanked by
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 6:48:18 AM permalink
How you guys got to all share after the last 10 or so pages is beyond me, but as a non voter, I can't wait to see the results.

Very entertaining round everyone!
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
troopscottMission146SOOPOO
August 8th, 2018 at 7:01:36 AM permalink

Just a reminder. The game ends in less than three hours if you live in Vegas!

Well, this is just so spooky. Almost like the most fantastic coinkydink.
At that very moment that Nathan observed that the game was ending in 'less than three hours if you live in Vegas', it was also 'ending in less than three hours if you live in Florida' and 'ending in less than three hours if you live in England'
Remarkable!
It must be some trick that Wizard has pulled off so that we British players can't use the 8 hour time difference and reveal the secret results before you guys over there have even voted.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 7:10:15 AM permalink
Quote: prozema

Very entertaining round everyone!

It was???

One mans trash...

Perhaps there was something interesting in one of the Missions long-winded posts I missed?

I don't know why I got the feeling that DJTB was somehow encouraged by Mike to mess with everyone.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
miplet
August 8th, 2018 at 7:14:12 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Perhaps there was something interesting in one of the Missions long-winded posts I missed?

If there was, I put it there by accident.
  • Jump to: