Thread Rating:

Poll

23 votes (69.69%)
3 votes (9.09%)
4 votes (12.12%)
1 vote (3.03%)
3 votes (9.09%)
2 votes (6.06%)
1 vote (3.03%)
1 vote (3.03%)
No votes (0%)
4 votes (12.12%)

33 members have voted

UKMark
UKMark
Joined: Jan 6, 2017
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 71
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 12th, 2018 at 10:48:06 AM permalink
Now I've caught up with all the last 10 pages I would also like to add my thanks to the Wizard for running and providing the funds for the game. It was very amusing with all the banter and opinions and in the end we got some $$ together to lose in some wild ponzi scheme....lol....I hope not.

I think it's now over to Axelwolf.
Success comes in cans, not cant's
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 3176
August 12th, 2018 at 2:21:32 PM permalink
Bernie Madoff, #61727-054
Federal Correctional Institution
Butner, North Carolina
All around me are familiar faces / Worn out places, worn out faces / Bright and early for their daily races / Going nowhere, going nowhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLnwIkkps
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
August 12th, 2018 at 2:45:49 PM permalink
Axel, please do not let us down. If you do I will be more upset than a guy who lost almost a million making high and stupid bets because he was beyond drunk. ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8006
August 12th, 2018 at 3:18:22 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Axel, please do not let us down. If you do I will be more upset than a guy who lost almost a million making high and stupid bets because he was beyond drunk. ;)

You're not going to see a dime of that money. Even if he wins, he'll say something happened and spend the money on hookers and blow.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
August 12th, 2018 at 3:31:17 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

You're not going to see a dime of that money. Even if he wins, he'll say something happened and spend the money on hookers and blow.



I sure hope that was meant as a bad joke. Axel has been generous and forthright in the past. The game is over, so I recommend you be very careful about throwing doubt on another memberís character without supporting evidence.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 4715
August 12th, 2018 at 4:12:33 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

You're not going to see a dime of that money. Even if he wins, he'll say something happened and spend the money on hookers and blow.

I'm quite convinced that ONM was joking, but for the sake of clarity, don't suggest or state that a member here would cheat fellow members out of money unless you have extremely strong evidence or apply a disclaimer that it is your idea of humour. To do so is an unacceptable personal insult.

1 day suspension to OneNickelMiracle. Another moderator may over-rule me and apply a longer suspension or cancel this one.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14231
August 12th, 2018 at 4:54:25 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'm quite convinced that ONM was joking, but for the sake of clarity, don't suggest or state that a member here would cheat fellow members out of money unless you have extremely strong evidence or apply a disclaimer that it is your idea of humour. To do so is an unacceptable personal insult.

1 day suspension to OneNickelMiracle. Another moderator may over-rule me and apply a longer suspension or cancel this one.



I'm not going to overrule you, but I too think ONM was joking, and probably thought it was in the thread where lying within the game is allowed, so was done in fun. Certainly worse shade was thrown without repercussions. If you decide to retract the suspension based on what I'm saying, feel free, but I don't think you're wrong, either.

So for clarity. For everybody. THE GAME IS OVER. LYING OR INSULTING IN FUN ENDED WITH THE GAME. Regular rules are back in effect. Thank you.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3430
August 12th, 2018 at 7:28:49 PM permalink
I never thought I'd see the day that Onenickelmiracle got suspended. I too thought what got him temporarily suspended was a light hearted joke.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
August 12th, 2018 at 7:39:55 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I never thought I'd see the day that Onenickelmiracle got suspended. I too thought what got him temporarily suspended was a light hearted joke.



I thought you didn't want to talk about banned members here? Or is that only if it's Kentry?

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/casual-corner/30628-cooperation-game-ii/220/#post667173

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/casual-corner/30628-cooperation-game-ii/220/#post667179
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 4715
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 13th, 2018 at 1:04:34 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm not going to overrule you, but I too think ONM was joking, and probably thought it was in the thread where lying within the game is allowed, so was done in fun. Certainly worse shade was thrown without repercussions. If you decide to retract the suspension based on what I'm saying, feel free, but I don't think you're wrong, either.

So for clarity. For everybody. THE GAME IS OVER. LYING OR INSULTING IN FUN ENDED WITH THE GAME. Regular rules are back in effect. Thank you.

OK, I did think it was borderline and almost made it a stern warning, but to me, having your integrity questioned so strongly, is the worst personal insult, especially for a member who values his reputation so much. A smiley would have made all the difference.

ONM had just 1/3 day suspended. Seems a more appropriate sentence.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..

  • Jump to: