FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
October 25th, 2013 at 9:21:42 AM permalink
UPDATE
Got to see this dear woman again and I think she was surprised by me calling her. Nothing seemed to be happening that necessitated my return. She warmly greeted me and we chatted for a bit. I noticed the bedroom door was closed this time. I brought up what I thought might have been a strange occurrence with her TV the last time I was here. Her face turned white and she seemed a little perplexed. She opened the bedroom door to reveal no more TV and was wondering why or how I knew her TV was having problems. She explained that she had trouble with it and that it was broken and she finally threw it away after I left. I asked her for some clarification and she told me that at times it, "had a mind of its own". Examples of this were it turning on in the middle of the night by itself, fuzzy pictures (she did show me that the apartment had cable), and strange images especially of angry or violent animals. I told her then of my experience with the "dog", she did not remember it or recall it but she did not seem overly surprised by it. Something like the dog incident and the growl had never happened to her and when something strange like that happened she just turned off the TV without incident. She never alluded to thinking any of this, in regard to the TV, was a supernatural problem. I asked her if she had a DVD player and she said no. Anyway it was a pleasant little chat and visit, we prayed again gave her a blessing and I was on my way.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
October 25th, 2013 at 10:51:21 AM permalink
I am happy to hear that the woman seems to be fine, but how do you explain your experience? Did your partner also hear the dog barking, and see the image on the tv?

Edit: There is a "Guard Dog Theft Alarm" app on Amazon, that has video and audio of a barking dog that is tied to the motion sensor on most phones and tablets.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
October 25th, 2013 at 11:30:24 AM permalink
Yes my friend and I have discussed the barking and the dog on TV, he did not see the dog or hear the growl I received as he was already almost out the door when it happened. We both thought it was very strange. I went back by myself and have not spoken to my friend about the update yet.

I continue to think the dog is unexplainable by any guard dog app, theft deterrent, DVD, or motion sensor. She reported to me having had similar incidents with angry animals appearing on the screen which she promptly turned off without incident as well as other strange things with the TV leading to her actually throwing it out. I kind of remember it being an old TV, picture tube type, and a little smaller screen than a computer monitor - so it might have been time for it to go anyway.

I too am glad she seems fine and relieved of whatever was causing her such anxiety. I will talk to somebody with more experience about this stuff soon, but my conclusion is that the simplest answer (thanks for the reminder Evenbob) is that some evil spirit was trying to torment this poor woman by using the TV. It was very upset that I was there as evidenced by this strange phenomenon on TV and that this lady once she made up her mind to get rid of the TV, which had been causing her problems for some time, was relieved and at peace. I know it sounds strange, even stranger to write, but I am trying to come up with other solutions and they all seem to fail the test of reason. Again this was a rare experience for me and I hope I don't experience many more like them. Thanks.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 173
October 25th, 2013 at 11:38:10 AM permalink
Bad Prankster? Anyone remember the comic books ads for fm transmitters? Transmit through any nearby radio. You had to be within 20 30ft of it.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.

• Jump to: