Thread Rating:

Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 18th, 2017 at 10:41:24 AM permalink
It's been normal so far the last two days.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 120
September 18th, 2017 at 10:47:47 AM permalink
Gordon,

RE: Picks Game

For that exact reason, I included my E-Mail addy in both Picks reminders PM's, including the one from Week 1. Feel free to grab my E-Mail from that PM and E-Mail your Week 3 Picks to me if you are concerned about ability to connect. Indeed, other players have availed themselves of this option.

We should be on the new servers by Week 4. When the transition is complete, the next reminder PM after that will request Picks NOT be E-Mailed.
Vultures can't be choosers.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 176
September 18th, 2017 at 10:55:30 AM permalink
For a while this morning, I instantly got a plain screen that said maintenance was being performed.

Now, it takes just a very acceptable ~2 seconds to load pages.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 32
September 18th, 2017 at 11:13:01 AM permalink
Mission:

Yes, and I was aware of that but I couldn't access the WOV site to read the PMs with your email addy! I have since written your email addy down, LOL. But I will also need to access the WOV site (from the Carribean) to read the lines you post on Thursdays. I think Week 4 is the timeframe I am in the Carribean, so maybe the access issues will be resolved soon enough. That is the schedule info I was seeking, thank you.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
September 18th, 2017 at 12:42:50 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

It's been normal so far the last two days.

Quote: DJTeddyBear

For a while this morning, I instantly got a plain screen that said maintenance was being performed.

Now, it takes just a very acceptable ~2 seconds to load pages.

I have encountered some annoying delays for a few weeks, but in contrast to what IBYA posted, I found that yesterday (Sunday 9/17) was by far the worst that I have experienced. Sometimes, I could not get onto the site at all, and when I could, it took ten minutes or more to get a page to load. The site was essentially unusable from my perspective.

However, today I have seen just what DJTB reported: an announcement (apparently from JB) that maintenance was being performed and that the site would return soon, followed a bit later by a site with much speedier responsiveness. I don't know what the "maintenance" consisted of, but it certainly seems to have been effective.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
September 18th, 2017 at 2:15:35 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

The site seems to be running great for me today. I'm guessing it might have been moved to the Amazon server.

Amazon? As in Jeff Bezos' Amazon?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 120
September 18th, 2017 at 2:28:34 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Mission:

Yes, and I was aware of that but I couldn't access the WOV site to read the PMs with your email addy! I have since written your email addy down, LOL. But I will also need to access the WOV site (from the Carribean) to read the lines you post on Thursdays. I think Week 4 is the timeframe I am in the Carribean, so maybe the access issues will be resolved soon enough. That is the schedule info I was seeking, thank you.

You made Week 1 Picks, so I'd assumed you read that PM, sorry if I'm mistaken. My lines come from:

www.vegasinsider.com

I always post the lines at some point Thursday, so if you take them down Thursday, preferably evening, they shouldn't have changed much. If you want to shoot me an E-Mail, I'll also be happy to E-Mail you the official lines until such time as this us 100% resolved.

You're welcome, sorry about all the trouble.
Vultures can't be choosers.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
September 18th, 2017 at 2:51:44 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Amazon? As in Jeff Bezos' Amazon?

They've had cloud web services for a couple years now:

https://aws.amazon.com
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 33
September 18th, 2017 at 5:27:57 PM permalink
I have noticed that the VP trainers over on WoO have been down for the last 3-4 days. When I go to the site, I get this:

Quote: wizardofodds.com/play/video-poker/single-hand/

Sorry, an error has occurred on our end. The error has been logged and will be reviewed.
In the meantime, please try your request again if you haven't already.
If you continue to see this screen, rest assured that the problem will be investigated and fixed soon.

Can I assume the server switch will fix this problem as well?
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 192
September 18th, 2017 at 8:20:07 PM permalink
My forum signature used to be "if I don't write things down, I tend to forget them". I do forget them and dont have them available if I need them. I would have written down the email somewhere safe or put it in my contacts list. Other than keeping a copy somewhere, usually good glancing at your notes so you can keep them in mind.

Can't blame the site for a lack of personal preparedness. If you can't get on, have to try later or try another device. I'd go to the library if I had to to be sure and check if they worked.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves

• Jump to: