Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 78
September 26th, 2019 at 3:15:13 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Which will now be closed because we are not allowed to discuss G*d here anymore.

Are we allowed to discuss the associated Big Book of Fiction?
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
September 26th, 2019 at 3:24:11 PM permalink
Currently reading the Big Book of Urban Myths. Lots of fun. Love a good Vanishing Hitchhiker story.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
September 26th, 2019 at 7:31:11 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Are we allowed to discuss the associated Big Book of Fiction?

You mean the Bible? Can we
still discuss religion, I thought
politics was all that was banned.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 48
September 27th, 2019 at 12:27:50 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You mean the Bible? Can we still discuss religion, I thought politics was all that was banned.

Quote: Rule 19

Controversial Speech: In an effort to keep the focus of the forum on gambling, Vegas, and math, comments of a political, racial, religious, sexual, or otherwise controversial nature are not allowed. We recommend taking such discussion elsewhere (Added 8/13/19).

Wizard did not go back to lock every thread that might ever be deemed controversial but I'm going to lock this one. [EDIT I see some other moderator already did]
The topic alone is pretty clearly not central to the theme of this forum and is reasonably controversial. I'd apply the same thinking to discussions of validity of The Bible, Quaran, or any other ancient religious scripture.

Feel free to take this topic to the forum http://diversitytomorrow.com/ where it's welcome and where EvenBob has already been active in a similar discussion.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.

• Jump to: