mthomson2507
mthomson2507
  • Threads: 1
August 5th, 2019 at 7:34:02 PM permalink
Can someone please explain to me how CHURN is different to Turnover? Thanks in advance
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 26th, 2020 at 3:32:25 PM permalink
Quote: mthomson2507

Can someone please explain to me how CHURN is different to Turnover? Thanks in advance

Context?
I am a robot.
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
March 26th, 2020 at 3:45:28 PM permalink
It has different meanings in different industries. Churn can refer to how long the lifetime of an average employee is, which differs by industry. For example, churn is higher in fast food vs. corporate work. Turnover usually refers to employees who leave for bad reasons- but usually by quitting rather than being fired.
The best things in life are not free.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 26th, 2020 at 6:04:11 PM permalink
if you run a fast food franchise and hire a lot of 15-16 year olds, you can expect most won't stay very long, but they are easily replaced by the next kid coming of age

Turnover is less planned for.
i'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but churning is normal and turnover not so much.

If you give a 15 year old a job making french fries, you can expect him to leave before too long. When making long term plans, you figure you will hire four kids to do the one job over the next year.
When you hire a Manager, you expect him to stay and don't plan on hiring one for awhile.
Churning fry cooks is normal. A large turnover rate at Management may indicate a problem.

Hope that helps a little.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: