superrick
superrick
  • Threads: 28
December 17th, 2013 at 3:28:03 PM permalink
What were the ods of this happening?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/17/21942336-doomsday-preacher-harold-camping-dies-at-92
Note, all my post start with this is just my opinion...! You do good brada ..! superrick Winning comes from knowledge and skill when your betting and not reading fiction http://procraps4u2.myfanforum.org/index.php ...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 17th, 2013 at 3:33:39 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 17th, 2013 at 3:38:54 PM permalink
"But the day came and went without a bang, and he blamed the misstep on a faulty mathematical calculation based on information in the Bible."

Doing math with material in a book that's 99%
urban legends can get a little tricky.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
anonimuss
anonimuss
  • Threads: 2
December 17th, 2013 at 3:39:14 PM permalink
Self fulfilling prophecy.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 17th, 2013 at 3:55:12 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 17th, 2013 at 4:18:45 PM permalink
Quote: superrick

What were the ods of this happening?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/17/21942336-doomsday-preacher-harold-camping-dies-at-92

I Don't like to be so mean, but Im glad that man is dead if its true. My friend has his birthday today and he'll take it as i gift from god removing him from the earth.
I am a robot.
superrick
superrick
December 17th, 2013 at 4:43:42 PM permalink
Quote:

onenickelmiracle
I Don't like to be so mean, but Im glad that man is dead if its true. My friend has his birthday today and he'll take it as i gift from god removing him from the earth.

How could you be mean, the guy got what he wanted. The good thing that happened is he didn't get a chance to take anybody with him, like all the other nuts that came before him and was nothing more than death cults. Like Jim Jones, Heaven's Gate, Solar Temple, Branch Davidians and lets not forget the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God!

'
Note, all my post start with this is just my opinion...! You do good brada ..! superrick Winning comes from knowledge and skill when your betting and not reading fiction http://procraps4u2.myfanforum.org/index.php ...
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 17th, 2013 at 5:48:05 PM permalink
Quote: superrick

Quote:

onenickelmiracle

How could you be mean, the guy got what he wanted. The good thing that happened is he didn't get a chance to take anybody with him, like all the other nuts that came before him and was nothing more than death cults. Like Jim Jones, Heaven's Gate, Solar Temple, Branch Davidians and lets not forget the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God!

'

obviously he was just a businessman and a conartist. The end of the world would be the last thing he would ever want because his business would be ruined. I just don't like being happy because someone has died, but this guy was just a leech and he probably effectively killed more people than those others did.
I am a robot.
superrick
superrick
December 17th, 2013 at 8:10:18 PM permalink
Quote:

onenickelmiracle
obviously he was just a businessman and a conartist. The end of the world would be the last thing he would ever want because his business would be ruined. I just don't like being happy because someone has died, but this guy was just a leech and he probably effectively killed more people than those others did.

Well he may not have killed his followers physically,but I'm sure he did mentally!

Soft17
Soft17
  • Threads: 2
December 17th, 2013 at 8:12:48 PM permalink
According to his religion, do you think he went to hell, or did Jesus just facepalm and shake his head when Harold came walking in through the gate?
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 17th, 2013 at 9:01:58 PM permalink
Quote: Soft17

According to his religion, do you think he went to hell, or did Jesus just facepalm and shake his head when Harold came walking in through the gate?

I'm sure that right up to the moment he lost consciousness for the last time, he was certain that he was going to heaven.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
  • Threads: 69
December 18th, 2013 at 2:01:28 AM permalink
He was finally right about the "end."
  • Jump to: