Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22364
June 14th, 2018 at 11:36:48 AM permalink
Quote: 1MatterToMotion

It just shows that religion isn't that far off any track



What 'track', there is no track.

"Truth is a pathless land." J. Krishnamurti
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
1MatterToMotion
1MatterToMotion
Joined: Nov 27, 2017
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 181
June 14th, 2018 at 12:02:50 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

What 'track', there is no track.

"Truth is a pathless land." J. Krishnamurti

Yes, truth as understanding, thinking in general, and philosophy. For the rest, it only often seems that way because most of the stuff that most of us think about, in terms of theory, anyway, goes along without ever being put into proper context. Whether we control or not what pops into our heads, all of it has definitive meaning, on some level in every activity. On its own, it all looks unrelated and whimsical. It's the understanding, which is seemingly endless. Not the knowledge of things, which is more mental than physical, or quantum mechanical, in nature.
Never make a bet that you wouldn't take, yourself.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22364
June 14th, 2018 at 12:10:05 PM permalink
Quote: 1MatterToMotion

Yes, truth as understanding, thinking in general, and philosophy. For the rest, it only often seems that way because most of the stuff that most of us think about, in terms of theory, anyway, goes along without ever being put into proper context. Whether we control or not what pops into our heads, all of it has definitive meaning, on some level in every activity. On its own, it all looks unrelated and whimsical. It's the understanding, which is seemingly endless. Not the knowledge of things, which is more mental than physical, or quantum mechanical, in nature.



You went to the school of 'why explain
things in 8 words when 100 words is
much more complicated.'
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 12559
June 14th, 2018 at 12:10:59 PM permalink
Quote: 1MatterToMotion

Mine, too.


I hate to have to break it to you guys, but science, itself, whether finite or infinite, confronts exactly the same dilemmas and paradoxes as do religion, and the other "branches" of philosophy. Russell's set-theory paradox, eg. "Russellís paradox is the most famous of the logical or set-theoretical paradoxes. Also known as the Russell-Zermelo paradox, the paradox arises within naïve set theory by considering the set of all sets that are not members of themselves. Such a set appears to be a member of itself if and only if it is not a member of itself. Hence the paradox." Which addresses such things as the apparent impossibility of listing all the rules of mathematics.



Yeah, I had you a while back, but wanted more confirmation. See ya.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
June 14th, 2018 at 12:13:56 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yeah, I had you a while back, but wanted more confirmation. See ya.


What was confirmed?
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 355
  • Posts: 6436
June 14th, 2018 at 12:17:46 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

What was confirmed?



Buzz...?
www.EpicEsquire.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22364
Thanks for this post from:
aceofspadesbeachbumbabs
June 14th, 2018 at 12:23:17 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Buzz...?



It wasn't Buzz. I was getting
irritated with his nonsense
posts in this thread, using
a bunch of words to basically
say nothing. I'm the only one
allowed to do that.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
June 14th, 2018 at 12:59:45 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

What was confirmed?



OK Babs, don't hold us in suspense: who was it?

FWIW I disagree EB's belief that M2M's posts were BS; I suspect he's a smart, well educated person whose comments were abstruse and difficult for some to follow.

One can only assume he was a sock?

Otherwise, why give him the old heave ho?
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22364
June 14th, 2018 at 1:26:13 PM permalink
Quote: MrV


FWIW I disagree EB's belief that M2M's posts were BS; I suspect he's a smart, well educated person whose comments were abstruse and difficult for some to follow.



They weren't hard to follow if you
know how to read over written crap.
He's somebody who knew me on GG,
he almost said as much. He gave it
away last week.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
June 14th, 2018 at 1:35:38 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

OK Babs, don't hold us in suspense: who was it?

FWIW I disagree EB's belief that M2M's posts were BS; I suspect he's a smart, well educated person whose comments were abstruse and difficult for some to follow.

One can only assume he was a sock?

Otherwise, why give him the old heave ho?


Naturally she runs and hides and won't tell us the truth.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!

  • Jump to: