Thread Rating:

mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 80
October 24th, 2017 at 10:24:37 AM permalink
It is getting really bad again.

** Not a complaint, just info for you admins.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 16
October 24th, 2017 at 11:00:54 AM permalink
There are times when accessing through work network that it won't let me get here because the network is "unsecure". So some how the security certificate still isn't correct. Other times it let's me in.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 176
October 26th, 2017 at 8:38:22 PM permalink
It's been great for a couple days now, but apparently, that's a double-edged sword.

The spammers are back…
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 17
October 27th, 2017 at 2:55:52 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

There are times when accessing through work network that it won't let me get here because the network is "unsecure". So some how the security certificate still isn't correct. Other times it let's me in.

The SSL certificate is valid. The trusted authority verifying it is Go Daddy. However, the certificate used does not list organizational information. A certificate listing organizational information would cost a lot of money as the issuing authority would verify the business getting the certificate. I don't know if any money was paid for the certificate in use, but a valid SSL certificate without the organizational information can be had for free: you just have to prove you have control of the domain for which it is issued. With or without the organizational information an SSL certificate provides security in that web site traffic is encrypted. Your work network may incorrectly say this site is insecure because the SSL certificate doesn't include the organizational information. You only need to be concerned about certificates with organizational information if you're doing sensitive transactions such as those involving money or confidential information.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 49
October 27th, 2017 at 8:56:56 AM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

Whoa! What service! I'm now getting email notices of new posts to threads I follow.

Ummm... Minor issue. I don't think the email alert system needs to tell me about an email I post to a thread to which I previously subscribed. But, that appears to be what is happening to me currently.

If I'm online and post to a thread, the email alert system should not tell me about that as a new email to the thread. But, if this is the best you can do (for now), it is not a big problem. Go wrestle with SSL certificates or something.

• Jump to: