Thread Rating:

gr8player
gr8player
  • Threads: 8
October 17th, 2013 at 9:19:39 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I don't understand that member at all. he's said in the past that he knows he can't win, but that he chooses to ignore that because it's no fun. So instead he employs a positive attitude. I guess that's fine. He can fool himself all he wants. But now it's like he honestly doesn't understand how/why he can't bring others into the delusion.

Et tu, rdw4potus? I've always respected you and your posted opinions, but....

"....(I've) said in the past that he knows he can't win"?????

Where, oh where, did I ever say that?????

and then your...."why he can't bring others into the delusion" comment...

What the heck????

I am not deluding myself. And yes, you can disagree with my Bac theories and methods, but there's no need for you to label me as "delusional".
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
October 17th, 2013 at 9:33:04 AM permalink
Nothing to disagree with as you've never given any specifics, nor accepted THE CHALLENGE...

<chickenman drums fingers on desk waiting on Gr8hoven9th to weigh in on this>
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
October 17th, 2013 at 9:42:45 AM permalink
Sigh. What's clear is that varmenti opened up his life and therefore it's open season. Got it. When Varmenti said that he sung in a band part time, it was not much of a leap to search for Varmenti using google and find everything else.

His identity is real. He showed most of his name on the player's card photgraph, and the dating profiles, band pictures, etc, all match up. The picture of the car lines up with a Niagara Falls address. I can also verify that at one point, he worked for MicroSoft, but not in a capacity that would allow him to have the knowledge to launch a DDos. I work for a large IT company too (my boss sails) and while I have the knowledge to take down the application I work with, I don't have the knowledge to take down the interwebs at large.

varmenti might have the same ideas as gr8player, but they are different persons. First they employ different betting methods (one based on a return to variance, another based on streaks). Second, they are based in two different locations (Niagara Falls vs AC/MS/Woods). Both of them share the commonality that they are foolish to post wins method without posting the method on what is supposedly a math forum and not get completely trashed as a result.

That doesn't mean that I change my mind about how these people are treated by a few of the members of this forum. There's respectful criticism of the method and then there's attacks of character. Varmenti's, gr8player and Ahigh's characters were attacked. But I'm not the morality police on this forum. That role belongs to the moderators. Varmenti and Ahigh opened up parts of their life that most people would consider private, which invited criticism from a few members who believe that crass criticism of their personal line is fine, and the moderators allow that.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 17th, 2013 at 9:52:11 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

With all the recent talk about 'trolling', here's a perfect example of (what one could argue is) 'trolling':

Quote: gr8player on 10/17:

What they really don't realize, however, is this: Their math is NOT the only math.

I don't understand how anyone is supposed to take something like this seriously (especially when this member has come to a math-oriented forum).

Are you labelling it trolling because you disagree with his statement, or is it ethically dissimilar to Bob's description of calling someone a troll? ;)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
boymimbo
boymimbo
October 17th, 2013 at 9:58:52 AM permalink
There is only ONE math. If there is another "math" that is true, then you would be able to quantify it in a formulae and a proof that combines it with math and becomes part of the ONE math.

Like I said, find a math genius to prove your "math". Explain your system. Let a person who knows statistics and math crunch the numbers.

The "math" has been done to show that Blackjack can be beaten. The "math" has been done to show that if you can condition dice a certain way, you will have a certain advantage, long term. The math has been done to show that if you hole card 3-card, you can have an advantage. The math has been done to send people to the moon, to do complex engineering, to explain general relativity and quantum mechanics. Yet there is a claim that there is some "FoxNews" math (sorry AZ, Beethoven, and the general right, now this is TROLLING -- on topic) exists that allows Baccarat players to have an advantage.

So let's see it.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
October 17th, 2013 at 10:18:39 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Varmenti's, gr8player and Ahigh's characters were attacked.

You keep bringing up Ahigh's name, and that's unfair because he's a good guy.

varmenti might have the same ideas as gr8player, but they are different persons...they are based in two different locations

...because people would never lie about themselves on the internet, huh? *facepalm*

Quote: thecesspit

...or is it ethically dissimilar to Bob's description of calling someone a troll? ;)

LOL...almost forgot that one! ;)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
boymimbo
boymimbo
October 17th, 2013 at 10:50:34 AM permalink
I didn't say Ahigh, Varmenti, or Gr8player were bad guys. I made the TRUE statement that their characters were attacked. *highfive*!

No, the evidence is very clear that Gr8 and Varmenti are different people with different IP addresses with different experiences, different writing styles and different systems. Maybe i'm Varmenti! Maybe he stole my password and is now logging in as me. *goatee-stroke*

LOL! *facepalm* *buttscratch*
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
October 17th, 2013 at 11:17:08 AM permalink

LOL! *facepalm* *buttscratch*

That sentence would be even funnier in reverse order.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
thecesspit
thecesspit
October 17th, 2013 at 11:27:56 AM permalink

Sure, but he was also pestered a lot. I think attacking the idea rather than the person is reasonable position when it comes to Math systems. It's a lot harder when it becomes Political... as the idea is often very close to the person's identity. But then again, the idea of some people's systems is also very close to their personality, which is why we get grandiose statements, accusations, sulks and histrionics when the system is considered to be false/wrong/illogical.

Quote:

...because people would never lie about themselves on the internet, huh? *facepalm*

I tend to take the naive position that they are telling the truth until the mass of evidence points otherwise. I don't see that mass for varmenti=gr8player. Too different in style, attitude and the scant facts given. Of course, I might be very wrong, but I find it easier to not worry about being very wrong on this sort of thing. If someone wants to play duplicates and sock puppets, let 'em. They eventually show themselves up, or it doesn't really matter.

...or is it ethically dissimilar to Bob's description of calling someone a troll? ;)

LOL...almost forgot that one! ;)

You are most welcome!
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
boymimbo
boymimbo
October 17th, 2013 at 11:31:32 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

That sentence would be even funnier in reverse order.

But hardly clean! *handwash*
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 12:23:12 PM permalink

I didn't say Ahigh, Varmenti, or Gr8player were bad guys. I made the TRUE statement that their characters were attacked.

I still don't understand why you need to keep bringing up Ahigh when he has nothing to do with this. My brother's character was attacked a little while back, but you don't see me bringing him up out of the blue.

Anyway, I guess if Ahigh doesn't care about his name being brought up, then no one else should either.

No, the evidence is very clear that Gr8 and Varmenti are different people

For the record, I haven't made any such accusations ever since Mission told us to cease & desist.

But my overall point is simple: Forgetting about WoV for a moment...it is naive to think that a person (in general) can't possibly use 2 different IP addresses. Apparently, you haven't educated yourself on the use of proxies...

with...different writing styles

...or the fact that it's quite easy to disguise one's writing style. Middle-aged cops do this all the time on the internet. Hell, varmenti did it himself when he posted as BlueEZ!

Maybe i'm Varmenti!

Well, don't you live near the city where varmenti claimed he lived? ;)

J/K, of course :)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 17th, 2013 at 12:26:38 PM permalink

Ahigh also stands behind and tries to put his money
where his mouth is on everything he says. He doesn't
make off the wall comments about a 'new math' and
then hide under the bed. Lumping Ahigh with Gr8-Varmenti
is ridiculous.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
thecesspit
thecesspit
October 17th, 2013 at 12:28:08 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Ahigh also stands behind and tries to put his money
where his mouth is on everything he says. He doesn't
make off the wall comments about a 'new math' and
then hide under the bed. Lumping Ahigh with Gr8-Varmenti
is ridiculous.

The issue under debate is the treatment of these posters, not the posters themselves.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 17th, 2013 at 12:31:21 PM permalink

The issue under debate is the treatment of these posters, not the posters themselves.

You can separate the two? Good luck with that.
In England you're still guilty until proven innocent,
should we adopt that arcane philosophy here also?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 12:35:17 PM permalink

OK, maybe I should bring up my brother then. Or maybe JerryLogan since my brother isn't a poster here...lol :)
boymimbo
boymimbo
October 17th, 2013 at 12:55:24 PM permalink
Bingo. My point was that Ahigh's, Varmenti, and gr8player's characters were attacked. That's what the three of them have in common. They were all attacked when they made claims that were mathematically challenged -- ahigh when he said he had influence over the dice, and gr8 and varmenti when they claimed they had a winning bacarrat system. And don't kid yourself, ahigh spent plenty of time on goodshooter attacking WoV and the posters here. So lump I will. I'll throw tuttigym in there too.

And yeah, I'm familiar with having multiple IP addresses, because I have them when I VPN into various customer sites and my worksite, but all of the other evidence, including the IP addresses, support gr8 and varmenti being two different people and not the other way around.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 1:18:37 PM permalink

My point was that Ahigh's, Varmenti, and gr8player's characters were attacked. That's what the three of them have in common.

All right, then my point is that all three of them AND YOU have each been suspended in the past for violating forum rules. That's what the four of you have in common.

See now? No one had brought up your suspension because it has NOTHING to do with the conversation. You should PM Ahigh yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if he says that he'd prefer not to be dragged into this discussion.

And yeah, I'm familiar with having multiple IP addresses, because I have them when I VPN into various customer sites and my worksite

And you're still that naive???? *facepalm*
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 17th, 2013 at 1:22:02 PM permalink
I had a proxy last year and I used it once on the forum
and asked Pierce if he could tell. He said the only reason
he knew it was a proxy was because he was personally
familiar with it, but if he hadn't been he would have no
idea.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 1:32:58 PM permalink

I had a proxy last year and I used it once on the forum
and asked Pierce if he could tell. He said the only reason
he knew it was a proxy was because he was personally
familiar with it, but if he hadn't been he would have no
idea.

It's funny because people don't even realize how easy it is to change/mask an IP address. My neighbor's 10-year-old can do it, and I have no doubt that even somebody as stupid as varmenti can. Major sites can sniff out proxies, but it's not worth the time & effort for smaller sites to do so.
gr8player
gr8player
October 17th, 2013 at 2:02:47 PM permalink
boymimbo, while I surely do appreciate and laud your efforts at reasoning, I hope you understand exactly who you're attempting to reason with:

Beethoven9th and EvenBob.

They will do anything and everything, nothing is off-limits, all in the name of deceit.

An impossible undertaking, my friend, for the know no reason but their own.

They know darn well that I'm not Varmenti. I wouldn't know anything of Varmenti even if I tripped over him.

But the truth takes a back seat to their personal vendettas and their personal agendas.

EvenBob knows of me for years, and knows that I've posted under one username, "gr8player" at every site that I've ever been on.

But why should he say that, when it serves his and Beethoven9th's purposes much better by using deceit.

Outright shameful, the both of them.

And shame on the admin(s) to allow them to run roughshod over the much-better-intentioned members of this forum.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 2:12:25 PM permalink
Quote: gr8player

They know darn well that I'm not Varmenti. I wouldn't know anything of Varmenti even if I tripped over him.

Teacher, Mission had told us to cease & desist, and no one has made that accusation ever since!
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
October 17th, 2013 at 2:22:10 PM permalink

In England you're still guilty until proven innocent,

I'm almost positive this isn't true.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
October 17th, 2013 at 2:29:50 PM permalink
People continue to attack me on a personal level.
aahigh.com
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
October 17th, 2013 at 3:14:08 PM permalink
Quote: kubikulann

Forgive me, I am not a professional psychologist, but I had to deal with someone who, though not schizo or paranoiac, was definitely mythomaniac.

On the whole, he deserved more compassion from us all than despise. His problem is not stupidity (or betting-system-faith), it is a medical one.

Mythomaniac? Is that what the under educated among us call a bullshit artist?
tringlomane
tringlomane
October 17th, 2013 at 3:16:27 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Mythomaniac? Is that what the under educated among us call a bullshit artist?

Pretty much. My g/f's cousin and his son are like this. They are generally good people, but some of the things that come out of their mouths...yeah, right. And trying to refute them isn't worth the effort.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
October 17th, 2013 at 3:22:36 PM permalink
Yeah, stay civil, nod head vertically, remove yourself from the conversation at the earliest opportunity.
thecesspit
thecesspit
October 17th, 2013 at 3:23:07 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

I'm almost positive this isn't true.

There is one area of UK law where the burden of proof is on the defendant. I have no idea if that's what Bob means by 'English Law". It has also very recently been extensively revised.

In Criminal law the above is not true, and the UK is a signatory to the European Charter of Human Rights which explicitly states the presumption of innocence. It would appear that the same is not true in the US, where the presumption of innocence comes from case law, and derived from 5th and 6th amendments to the US Constitution.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 4:03:06 PM permalink
I love this thread's title...LOL
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 17th, 2013 at 4:36:04 PM permalink

I love this thread's title...LOL

It should read: Infested With Bullies and Bigots
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 8:08:06 PM permalink
Bullies and Bigots and Bac.....Oh my!

On another note, we should be safe from the GR8 One tomorrow. (For some reason, he NEVER posts on Fridays)

Beethoven9th, President of the Flat Gr8 Earth Society
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
October 17th, 2013 at 8:32:51 PM permalink

On another note, we should be safe from the GR8 One tomorrow. (For some reason, he NEVER posts on Fridays)

the fact that you noticed that qualifys you as a stalker
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 8:37:23 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

the fact that you noticed that qualifys you as a stalker

LOL! I've been trained (not for here) to notice anything out of the ordinary. ;)

Friday is the one day I'm totally free, yet I've found that all the bac talk tends to die down that day. Like last Friday, for example. Varmenti was light on the bac talk, too (compared to the rest of the week). *shrug*
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
October 17th, 2013 at 9:44:20 PM permalink
Quote: Pabo

Well put, boymimbo.

Varmenti is a would be hustler. Ignorant as the day is long. He thought he could pass himself off as a professional gambler. That joke ran into the wrong spot. Varmenti doesn't know jackshit about advantage gambling. All you have to do is read his words....totally clueless as pertains to advantage gambling. A dumass, trying to convince other dumass's, especially women, that he has what it takes.

That piece of shit doesn't have the heart. But then, I'm Bandy the Rodeo Clown.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 17th, 2013 at 9:51:14 PM permalink
^^^^^^
LOL

mickeycrimm is the man!!
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 17th, 2013 at 9:51:35 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

That piece of shit doesn't have the heart.

Now there's an old expression about gamblers, having heart. I
wonder how many here even know what it means. Kudos to
you for using it..
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 19th, 2013 at 12:32:52 AM permalink

Friday is the one day I'm totally free, yet I've found that all the bac talk tends to die down that day. Like last Friday, for example. Varmenti was light on the bac talk, too (compared to the rest of the week).

Like I said before, notice how all the bac talk dies down on Fridays? (At least 3 of the usual suspects are missing)
SueOhalloran
SueOhalloran
  • Threads: 0
October 27th, 2013 at 8:08:57 AM permalink
Hello, my name is Sue and I just wanted to come on here to defend my boyfriend.

I'm sorry that many of you have developed a hate for Vince and I'm very sorry you feel that way about him.
I've known Vince for just a short time and I can not say anything bad about him. Before I met Vince, I drove a 2001 ford focus that was down to it's last breath. I now have a brand new car in my driveway and I'm sorry to those who think I may have gotten spoiled by Vince. I can not thank him enough for the positive things he offers in my life and I can never see him as being a bad person.

I never played any table game ever before in my life. Vince had introduced me to the Baccarat game about 3 months ago and we have made quite a bit of extra income from the game. I am upset at the fact he spends much of his free time in the gambling forums but I respect that there is a reason for everything Vince does.

I just want to defend him as he helped me so much and if it wasn't for the Baccarat game, I wouldn't have that brand new car or that fancy jewelry and the house we are in process of buying.

Please respect Vince. He is a good person.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 27th, 2013 at 8:14:42 AM permalink
Quote: SueOhalloran

You're Vince's girlfriend? You do know that Vince and others have talked about him having a current wife, right? But, he's a good person...?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
SueOhalloran
SueOhalloran
October 27th, 2013 at 8:19:19 AM permalink
Yes, Vince addresses me to many people as his wife.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
October 27th, 2013 at 8:20:01 AM permalink

You're Vince's girlfriend? You do know that Vince and others have talked about him having a current wife, right? But, he's a good person...?

30 to 1 this is an alias, or non natural 9

25 to 1 alias or panda 8
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
SueOhalloran
SueOhalloran
October 27th, 2013 at 8:21:29 AM permalink
I don't understand this. I'm sorry.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 27th, 2013 at 8:27:16 AM permalink
>Hello, my name is Sue and I just wanted to come on here to defend my boyfriend.
Hello Sue. I'd prefer you come here to post about a gambling topic of some sort and not continue the incessant bickering this board has become.

>I'm sorry that many of you have developed a hate for Vince and I'm very sorry you feel that way about him.
I don't recall anyone named Vince, but if he stuck to a topic thread I sure don't hate him.

>I've known Vince for just a short time and I can not say anything bad about him.
Thats nice but please don't say anything good about him either. Talk about gambling or leave. Don't talk about posters.

>Before I met Vince, I drove a 2001 ford focus that was down to it's last breath.
At least you have some sort of mobility. That is good.

>I never played any table game ever before in my life.
> Vince had introduced me to the Baccarat game about 3 months ago ...
Good. Talk about Baccarat then.
>I am upset at the fact he spends much of his free time in the gambling forums...
Find something about 19 years old for him and he will stop doing that... but he might also stop seeing you so be careful.

>Please respect Vince. He is a good person.
Stick to gambling topics and we will respect each of you. (Though feel free to include a swim suit photo of yourself too).
SueOhalloran
SueOhalloran
October 27th, 2013 at 8:31:21 AM permalink
I'm sorry then, I must have not made myself clear to you.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 27th, 2013 at 8:34:33 AM permalink

I'm sorry then, I must have not made myself clear to you.

It's understandable that you don't like how much time Vince spends at gambling forums. But, the solution is certainly not to attend them yourself. At the least, you're wasting your time on this one, from which he is suspended for the next several hundred years due to his tremendous douchebaggery.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 27th, 2013 at 8:57:41 AM permalink

I'm sorry that many of you have developed a hate for Vince and I'm very sorry you feel that way about him.
I've known Vince for just a short time and I can not say anything bad about him. Before I met Vince, I drove a 2001 ford focus that was down to it's last breath. I now have a brand new car in my driveway and I'm sorry to those who think I may have gotten spoiled by Vince. I can not thank him enough for the positive things he offers in my life and I can never see him as being a bad person.

I never played any table game ever before in my life. Vince had introduced me to the Baccarat game about 3 months ago and we have made quite a bit of extra income from the game. I am upset at the fact he spends much of his free time in the gambling forums but I respect that there is a reason for everything Vince does.

I just want to defend him as he helped me so much and if it wasn't for the Baccarat game, I wouldn't have that brand new car or that fancy jewelry and the house we are in process of buying.

lol at thinking you can get approved for a home loan with a Bac side income.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
October 27th, 2013 at 9:23:00 AM permalink

It's understandable that you don't like how much time Vince spends at gambling forums. But, the solution is certainly not to attend them yourself. At the least, you're wasting your time on this one, from which he is suspended for the next several hundred years due to his tremendous douchebaggery.

Yes, Suspended.

Thus, acting on the assumption that he is a good person, he would not go where he is not wanted, nor would he have other people go there at his behest. As a good person, he would be inclined to leave people alone who wish to be left alone, so please pass on that nobody on this Forum appreciates him creating aliases with which to circumvent his ban. If you do that, positing that he is a good person, he will surely comply with the wishes of this Forum.

Him creating aliases on this Forum when he is not wanted is the Internet equivalent of putting on a costume and sneaking into an establishment to which he was asked never to return. In real life, there is a term for this behavior, "Criminal Trespass," while it is true that behavior with respect to Internet Forums would not qualify, what he is doing with the multiple aliases is fundamentally no different.

Please note that I harbor no ill-will towards Varmenti on a personal level, he seriously stepped out of line on the Forum Rules, on multiple occasions, and the repercussion is that he is banned for hundreds of years. He would have been banned permanently, but Pascal's Wager. He claimed he would launch a DDoS attack on this Forum, if permanently banned, so I did not ban him permanently.

Anyway, I hope the two of you are both well and stay well, and I wish the two of you the best of Variance in all of your endeavors, Baccarat or otherwise. Your defense of Varmenti is unnecessary because:

1.) I would be shocked in any individual Member of this Forum held any serious ill-will towards him.

and:

2.) Under no circumstances will I EVER revoke his ban.

Given that these two things are the case, your continued presence here will not affect Varmenti's situation at all with respect to this Forum, and your defense of him (while semi-understandable) is completely unnecessary.

Thank you for reading, and have a pleasant day.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
boymimbo
boymimbo
October 27th, 2013 at 9:51:58 AM permalink
Wow. I'm so glad that a man who has dated you for a short time has bought you a car and jewelry.

But all of us who know math and the game (and it's really a very simple game) know that the game can't be beaten using the method that your boyfriend subscribed to. And while there are a few people who might be deluded because they are on a short term winning streak, the variance will catch up to you. You will lose, and there are some folks on this site who take joy when a betting system goes awry.

As well, those who go the casino for hours on end every day to play a negative expectation game develop addictions, especially when you run into the inevitable loss that you are going to run into. And when you live within a 10 minute walk of a casino and make your livelihood the casino, the chances of the proverbial house of cards falling down is extremely high.

As varmenti's girlfriend, it would behoove you to have your boyfriend explore other interests other than the casino for a source of income. Casinos around the world have baccarat and there are no teams of people who are exploiting the game using any betting system. Yes, you can certainly cheat bacarrat with collusion with the dealer, but that's about the only way you can beat the game. The best way to buy a house and to secure things in life is through an income from employment (or self-employment), not a betting method at a casino in an unbeatable game.

Look at it this way. We have a WoV football pool, and I happen to be in 2nd place with a 58% win % on a game that should have a 50% return. Now, I can run around and say that I have a winning formula because I am ahead for the moment. But I know that my win % is based on very little skill. If I happen to win the pool, I'm not going to head down to Vegas and become a professional sports better, because my system is not mathematically proven. It just means I happen to guess a little bit better than everyone else.

I'm sure varmenti's a nice guy. So am I. But the addictions of gambling and false beliefs can ruin you.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 27th, 2013 at 9:55:20 AM permalink

[snip]

...was gonna post, but instead I'll just do a *FACEPALM*
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
October 27th, 2013 at 9:58:16 AM permalink
This forum can be a waste of time. As far as income from luck, it does in fact happen. The math merely states that if you continue to play long enough you will lose. The description of long enough varies from one person to the next according to their luck.

I'm sure lots of folks are going to jump all over my case for this, but my suggestion is just to enjoy it while it lasts and worry about the terrible state of your life that will result at a later time.

If you went from Ford Focus to new car and jewelry as a result of someone else, my personal recommendation to you would be to get a safety deposit box and stash as much of those new 100 dollar bills in that safety deposit box as possible, and get ready to find the next guy who is riding the uptrend of a winning system and just dump the loser once he's losing.

You can also put jewelry, gold bars, and other valuables in the safety deposit box too. And it's all private so no worries about having to claim income to the IRS.

If you are really good, get married and move to a state with really good alimony laws and find someone who works really really hard and stays at work all day so you can enjoy a lifestyle of luxury without lifting a finger.

If he divorces you, alimony will take care of you long enough to find your next victim.
aahigh.com
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 27th, 2013 at 10:04:44 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

This forum can be a waste of time. As far as income from luck, it does in fact happen. The math merely states that if you continue to play long enough you will lose. The description of long enough varies from one person to the next according to their luck.

I'm sure lots of folks are going to jump all over my case for this, but my suggestion is just to enjoy it while it lasts and worry about the terrible state of your life that will result at a later time.

If you went from Ford Focus to new car and jewelry as a result of someone else, my personal recommendation to you would be to get a safety deposit box and stash as much of those new 100 dollar bills in that safety deposit box as possible, and get ready to find the next guy who is riding the uptrend of a winning system and just dump the loser once he's losing.

You can also put jewelry, gold bars, and other valuables in the safety deposit box too. And it's all private so no worries about having to claim income to the IRS.

If you are really good, get married and move to a state with really good alimony laws and find someone who works really really hard and stays at work all day so you can enjoy a lifestyle of luxury without lifting a finger.

If he divorces you, alimony will take care of you long enough to find your next victim.

Good post Ahigh,

That is and has been a proven AP.
  • Jump to: