BodogBecky
BodogBecky
  • Threads: 2
July 21st, 2010 at 4:19:29 PM permalink
Hello Everyone,

I have what I hope is a nice excuse for you to book a trip to Vegas this summer, or good news for those of you who already live there:

CalvinAyre.com is organizing a social in Vegas right on the strip on Friday night, August 27th, hosted by BodogBecky (me!). The purpose of this social is to bring the gaming forum community together and to have a lot of drinks and some fun in the VIP section of a nice club on CalvinAyre.com's dollar...all you have to do is RSVP at posterparty@gmail.com with your forum name, include that you’re Wizard of Vegas member, if you're bringing a significant other, and I’ll provide more specific information as the time gets closer. I sincerely hope you can make it!!

http://calvinayre.com/2010/06/16/conferences/calvinayre-com-poster-party-august-27th-youre-invited/

Becky
Rebecca Liggero (BodogBecky) Global Brand Ambassador, BodogBrand.com Head Reporter&Int’l Socialite, CalvinAyre.com
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
July 21st, 2010 at 7:15:01 PM permalink
I'll be there, and would be happy to chat with any members. I will bring my backgammon and cribbage sets, should anybody care to challenge me.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
July 21st, 2010 at 8:16:21 PM permalink
Dang I will be in Vegas the week before!
BodogBecky
BodogBecky
July 22nd, 2010 at 3:19:57 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'll be there, and would be happy to chat with any members. I will bring my backgammon and cribbage sets, should anybody care to challenge me.

Love it!! I don't care to challenge you, but I will watch. :)

Becky
Rebecca Liggero (BodogBecky) Global Brand Ambassador, BodogBrand.com Head Reporter&Int’l Socialite, CalvinAyre.com
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
July 22nd, 2010 at 3:38:01 PM permalink
darn it.. I'll be in town Sep 26-29 :)

Wish me luck in the Bodog Mini-Series final tonight!
BodogBecky
BodogBecky
August 16th, 2010 at 6:52:16 PM permalink
Good luck! :)

For the rest of you guys, the venue for the CalvinAyre.com Poster Social on August 27th has been determined...Noir Bar, the VIP section of LAX in the Luxor.  I have heard this place is great so we're in for a good night I'm sure! The guest list closes at the end of the day on Tuesday, August 17th, so if you have not done so already, please send in those RSVPs if you'd like to attend...details can be found at the link below!

http://calvinayre.com/2010/08/17/lifestyle/bodogbecky-noir-bar-august-27/

Becky
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
August 29th, 2010 at 4:28:25 AM permalink
Nice to meet you last night Becky, it was a really fun party! Although WOO managed to beat me in yet another prop bet when I said the waitress would know who the Vice President is. The waitress said Dick Cheney and the Wizard takes my money again.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
August 29th, 2010 at 5:34:22 AM permalink
Sorry Jim, I was almost stealing with that bet. Ask a young hot girl who the vice president is, and the chances are not good she is going to know.

Thanks for the party Becky! It was fun.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 29th, 2010 at 5:57:01 AM permalink
I sure hope The Wizard offered you odds on that bet. I wouldn't have expected a Tray Lizard to know the name of the Vice President, unless perhaps he was a big tipper. It wouldn't matter if the Tray Lizard was bright and inclined to political awareness either. You should have demanded steep odds.

I recently traveled and as my companion and I were settling into the room, she happened upon the Gideon Bible so I used this opportunity to propose one of the oldest foolish bets there is. Well, with Judges:16-19 right there we determined that Delilah summoned a man and had him cut Sampson's hair, but, as always, my companion never pays me the hundred dollars when she loses! When will I ever learn?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
August 29th, 2010 at 7:10:20 AM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

Nice to meet you last night Becky, it was a really fun party! Although WOO managed to beat me in yet another prop bet when I said the waitress would know who the Vice President is. The waitress said Dick Cheney and the Wizard takes my money again.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you got hooked into a Wizard prop bet! Don't you know not to bet against him? See my trip report from the last meetup ... Nareed, I think you need to add this to your ironclad rules of Las Vegas.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 29th, 2010 at 7:42:15 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you got hooked into a Wizard prop bet! Don't you know not to bet against him? See my trip report from the last meetup ... Nareed, I think you need to add this to your ironclad rules of Las Vegas.

Don't be silly. Beating the Wizard on a prop bet is a real Vegas challenge. You just have to figure out what bet to pick.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
August 29th, 2010 at 2:00:56 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Over the years I have won exactly one prop bet every with WOO yet I do it again and again. To be fair here, he asked which side I wanted in the bet and I thought she'd know it. I immediately knew I was in trouble when a girl I knew who had met up with WOO and me didn't know the answer and had been a political science major!
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
August 29th, 2010 at 3:16:54 PM permalink
Okay. It is ill-advised to bet against the Wizard if he offers you one side of the bet only. If you can take either side I say go for the challenge. (But he'll still beat you). Incidentally, I knew about the Vice President hook since we talked about that one at the Rampart meetup.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
BodogBecky
BodogBecky
August 29th, 2010 at 7:08:50 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

Soo nice to meet you too!! Have a look at my pictures and article from the night...I even mention the Wizard and his cribbage board. :)

http://calvinayre.com/2010/08/28/lifestyle/calvinayre-com-poster-party-highlights-pics-and-daf/

See you again soon I hope,
Becky
  • Jump to: