Quote: thecesspit

There, fixed that for you.

Bingo! (We use the word "fudged").
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 15th, 2011 at 12:09:40 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Asking cab drivers for advice on the best places has become more myth than reality. It's not a good idea in Vegas either with the kickbacks they get.

Oh, it's a bad idea anywhere. Vegas might be worse because there are so many competing choices, most cabbies are sure to ahve a kickback deal somewhere. The other thing is many times they don't even know where things are. Way too many rookies out there with only a dim notion of the overall layout of the city. I've lost count how many cabbies have asked me how to get to where I'm going.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
HKrandom
HKrandom
  • Threads: 18
March 15th, 2011 at 9:15:17 PM permalink
I paid cash and got no receipt. Very few places in China give receipts, let alone accept credit cards.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 16th, 2011 at 2:57:14 AM permalink
I have gotten into trouble in Mexico with whiskey and wine. You get an eye-popping bill sometimes as much as US$40 per shot. But beer is usually dirt cheap. The big mistake is always to order drinks without asking the price.

I feel bad for you.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
March 16th, 2011 at 3:22:55 AM permalink
Quote: RobSinger

Life is a game, a constant game. You have to play it right and stay one step ahead. If you get behind then you have to figure out a way to make up for lost ground.

Sounds like you were a Chinese cab driver, Jerry. More stories..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
RobSinger
RobSinger
  • Threads: 5
March 16th, 2011 at 6:14:52 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Sounds like you were a Chinese cab driver, Jerry. More stories..

You keep calling me Jerry. I take it you & he didn't get along based on the somewhat sour input you have as you scour the threads here for my posts just to respond with something stupid.

Then there's always the residual of those big winning training sessions that eat away at some....

• Jump to: